F it, I'm a fan so I'll talk about it... What if....

13 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Dalton could have been Mac Jones had he gone to NE at the time.

Or maybe even Joe Flaccid

then again Dullton throw a grand total of 1 TD pass in all his playoff games 

Good enough to get to playoffs - not good enough to be competent.  One of the worst playoff QBs of all time.  Any other fanbase would be glad to get rid of him.  Bengal fans gave him a farewell standing ovation.  Pathetic 

47 minutes ago, Cat said:

Agreed - but some of that is on the coach too.

Yes, and other players faded as well under the lights. Dunlap comes to mind and I think AJ dropped some key balls at times. And ML got more conservative so it all added up. 

ML did deserve a playoff win or two though. 0-8 has a measure of bad luck to it. 

17 hours ago, tibor75 said:

i hope all the Bengal fans who praised Dalton realize now what a real leader and winner looks like.  Dullton was a bum.  

What exactly has Joe Burrow won besides an AFC North title? 

18 hours ago, tibor75 said:

i hope all the Bengal fans who praised Dalton realize now what a real leader and winner looks like.  Dullton was a bum.  

A bum that went to the playoffs his first 5 seasons. How many QBs in NFL history have done that? 

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

For all of the young QB's in the league they have to prove they rise up in the playoffs and big games for sure. It is pretty clear JB does not wilt, lets see what happens to the others.

Wait a minute. I just took a long nap. Did I miss the playoff game? We won?

52 minutes ago, SF2 said:

What exactly has Joe Burrow won besides an AFC North title? 

Haha.  Quite right.  I am pretty premature in my praise for Burrow.   That being said, even if we lose in round 1, I'm assuming it will be due to horrible D, bad special teams, or crappy coaching and that Burrow may shine.  But he may choke just as badly as Plamer and Dullton.

22 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Right..

That pertains to every QB in the playoffs...

Better to rest and heal up his injuries .

Im not worried about a cooldown..

Teams that have byes arent worried about a cooldown period.

You shouldnt either..

Why not? It could happen. Some teams that rest players come out flat and some pick up where they left off. I'm sure teams that have byes are concerned with the possibility. Not sure how you know that they aren't.

21 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Haha.  Quite right.  I am pretty premature in my praise for Burrow.   That being said, even if we lose in round 1, I'm assuming it will be due to horrible D, bad special teams, or crappy coaching and that Burrow may shine.  But he may choke just as badly as Plamer and Dullton.

You can be sure that according to most people on this board, if they lose, it will be everybody's fault but Burrow's. 

Update: They already are.

14 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

And go 0-5

how amazing!  Only Bengal fanbase would worship such a loser.  

It is amazing to make the playoffs 5 years in a row. And Dalton only played in 4 games, meaning the common denominator of all the losses was Marvin. Who also couldn't win with other QBs. And Burrow has the same amount of playoff wins.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

It is amazing to make the playoffs 5 years in a row. And Dalton only played in 4 games, meaning the common denominator of all the losses was Marvin. Who also couldn't win with other QBs. And Burrow has the same amount of playoff wins.

Whats your point or any points youve made my awhile?

16 hours ago, Hooky said:

Yep. Burrow has yet to prove himself a playoff loser.  Dalton has that title locked up. Advantage, Burrow. 

15 hours ago, spicoli said:

I still can’t understand why someone would take the time to childishly bitch and moan and call a guy names that has absolutely nothing to do with this franchise anymore. Seriously, how petty can you be? 

Yeah!  Stick to ridiculing each other here on this board!

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Yep. Burrow has yet to prove himself a playoff loser.  Dalton has that title locked up. Advantage, Burrow. 

Meh, Dalton played in 4 playoff games.  
The first two we were horribly coached and  Houston ran all over us.  The play calling was amateur hour. 

The San Diego game is on him.  

The Colts game was laughable.  No AJ, Marvin Jones, Eifert, Sanzbacher,  Burfict, Andre Smith, or Gresham. The heathy receivers were Gio and Rex Burkhead who were RBs and Sanu.  I don’t think we had a healthy TE or linebacker on the roster. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Meh, Dalton played in 4 playoff games.  
The first two we were horribly coached and  Houston ran all over us.  The play calling was amateur hour. 

The San Diego game is on him.  

The Colts game was laughable.  No AJ, Marvin Jones, Eifert, Sanzbacher,  Burfict, Andre Smith, or Gresham. The heathy receivers were Gio and Rex Burkhead who were RBs and Sanu.  I don’t think we had a healthy TE or linebacker on the roster. 

Dalton's play since he left the Bengals does though support the idea that he is not a winner. Or said in a better way, he cannot carry a team. 

Archived