F it, I'm a fan so I'll talk about it... What if....

On 1/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, spicoli said:

I still can’t understand why someone would take the time to childishly bitch and moan and call a guy names that has absolutely nothing to do with this franchise anymore. Seriously, how petty can you be? 

Apparently, belittling Dalton and anybody that is not Joe Burrow with no objectivity whatsoever elevates Burrow's status as king of the universe. I am rooting for the bengals and whomever helps them win. I wouldn't care if Burrow only throws for 100 yards on Saturday if the bengals win. But you know that would piss a lot of people off here.

16 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Apparently, belittling Dalton and anybody that is not Joe Burrow with no objectivity whatsoever elevates Burrow's status as king of the universe. I am rooting for the bengals and whomever helps them win. I wouldn't care if Burrow only throws for 100 yards on Saturday if the bengals win. But you know that would piss a lot of people off here.

You’re one weird little dude

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

You ok this morning? I know your boy Herbert didn't make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Yeah, let's belittle Burrow instead.

21 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Yeah, let's belittle Burrow instead.

Burrow is playing at an MVP level and was PFF's highest rated Bengal let alone being at the top of their QB list, Hooky's obsession with "being objective" doesn't even ring at actual objectivity. It's weird.

It really is. Hell, Burrow's 70.44% on completions is INSANE. And second only to Kenny Anderson in team history (70.55 in 1982) and Lapham points out as impressive as Anderson was, that was in 9 games in the strike year. Burrow's accuracy is truly, truly special. 

Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow have both turned out to be "as advertised". Justin Herbert is a bad, bad man. If you watched that game last night you'd have no doubt that he's for real. Both guys are great young QBs with a very bright future.

To me, Joe Burrow was just the right guy for the job here. His Ohio roots and and moxie were something this team was starving for. I'm very, very pleased he's the guy under center here and truly cannot think of another QB I'd rather have.

3 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow have both turned out to be "as advertised". Justin Herbert is a bad, bad man. If you watched that game last night you'd have no doubt that he's for real. Both guys are great young QBs with a very bright future.

To me, Joe Burrow was just the right guy for the job here. His Ohio roots and and moxie were something this team was starving for. I'm very, very pleased he's the guy under center here and truly cannot think of another QB I'd rather have.

Absolutely on both counts.

Herbert's arm is f'n outrageous.  Guys kept dropping balls, probably because he throws so damn hard!  Gonna be fun watching these two young QBs play for the next decade or more.

11 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

It's Manning (Herbert) vs Brady (Burrow) part 2.

Give me Brady.

2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

My feelings exactly, but my hubby still insists that we should have taken Herbert. Ironically, he was in the championship of his FF league last night but didn't have any players in the last game. His opponent had 5 players in the last game, including LV's kicker and Justin Herbert. He had a 99% chance to win going into overtime and wound up losing on the last play of overtime by 2 points. He's still in shock. 

And no, I didn't tell him it served him right for trying all year to get me to change my mind on Burrow. Some things are better left unsaid and sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor. 

3 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Let's say it's whacky world, and Luo gets offered a HC position, could we get Zim back.  Would the team WANT to get Zim back?

I was thinking about that. I don't think we bring Zimmer back unless Lou A. gets a head coaching gig, and even then, I'm not so sure. The team chemistry is really good right now and the defense improved immensely this year, so I don't know if you want to upset that vibe and install a new defensive system by bringing in Zimmer. That would perhaps mean bringing in new personnel for a new system. 

4 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I was thinking about that. I don't think we bring Zimmer back unless Lou A. gets a head coaching gig, and even then, I'm not so sure. The team chemistry is really good right now and the defense improved immensely this year, so I don't know if you want to upset that vibe and install a new defensive system by bringing in Zimmer. That would perhaps mean bringing in new personnel for a new system. 

But that disruption can be said of any new DC we get, and we have a good history with Zimmer already.  

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Absolutely on both counts.

Herbert's arm is f'n outrageous.  Guys kept dropping balls, probably because he throws so damn hard!  Gonna be fun watching these two young QBs play for the next decade or more.

There’s no doubt Herbert has a howitzer connected to that right shoulder of his and he’s probably a little more athletic than Burrow is….outside of that though, I think JB is better at every other aspect of being a NFL QB.

I’ll take our guy all day long. 

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

There’s no doubt Herbert has a howitzer connected to that right shoulder of his and he’s probably a little more athletic than Burrow is….outside of that though, I think JB is better at every other aspect of being a NFL QB.

I’ll take our guy all day long. 

I absolutely love Burrow’s accuracy and intangibles.  I did not mean to say I would rather have Herbert. It was more of a “game respects game” comment. 

23 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Let's say it's whacky world, and Luo gets offered a HC position, could we get Zim back.  Would the team WANT to get Zim back?

I'd take Zim back in a minute, the question for me would be more would Taylor and he work together? 

I'd also consider Vic Fangio, say what you will but the Broncos have a good defense.

Archived