Official Meeting/Tailgating Thread--Wild Card Game 1 January 15, 2022

This can be used for a bulletin board of where folks will be on Saturday, and where to congregate at their discretion. 

Amish and I will be there Saturday. Our Section is 104. 

There is a very nice Queen City Tap House Bar at the 106 plaza entrance, with lots of room inside and out. There is also one at the 109 plaza entrance. 

As has been my habit for a number of years, I have spent pre-game at the Holy Grail (near the entrance to Great American Ballpark--Joe Nuxhall Way/E. Freedom Way). Good food and drink (but can get really crowded so earlier the better). 

After I confer with Amish, will advise of our location and time for certain. 

Here you go....

I’ll be in Florida playing in a soccer tournament with a bunch of other guys over 65.  

I’m glad the Bengals play on Saturday, as our tournament’s semi-finals might affect our ability to watch some games on Sunday.

🦗

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

I'd be down to meet up at halftime, anywhere in that concession area, since im traveling with my son so ill probably be tied up before and after the game seeing some local friends and family, but halftime im down for sure.

Sounds good. You know where it is located, right? 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The usual camping areas, or somewhere else? 

(now I have “Eddie Everywhere” coming into my brain…need to nix that!)

The regular, Jamieson, Victoria.  A beautiful peaceful and limited wifi place in the world!

Look it up, come visit with me one day!

Full disclosure in case anyone is extra extra super cautious with Covid ( tho i suspect you wouldnt be going to a stadium if so but regardless) i tested positive last week, i ran through the standard Omicron symptoms, all are gone but some congestion and thats 90% gone. even the fatigue is gone. both of us had pretty mild symptoms, just annoying ones, headache, congestion, fatigue, light dry cough had a light fever saturday night took tylenol and it was still gone next day.

My son tested positive a day prior to me, same symptoms timeline for him, we start testing today and will morning and night until we are clear, judging by others testing results im thinking we will be clear thursday. 

still cant taste or smell anything.

According to CDC guidelines i could return to work today with a mask since i was vaccinated and boosted, and symptom free more than 5 days out from start of symptoms.

the game would be day 9-10 after testing positive, and 10-12 days after first sign of symptoms, so i should be far far past contagious and well cleared of a positive test.

if that stops anyone wanting to meet up i understand 1000%, we can meet up in nashville the next week or in KC the week after. 🙃

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

Full disclosure in case anyone is extra extra super cautious with Covid ( tho i suspect you wouldnt be going to a stadium if so but regardless) i tested positive last week, i ran through the standard Omicron symptoms, all are gone but some congestion and thats 90% gone. even the fatigue is gone. both of us had pretty mild symptoms, just annoying ones, headache, congestion, fatigue, light dry cough had a light fever saturday night took tylenol and it was still gone next day.

My son tested positive a day prior to me, same symptoms timeline for him, we start testing today and will morning and night until we are clear, judging by others testing results im thinking we will be clear thursday. 

still cant taste or smell anything.

According to CDC guidelines i could return to work today with a mask since i was vaccinated and boosted, and symptom free more than 5 days out from start of symptoms.

the game would be day 9-10 after testing positive, and 10-12 days after first sign of symptoms, so i should be far far past contagious and well cleared of a positive test.

if that stops anyone wanting to meet up i understand 1000%, we can meet up in nashville the next week or in KC the week after. 🙃

I have no problems with it. 

Getting the final coordinates ready. 

For me, my plans are to be at the Holy Grail between 2-2:30pm (earlier if I can). Amish TBD.  

As noted, the Grail gets seriously packed (as does the route along Freedom Way with all the street pre-game fun). There is ample room outside the pub to congregate, but it too gets full. My normal standing area is within the gate alongside Joe Nuxhall Way (across from Great American Ball Park). It is partially outside, so a little easier to move around. Getting drinks on the other hand....

For here and during our proposed halftime meet up at Queen City Tap House Bar (underneath the stairs and outside of the tunnel entrance to Section 106) apparel landmarks will be a plus. My outerwear will be this benign Nike coat:

IMG_1305.jpg.badafdd305be20508738034e9830e8e7.jpg

I will also be wearing a jersey that I will guarantee no one else in the stadium will have on (unless they are Social Security age like I am):

1015263711_IMG_1297(1).jpg.c5ac64101df344f41fc7dba5bd86e58a.jpg

I answer to: Le Tigre, LT, Asshole, or simply Greg

Quite excited for tomorrow. It's been a while to be experiencing this level. Have a great time, everyone!

49 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Getting the final coordinates ready. 

For me, my plans are to be at the Holy Grail between 2-2:30pm (earlier if I can). Amish TBD.  

As noted, the Grail gets seriously packed (as does the route along Freedom Way with all the street pre-game fun). There is ample room outside the pub to congregate, but it too gets full. My normal standing area is within the gate alongside Joe Nuxhall Way (across from Great American Ball Park). It is partially outside, so a little easier to move around. Getting drinks on the other hand....

For here and during our proposed halftime meet up at Queen City Tap House Bar (underneath the stairs and outside of the tunnel entrance to Section 106) apparel landmarks will be a plus. My outerwear will be this benign Nike coat:

IMG_1305.jpg.badafdd305be20508738034e9830e8e7.jpg

I will also be wearing a jersey that I will guarantee no one else in the stadium will have on (unless they are Social Security age like I am):

1015263711_IMG_1297(1).jpg.c5ac64101df344f41fc7dba5bd86e58a.jpg

I answer to: Le Tigre, LT, Asshole, or simply Greg

Quite excited for tomorrow. It's been a while to be experiencing this level. Have a great time, everyone!

That is an awesome jersey.

12 minutes ago, spidey said:

That is an awesome jersey.

Koch's Sporting Goods, downtown Cincinnati. They usually have a lot of the original ones (they aren't really "original"--they make them to original specs and material) hanging up towards the ceiling. Mostly Anderson, and Curtis. I saw this one hanging there 3 years ago, and had to have it. Not cheap however. 

15 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Koch's Sporting Goods, downtown Cincinnati. They usually have a lot of the original ones (they aren't really "original"--they make them to original specs and material) hanging up towards the ceiling. Mostly Anderson, and Curtis. I saw this one hanging there 3 years ago, and had to have it. Not cheap however. 

I will definitely have to check that out.  Bergey was before my time but I would have to see about getting ol #33.

i am currently trying to find my bengals jacket, that looks like this: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/cincinnati-bengals-mitchell-ness-498613538

if i dont find that, ill be wearing a bengals t shirt with several long sleeved things under it and grey sweats...

ill only be at the halftime meet up.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

My needs are simple.  As long as there's something hot and tasty to eat I'm happy.

Chicken Girl.jpg

I also like fried chicken, too.

Oh Man, I had a favorite Amish Buffet in Sarasota with southern fried chicken. I prefer it to any woman I've ever had 🙂

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i am currently trying to find my bengals jacket, that looks like this: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/cincinnati-bengals-mitchell-ness-498613538

if i dont find that, ill be wearing a bengals t shirt with several long sleeved things under it and grey sweats...

ill only be at the halftime meet up.

That will be easy to see! 

Archived