F it, I'm a fan so I'll talk about it... What if....

43 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Damn Bro, has he played a playoff game?  that's your Negative Nancy reaction, common amongst a number of long term Beatdown Bengals fans.  You're watching the same shit I am, this Kid has "IT".  Baker has NEVER looked like this.  We have a 4500 yard passer, 2 1000 yard recievers, another 800+ yard reciever, a 1000 yard rusher, two DEs with more sacks than the entire team had last year, and a solid D Backfield.  and they have almost all their premier pieces already signed for the next couple of years.  Personally, I think they are a year early, but I'll take what I see.

You seem to be confusing my skepticism of the organization with skepticism of Burrow.  

I think Burrow is a franchise QB for sure but the organization rolled the dice with marginal interior lineman who have allowed him to be sacked 51 times or on 9% of his pass plays.   We are lucky he is still upright.  Keep in mind, he has one of the quickest releases in the league at 2.4 secs. 

I don’t want to look back 7 years from now and see Matthew Stafford or Andrew Luck staring back at me.  One bolted, the other retired after the beating he took.  

Agree with kennethmw they may be a year early but to most of our surprise hallelujah!!

A year early but assembling the pieces and think this off season they will focus on the main weakness, offensive line. 

Which may put us over the top if they can keep the other areas playing at the same level. Defense is good enough if offense can keep Burrow upright and give him any amount of time to make plays, and give our running game the push it needs.

The biggest complaint from most is yeah we got a special wr but marginal offensive linemen that have to play better. Carmen comes in out of shape and just makes the pic look really bad when other rookie OL are performing well. But have to deal with the OL this year believe it is just the rout they went in the building of a winner. Would not trade Jamarr Chase for anyone at this point. Unfortunately OL may be our downfall this year, hope not maybe it just clicks for them and playing teams a second time is good experience and should know what to expect. But going forward no way it doesn`t improve.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:11 PM, SF2 said:

You seem to be confusing my skepticism of the organization with skepticism of Burrow.  

I think Burrow is a franchise QB for sure but the organization rolled the dice with marginal interior lineman who have allowed him to be sacked 51 times or on 9% of his pass plays.   We are lucky he is still upright.  Keep in mind, he has one of the quickest releases in the league at 2.4 secs. 

I don’t want to look back 7 years from now and see Matthew Stafford or Andrew Luck staring back at me.  One bolted, the other retired after the beating he took.  

What About NOW!!  WHO DEY!!

On 1/10/2022 at 10:18 PM, kennethmw said:

He ever have Two games with 971 yards, 8 TD's and 0 interceptions??  Has anybody?  Take your time, I'll wait!!😂😂

Congratulations on your playoff win from a Stealers fan.  

With all the hype that has been thrown at AFCN QBs - while trashing Big Ben at end of his career - I’ve laughed at Lamar Jackson & Baker Mayfield & have wanted those teams to throw massive contracts at those overrated bums.  If you really look at numbers and results, Ben was best passing QB in division last year and out performed those two this year.

But Joe Burrow is different story.  He’s for real.  Big, got an accurate arm & strong arm and seems to have right attitude.  (No offense—only time tells on that & I been fooled before.)

But I do have to point out in response to your inquiry about 2 games with 971 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs….ANYONE?  You’ll wait…

Big Ben two game stretch:

862 yards, 12 TDs, 0 INTs

While both historically great, Ben’s was more efficient as the yardage difference wasn’t aided by 3 TDs of 68, 69, & 72 yards—at least 100 of which were pure Chase breaking away with speed.  Still doesn’t take anything away from Burrow.  Ben put 94 points on the board vs. Burrow’s 75.  The other numbers are practically identical as both topped the rare 500 yard mark (Ben 522, Burrow 525)

Any difference is semantics—and Ben is a top 15 QB in NFL history at the end.  Burrow has all the ability and is just getting started.

The only thing you need to worry about with Burrow is whether or not he will be Mike Brown’d.  The Stealers went and hot Ben arguably  the best OL in 2010s after he he was nearly destroyed being sacked more than any QB in league over 5 seasons.   But Brown did what I thought couldn’t be done and ruined Carson Palmer, will his cheapness and bad leadership ruin Burrow too?

8 minutes ago, SNFSF said:

With all the hype that has been thrown at AFCN QBs - while trashing Big Ben at end of his career - I’ve laughed at Lamar Jackson & Baker Mayfield & have wanted those teams to throw massive contracts at those overrated bums.  If you really look at numbers and results, Ben was best passing QB in division last year and out performed those two this year.

But Joe Burrow is different story.  He’s for real.  Big, got an accurate arm & strong arm and seems to have right attitude.  (No offense—only time tells on that & I been fooled before.)

