Raiders Week part 2 - AFC Wildcard weekend

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So is Taylor good at what he does or is he just riding along on the JB coattails?

Curious to know what everyone thinks. 

Joe Burrow himself tells me it's the former, and I choose to believe that. Clearly Burrow himself needs a huge portion of the credit, but Taylor shouldn't be treated as some irrelevant tagalong. This offense is explosive and it is diverse. More than once this season the Bengals have won a game in which Joe Burrow wasn't the feature or central offensive piece (e.g. Vegas part 1, at Denver).

Joe has said he loves zach. Loved him at combine and loves offense. He has made adjustments won with some pieces. Line help on offense and some more help on defense. 

Hopefully pollack can help us pick some better lineman we stink through draft. Just sign few free agents in my opinion guards shouldn’t be that much. 

2 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

He has made adjustments won with some pieces.

This shouldn't be underemphasized. I have been one, generally speaking, to cast doubt upon the vague notion of "halftime adjustments" when fans cry about them. I tend to believe that they're not really a "thing" in the most concrete sense.

Zac Taylor and his staff have challenged my position. There's just no question that they've put together fantastic second halves all year long in which they've neutralized their own first half goofs. They have to be doing something.

Not to mention, they finished the year as the LEAST penalized team in the NFL. Is that not coaching?

From where they started to where they are right now...the man deserves a ton of credit, IMO. 

Love JB all we want but the reality is, they absolutely both go hand in hand. 

6 hours ago, membengal said:

https://theathletic.com/3067051/2022/01/12/he-wants-to-take-your-freaking-soul-how-joe-burrows-personality-fast-tracked-a-bengals-renaissance/?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

‘He wants to take your freaking soul’: How Joe Burrow’s personality fast-tracked a Bengals renaissance

---by Paul Dehner

Good read membengal, thanks for sharing. Just helps confirm our guy is special on and off the field.

I think what I've thought for the last month or so.  Taylor has done a great job of creating the culture that guys want to play in.  The Bengals have done a great job at getting good people who want to win, unlike 15 years ago.  The last few weeks Taylor has done a lot better with is playcalling.  Put it in Burrow's hands.  If we're gonna lose, lose with your best player.  There were some games earlier in the season when Taylor seemed bound and determined to make himself part of the game and insisting on doing things his certain way.  I hope he is getting better.  Learning on the job as they say.

28 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

There were some games earlier in the season when Taylor seemed bound and determined to make himself part of the game and insisting on doing things his certain way.

So, he called plays strictly out of selfishness early in the season?

That seems a little out there, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So, he called plays strictly out of selfishness early in the season?

That seems a little out there, IMO. 

Sometimes coaches think they have to control everything.  Ever read about Don Shula?  It’s not as much selfishness, though it could be, but thinking they have to outsmart the other team.  Sometimes letting you best players play is a better idea. 

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Sometimes coaches think they have to control everything.  Ever read about Don Shula?  It’s not as much selfishness, though it could be, but thinking they have to outsmart the other team.  Sometimes letting you best players play is a better idea. 

Right on

8 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Sorry to hear it. Half of my team is out with Covid right now. It's been pretty mild for them, but it's been a few weeks of getting better and getting sick again. That sucks.

I pretty much accept that it's just a "thing" going forward. But if flu cases were spiking like that, I'd tell you to be careful as well.

as of today i feel great, hopefully it stays that way..

Archived