If you're unfamiliar with his previous work, here's "The New Era"

In 2003, after 15 consecutive seasons of losing, of becoming a laughingstock in the NFL, the Bengals hired Marvin Lewis. The team began a renaissance, going 8-8 in his first two seasons before bursting out in 2005 and taking the division with an 11-5 record. The future looked bright, we were relevant again, we were back.

This video captures the optimism of those years. We know how that story ended - Pittsburgh targeting Carson Palmer's knee with a cheap shot in the playoffs, cheap ownership who refused to invest in personnel and resources to take advantage of the incredible stockpile of talent we had, and a rare opportunity to ascend to the pinnacle of the sport squandered.

Yet when I watch this video, I am again filled with hope. And I can't help but feel proud to be a Bengal fan. Enjoy.

13 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

If you're unfamiliar with his previous work, here's "The New Era"

In 2003, after 15 consecutive seasons of losing, of becoming a laughingstock in the NFL, the Bengals hired Marvin Lewis. The team began a renaissance, going 8-8 in his first two seasons before bursting out in 2005 and taking the division with an 11-5 record. The future looked bright, we were relevant again, we were back.

This video captures the optimism of those years. We know how that story ended - Pittsburgh targeting Carson Palmer's knee with a cheap shot in the playoffs, cheap ownership who refused to invest in personnel and resources to take advantage of the incredible stockpile of talent we had, and a rare opportunity to ascend to the pinnacle of the sport squandered.

Yet when I watch this video, I am again filled with hope. And I can't help but feel proud to be a Bengal fan. Enjoy.

Carson Palmer had a golden arm! Fk the dirty Scumbag Stoolers!  Thanks for the memories. I pray Joe Burrow is protected this weekend and beats the curse! 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

Carson Palmer had a golden arm! Fk the dirty Scumbag Stoolers!  Thanks for the memories. I pray Joe Burrow is protected this weekend and beats the curse! 

Someone once said if you could build the perfect specimen for an nfl qb you come up with Palmer..

He had no leadership skills at all.

Didnt want them either..

He was never hungry...

Dont worry about JB..

He's not..

He'll be more than allright..

Enjoy the game..

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Someone once said if you could build the perfect specimen for an nfl qb you come up with Palmer..

He had no leadership skills at all.

Didnt want them either..

He was never hungry...

Dont worry about JB..

He's not..

He'll be more than allright..

Enjoy the game..

Absolutely right. CP was never hungry, literally or figuratively. Born & bred with a silver spoon in is ass and So-Cal soft. 

Archived