Raiders Week part 2 - AFC Wildcard weekend

I only caught the first half and part of the 3rd quarter before I went to bed.

What I saw is we will need to put a TE on the right side of the line to help Prince out. 

We can beat these guys, in fact, we already have once this year.

33 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Fear not, I will be attending my first playoff game live since 1982.  We won that one.  It was cold.  We win every playoff game I have ever been to.  

Something about a broken clock being correct twice a day? 😄

I will be there as well. Would welcome the opportunity to finally meet the amazing Saints Fan 2. 

I will be there Saturday too. Let's do this.

That really could not have worked out any better- Raiders spent emotionally and physically in a game that ended after midnight eastern and they have to travel and play early game on Saturday. Plus we know them, well, from having just played them two months ago. No secrets, no surprises, it's all right there in front of us.

1 minute ago, membengal said:

I will be there Saturday too. Let's do this.

That really could not have worked out any better- Raiders spent emotionally and physically in a game that ended after midnight eastern and they have to travel and play early game on Saturday. Plus we know them, well, from having just played them two months ago. No secrets, no surprises, it's all right there in front of us.

Would be pleased to meet you as well. 

Certain someone will do a “meet here/meet there” thread sometime this week. 

4 minutes ago, membengal said:

A little surprised to see Spain not on that list, he's played just as well as Jonah. 

Well discuss it in a few weeks once the off season starts, but I think if we resign Spain, the rest of the line from the center to RT needs serious work.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

A little surprised to see Spain not on that list, he's played just as well as Jonah. 

Well discuss it in a few weeks once the off season starts, but I think if we resign Spain, the rest of the line from the center to RT needs serious work.

For damn sure. And I liked Reiff's stability there - but he's older and injuries etc...

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

For damn sure. And I liked Reiff's stability there - but he's older and injuries etc...

Yeah I'm glad Reiff was here this year but I could take or leave him going forward. What I am hoping is that Carman solidifies himself as the RG next year and we only have to get a new center and RT.

The Raiders defensive line is one of the best in the NFL. They are going to be a huge issue for our dogshit offensive line. Taylor is going to need to game plan his ass off and Burrow better be ready to scramble. Mixon will be the biggest factor. He needs to be a difference maker for the Bengals to alleviate some pressure on Joe and add some RPOs to throw them off balance.

The Bengals can and should win this game. The Raiders are 26th in scoring defense and the Bengals, as we know, can score. This won't be easy and they will need to be on point but I am fired up.

24 minutes ago, membengal said:

I'm just not down with these PFF grades.  They're something to talk about I suppose. 

I think I saw in one of Weston's posts that Fred Johnson's PFF score was very similar to Williams'.  Really? 

Last week Carman got one of the better grades, but almost single-handedly demolished the Bengals chances with a false start and then whiffing on a pass block leading to a sack on consecutive plays later in the game.  Doesn't add up. 

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm just not down with these PFF grades.  They're something to talk about I suppose. 

I think I saw in one of Weston's posts that Fred Johnson's PFF score was very similar to Williams'.  Really? 

Last week Carman got one of the better grades, but almost single-handedly demolished the Bengals chances with a false start and then whiffing on a pass block leading to a sack on consecutive plays later in the game.  Doesn't add up. 

Jonah has had some games where he wasn't that good and some games where he was complete lockdown on his guy. More games where he was somewhere in the middle of that. I suspect without going back and looking that Johnson vs Williams score that game reflected in one of Jonah's down games. His overall average for the season leaves room for improvement but he's not as bad as some want to believe. In his first full year without a game missed he's shown to be a solid LT with room to improve into a good one.

PFF talks about how they do their scoring here - PFF Player Grades | PFF

17 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

PFF talks about how they do their scoring here - PFF Player Grades | PFF

Interesting.  I do wonder if the same person grades the same team(s) all season?  Could lead to bias. 

Also, would love to see the grades of a game I have watched to see how they graded each player on every play.  Just to see it in action. 

Just now, UncleEarl said:

Interesting.  I do wonder if the same person grades the same team(s) all season?  Could lead to bias. 

Also, would love to see the grades of a game I have watched to see how they graded each player on every play.  Just to see it in action. 

Their Elite package from what I can tell gives you all the in depth analysis of those things, it's a bit more than I'd be willing to pay. The Edge package I'd consider but not the Elite.

Archived