Coaching changes/Candidates 2022

Just now, claptonrocks said:

Did he have the horses to be successful there?..

Just askin..

Not really, but his HC was not happy with him.  Rhule says he wants someone with experience. 

The whole "did he have the horses" thing works both ways.  At LSU he had an insanely higher talent level than most teams he played against.  He will never have that much of an advantage in the NFL ever.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Not really, but his HC was not happy with him.  Rhule says he wants someone with experience. 

The whole "did he have the horses" thing works both ways.  At LSU he had an insanely higher talent level than most teams he played against.  He will never have that much of an advantage in the NFL ever.

Agree about LSU talent..

Ok

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Slash started playing guitar because he joined a band.... Not the other way around.

Never be afraid to do something you're entirely unqualified for. There's a good chance by the time anyone notices, you will know what you're doing.

Now if that would just work for the Bengals young offensive linemen...

31 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Slash started playing guitar because he joined a band.... Not the other way around.

Never be afraid to do something you're entirely unqualified for. There's a good chance by the time anyone notices, you will know what you're doing.

Been there..done that..

Your right.

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Fake it until you make it!

10 hours ago, stryker57 said:

or he tells them straight up whats wrong with their club and  doesnt kiss their ass,  because  it is  quite obvious all these teams that change head coaches every 2-3 years know how to pick them.   

That’s what most people do at job interviews, they tell the interviewer how fucked up their company is and declare they won’t work for them unless the company does what they say.

Most billionaire NFL owners love being talked to like that. 

Or maybe the team asked him what he would do to make the team a winner and they didn’t like the answer as much as someone else’s?

Just a guess.  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

That’s what most people do at job interviews, they tell the interviewer how fucked up their company is and declare they won’t work for them unless the company does what they say.

Most billionaire NFL owners love being talked to like that. 

Or maybe the team asked him what he would do to make the team a winner and they didn’t like the answer as much as someone else’s?

Just a guess.  

could be that too, most likely  the other candidates just blow smoke up the owners asses better,  they want to hear what they want to hear

maybe Beinemy figures he has a job that works well for him and while he would like to be a head coach he doesnt want to go to a team that changes head coaches rather then admit they are doing it wrong.     .  

10 hours ago, stryker57 said:

could be that too, most likely  the other candidates just blow smoke up the owners asses better,  they want to hear what they want to hear

maybe Beinemy figures he has a job that works well for him and while he would like to be a head coach he doesnt want to go to a team that changes head coaches rather then admit they are doing it wrong.     .  

Yeah, sometimes you gotta blow smoke up the bosses ass to get that job, that isn’t unique to the NFL. 

And the last time I checked, those successful well run organizations were not looking for coaches.  Unless he is next in line for the Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, Kansas City, New Orleans or Seattle job I guess he will remain a offensive coordinator that stands on the sidelines while the head coach runs the offense.  

Good to great coaches find a way to hang around longer than 2 or 3 years.  Marvin was a good coach. Kyle Shannahan is a good coach.

The reality is most coaches don’t last that long.  If he doesn’t want to take a chance he should stop interviewing.  

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, sometimes you gotta blow smoke up the bosses ass to get that job, that isn’t unique to the NFL. 

And the last time I checked, those successful well run organizations were not looking for coaches.  Unless he is next in line for the Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, Kansas City, New Orleans or Seattle job I guess he will remain a offensive coordinator that stands on the sidelines while the head coach runs the offense.  

Good to great coaches find a way to hang around longer than 2 or 3 years.  Marvin was a good coach. Kyle Shannahan is a good coach.

The reality is most coaches don’t last that long.  If he doesn’t want to take a chance he should stop interviewing.  

Being related to the boss doesn't hurt, either. *coughPumkin:wub:andPumpkin2.0cough*

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 6:05 PM, GoBengals said:

if this is how he answers interview questions. you hiring him to lead your team?

To be fair, even guys like Jerome Boger can rise to the top in spite of their inability to speak clearly or enunciate using the English that the rest of us speak.  I don't fault someone for not having a command of the language - as long as I can understand what they're trying to say, no amount of mush-mouth will interfere with that.

(Unless he's a gang-banger with his pants falling down.  Then it's kinda obvious that the speaking is a stupidity thing rather than an environmental -slash- upgringing -slash- mechanical thing.  Lol.)

I judge more on what they say, not how they say it.  Alas, in this presser, it seemed like 70-80% of what EB said were nothing but cliches.  Not that Marvin didn't do the same thing, mind you, but when I hear a coach talk about so many generic inspecifics, I question whether (a) he's hiding something from the press and it's a brilliant strategic ploy, or (b) he doesn't know his stuff.  This video is a poor sample size, but not knowing more about his interviewing style or his on-field coaching prowess, it's really hard to not conclude (b).

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

To be fair, even guys like Jerome Boger can rise to the top in spite of their inability to speak clearly or enunciate using the English that the rest of us speak.  I don't fault someone for not having a command of the language - as long as I can understand what they're trying to say, no amount of mush-mouth will interfere with that.

(Unless he's a gang-banger with his pants falling down.  Then it's kinda obvious that the speaking is a stupidity thing rather than an environmental -slash- upgringing -slash- mechanical thing.  Lol.)

I judge more on what they say, not how they say it.  Alas, in this presser, it seemed like 70-80% of what EB said were nothing but cliches.  Not that Marvin didn't do the same thing, mind you, but when I hear a coach talk about so many generic inspecifics, I question whether (a) he's hiding something from the press and it's a brilliant strategic ploy, or (b) he doesn't know his stuff.  This video is a poor sample size, but not knowing more about his interviewing style or his on-field coaching prowess, it's really hard to not conclude (b).

"Unless he's a banger with his pants down" reminds me of Pulp Fiction..

Great analogy..at least in my thoughts...

So...Is JB gonna get midevil this week??..😎

• 2 weeks later...

Kubiak-now Broncos Passing Game Coordinator and QBs coach

Brady-now Bills QBs coach

I would assume Press Taylor ends up on the Jaguars staff. 

LB coach Al Golden still in the mix as NDs defensive coordinator

5 options listed before to replace him

1-Jordan Kovacs has been his assistant for 3 years in Cincy

2-Mark Duffner Sr Defensive assistant on Bengals

3-George Edwards-Senior Defensive assistant with Cowboys-Anarumo in Miami

4-James Bettcher-Senior Defensive assistant with 49ers-Anarumo's DC in NYG 

5-Matt Burke-Jets game management coach-Anarumo in Miami and former Bengals coach

I'd bet on Kovacs but would rather have Burke. 

Archived