Openings

Bears
Broncos
Dolphins
Jaguars
Raiders

Vikings

Updates on interviews

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MSjEz87kt7D0pL1p5l_L3-4gRky0x3I6xGnckMmUb1M/edit?usp=sharing

I'm still thinking Marvin will surface somewhere if not HC, in some capacity.

Marv and Zim or Zim and Marv to the Jaguars does not seem impossible

esp if they can also drag in a good QB coach for the girly boy.

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

im curious what happens to Bienemy. I feel like he is a fraud and a success of his circumstance, and not a cause of success.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of few  of these job interviews.  Obviously, guys like Zac Taylor, Sean McVay, Kliff Kingsburry and Sean Payton must have had exceptional interviews to get hired so young.    

Which leads us back to Bieniemy.  I have hired a lot of people in my day and I usually know within 5 minutes if I need to hear more.  I get surprised once in awhile. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall of few  of these job interviews.  Obviously, guys like Zac Taylor, Sean McVay, Kliff Kingsburry and Sean Payton must have had exceptional interviews to get hired so young.    

Which leads us back to Bieniemy.  I have hired a lot of people in my day and I usually know within 5 minutes if I need to hear more.  I get surprised once in awhile. 

yea him having had interviews and no offers is one of two things, 1. he was a quota interview for minorities, or 2. he is clearly and obviously not HC material at all.

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

yea him having had interviews and no offers is one of two things, 1. he was a quota interview for minorities, or 2. he is clearly and obviously not HC material at all.

I am going to go with door number 2.  Gotta think most clubs would love to hire him if they thought he would be a good coach.   

3 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Well I'm sure you two are reputable arbiters of his ability.

killer contribution, thanks for the input.

youre probably onto something, maybe they these teams are protecting the rest of us, maybe he is TOO GOOD to make a coaching offer to?

thats probably it.

Just now, GoBengals said:

killer contribution, thanks for the input.

youre probably onto something, maybe they these teams are protecting the rest of us, maybe he is TOO GOOD to make a coaching offer to?

thats probably it.

Or maybe his team has gone too deep in the Playoffs the last three years. Or Maybe.....  Ask Flores.

Just now, kennethmw said:

Or maybe his team has gone too deep in the Playoffs the last three years. Or Maybe.....  Ask Flores.

if he didnt get any interviews, that might be a reason, but your theory here is that its because a team knew his team was going deep, interviewd him anyway.. REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted him... but couldnt wait 2-3 weeks?

all of the GM's: "look guys, he is obviously the best coaching candidate on the market, sire andy ried has been a genius OC/HC for decades, sure andy still has playbook in hand and is talking between plays, sure he is th OC for andy and one of the best groups of talent in the nfl...  but its clearly eric leading this, he is the guy....  but look... is that really worth waitinga few more weeks?  * room full of cringe faces *. didnt think so.... pick a white guy out of a hat, we dont have time for this"

i can see it... im with you...

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I am going to go with door number 2.  Gotta think most clubs would love to hire him if they thought he would be a good coach.   

I (vaguely) remember reading an article about this a few years ago, sayin he had 2 problems. One was most teams thought Reid was the real OC and Bieniemy was just a figurehead. The other was a sexual assault incident a while back (2010ish maybe?).

Anyways, thats what I remember.

7 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Denver better hit the QB lottery or there will be 6 coaches in 12 seasons.

Hey, at least they are consistent.  

Real question is how much more do you think he would make as a head coach vs coordinator?  Are we talking 5X?

You last 3 years and you have made enough to retire comfortably. 

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

I wonder if they are more so kicking the tires for him as an OC after they hire Quinn. His contract is up so we can't stop him from eventually going if he wanted to call plays. 

Should he leave Pitcher is a good option there. Joe Brady is still on the market. Alex Van Pelt was rumored to be looking at the Pitt OC job. 

13 hours ago, GoBengals said:

or he tells them straight up whats wrong with their club and  doesnt kiss their ass,  because  it is  quite obvious all these teams that change head coaches every 2-3 years know how to pick them.   

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I wonder if they are more so kicking the tires for him as an OC after they hire Quinn. His contract is up so we can't stop him from eventually going if he wanted to call plays. 

Should he leave Pitcher is a good option there. Joe Brady is still on the market. Alex Van Pelt was rumored to be looking at the Pitt OC job. 

Joe Brady was awful at Carolina.  I don't care how well he did at LSU, hard pass. 

Archived