Official Week 18 Non-Bengals Games Thread

When KC had a chance to ice the game, they threw the ball.  When the Bengals had the same chance against Denver, they ran it.

But when they had a chance to win against KC, they threw it. 

Hopefully it's a sign that Zac Morris has learned his lesson.

So.... over in the soon-to-be-abandoned 2021 AFC North Playoff Picture thread, I've built a flowchart to help track our seeding, and have figured out what combination of games will result in specific opponents coming to PBS.

Linky: 

In essence, we can play ANY of the teams either in or currently alive for a spot in the AFC other than Tennessee and Kansas City.  We will be seeded #2, #3 or #4.  There are 2^7 = 128 scenarios in play, and while I acknowledge that these scenarios are not equally likely to happen (IND>JAX is much more likely than MIA>NEP, for example), just counting the # of scenarios and the opponent that will wander into PBS next weekend give us the following:

39/128 (30%) Patriots

28/128 (22%) Raiders

26/128 (20%) Colts

23/128 (18%) Chargers

6/128 (5%) Stealers

5/128 (4%) Bills

1/128 (1%) Ravens

Interestingly, if we beat the odds and take the #2 seed behind KCC (which would mean we beat CFT, HOU upsets TEN, and BUF wins the AFC East), if either PIT or BAL make the playoffs, they have to come to PBS to play us.

Why are Cowboys playing their starters?  

not that I disagree.  I think Bengals are making a mistake by benching Burrow.  But maybe they can beat Clowns without him. 

Edit:  a mistake if he’s actually healthy.  But if his knee is sore, then sure it’s the right move.  

But I don’t believe that this game is meaningless 

11 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Why are Cowboys playing their starters?  

not that I disagree.  I think Bengals are making a mistake by benching Burrow.  But maybe they can beat Clowns without him. 

Edit:  a mistake if he’s actually healthy.  But if his knee is sore, then sure it’s the right move.  

But I don’t believe that this game is meaningless 

I was curious about that also—and it wasn’t like a series or two…they were basically balls out until mid-2nd half. 

The Chiefs played Hill in spots…even after he hurt his ankle in pregame warmups. 

Be happy with your 4th Seed. Since you reminded me the second round games are all tossed back into the hopper anyway, it would all be irrelevant if they are not 1st Seed anyway. 

1 minute ago, Griever said:

Don't wanna face a division rival three times in one season. I know we stomped them both times but too much opportunity for shenanigans

I attended the last two times they snuck in and the Bengals played them. These bastards could be half dead, and on paper no threat at all. I would rather have a battery acid cocktail than experience that again. 

Archived