But I do have to point out in response to your inquiry about 2 games with 971 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs….ANYONE?  You’ll wait…

While both historically great, Ben’s was more efficient as the yardage difference wasn’t aided by 3 TDs of 68, 69, & 72 yards—at least 100 of which were pure Chase breaking away with speed.  Still doesn’t take anything away from Burrow.  Ben put 94 points on the board vs. Burrow’s 75.  The other numbers are practically identical as both topped the rare 500 yard mark (Ben 522, Burrow 525)

Any difference is semantics—and Ben is a top 15 QB in NFL history at the end.  Burrow has all the ability and is just getting started.

The only thing you need to worry about with Burrow is whether or not he will be Mike Brown’d.  The Stealers went and hot Ben arguably  the best OL in 2010s after he he was nearly destroyed being sacked more than any QB in league over 5 seasons.   But Brown did what I thought couldn’t be done and ruined Carson Palmer, will his cheapness and bad leadership ruin Burrow too?

The Bengals have spent money on free agents and have hit on almost every one of them since Taylor has gotten here. 

Chidobe Awuzie

Vonn Bell

DJ Reader

Larry Ogunjobi

Trey Hendrickson was signed to the largest contract for a free agent in Bengals history and has been worth every penny

Heck even some of the guys they got off the scrap heap this year showed up and showed out

BJ Hill

Eli Apple 

I think the dark days are over.

20 minutes ago, SNFSF said:

As if Bengal fans need guidance from anyone on the need to protect Joe Burrow.

Or for you to try to think his 2 game stats are somehow better, who cares.

And to your point Ben probably did his 2 game stretch with the better offensive line. So Burrow did better with less, hasn`t been accused of rape or for being a punk ass Bitch. Thanks for the congrats GTFO 

45 minutes ago, SNFSF said:

Thanks for coming and being polite, but you really don't think you are going to convince us that Roethlisberger is anything but a dirtbag.  HoF on the field for sure.  Off the field....even the Rooneys wanted to get rid of him. 

6 hours ago, SNFSF said:

Fuck Ben Rapistburger!!  And Fuck the Squealers!!

On 1/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, CalifBengalfan said:

A year early but assembling the pieces and think this off season they will focus on the main weakness, offensive line. 

Which may put us over the top if they can keep the other areas playing at the same level. Defense is good enough if offense can keep Burrow upright and give him any amount of time to make plays, and give our running game the push it needs.

We have more salary cap space than any of the other playoff teams.  We have a the league's emerging star QB, the best WR corps in the league, solid skill position players at TE and RB, a good-and-improving defense.  All of our Top 10 PFF-rated players are locked in contract-wise for another year or two so there's gonna be stability, which makes us a very attractive destination for free agents.

Free agency will be huge, players will for the first time ever WANT to come to Cincinnati... maybe not all of them, but significantly more now than ever before.  We should be able to recruit quality vets to help the OL and to plug whatever gaps we have defensively.

If Pumpkie doesn't screw the contract negotiations, there's an excellent chance the 2022 Bengals will be significantly better than the 2021 Bengals.  Significantly. Better.

The future is bright.

25 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

We have more salary cap space than any of the other playoff teams.  We have a the league's emerging star QB, the best WR corps in the league, solid skill position players at TE and RB, a good-and-improving defense.  All of our Top 10 PFF-rated players are locked in contract-wise for another year or two so there's gonna be stability, which makes us a very attractive destination for free agents.

Free agency will be huge, players will for the first time ever WANT to come to Cincinnati... maybe not all of them, but significantly more now than ever before.  We should be able to recruit quality vets to help the OL and to plug whatever gaps we have defensively.

If Pumpkie doesn't screw the contract negotiations, there's an excellent chance the 2022 Bengals will be significantly better than the 2021 Bengals.  Significantly. Better.

The future is bright.

If there is a time for the Brown Family Trust to go all in, it is this year and next.    

19 hours ago, SNFSF said:

I considered deleting this since he is NOT a Bengals fan but the reality is you have NO QB next year or anytime soon. 

Aaron Rodgers is not going to Pittspuke, his little Hollywood  girlfriend isn’t gonna allow that. 

Russell Wilson isn’t going there either.   Ciara is not going to live in Pittsburgh either. 

What’s left?  Deshaun Watson?  That actually makes sense since there isn’t much of a conduct standard there.  Now if he gets to play anytime is highly unlikely. 

Good Luck without a good QB.   Thinking 1980s Stealers are about to make a comeback.  BTW, what has Ben done in the last 10 years besides come into camp 30lbs overweight?

Archived