Official Meeting/Tailgating Thread--Wild Card Game 1 January 15, 2022

So I am in Section 202 almost right above you Le Tigre. I could easily throw a baseball at your section and hit someone near you. 

I am driving down with a friend who has one of those “rich mother fucker” parking passes right next to the stadium. Try to hit the Grail although rich dude may have other plans. 

Definitely hit the section 104 Tap House at halftime.   “Husky” guy with a black coat and  a black Army (A) hat on.  I might make a sign that says SF2 on it. I answer to Hubie or Hugh.   

Kinda of first date nervous.

11 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Ticket purchased.  Will definitely hit the Holy Grail before the game.  Up in the nosebleeds so not sure I will head down at halftime but will see...

My son and I are in the nosebleeds as well. Section 306!

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

Downtown at the Banks. Holy Grail full - couldn’t get in if you wanted to. At Moerlein’s. Good early energy. Almost 100% bengals gear everywhere - saw just a few raiders fans.

Man, I hope that stadium is 99.9% Bengals fans. Last game we went to looked like a Clowns home game. 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

And may you convert more than a few set pieces! 

Thanks.  We won 3-0 yesterday, but got squashed 0-4 by Connecticut United today.  They had a good shot of winning the tournament, but lost their top two forwards late in our game.  We still have a shot of advancing to the semi-finals.

…but it’s sunny and 74 degrees.  😎

1 minute ago, Cricket said:

Thanks.  We won 3-0 yesterday, but got squashed 0-4 by Connecticut United today.  They had a good shot of winning the tournament, but lost their top two forwards late in our game.  We still have a shot of advancing to the semi-finals.

First college game against UConn was when I realized I was never going to be a professional soccer player.  

8 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Good to see and meet everyone. Hell of a game. 

And thanks to you, Dan, and SF2 for making it down. Wonderful seeing all of you! 

And, I also had a Tibor meet-up at the Grail. Always wonderful seeing you, my friend. 

Finally, what would a game day experience be without spending it with my brother Amish. Thanks for being there to relive an experience  we both shared 31 years ago, in that long since departed stadium down the way. 

On 1/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, Cricket said:

…but it’s sunny and 74 degrees.  😎

In case anyone was interested/wondering, my team won again this morning (3-0), and advance to the semifinals tonight.  We get to face the four-time defending champs, a team that I consider to be semi-pro and shouldn’t be allowed in this amateur tournament.  [They recruit the best players from other teams and pay their travel and lodging costs.]

The team we beat 3-0 on Friday, lost to our semifinal opponent 0-9.

Archived