2021 playoffs vs LV game thread..

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

The whistle blew before the play was over. They should've replayed the down. Even though it did not affect the outcome of the play. The defenders wouldn't react to the whistle that fast. They got burnt. But a whistle's a whistle. The ref was probably too embarrassed that he blew the whistle when Burrow was nowhere near being out. 

But I agree with Earl. Fuck Boomer and Cowher. I stayed up for halftime of the bills blowout to hear them talk about the bengals win and they only talked about that play.

But to the media idiots that probably want to take the TD off and say it would've gone to OT, if they replayed the down, we could've been up by more than a TD at halftime. They replay the down and may have scored a TD anyway or a FG leaving less or no time on the clock for LV to score. So replaying the down could've helped us. But the media will never play that angle.

A lot of credit to the raiders coach for downplaying the significance of the call and moving on. Which is what the media should do, but they have to talk about controversies, no matter how stupid it makes them look.

And last but not least. Fuck it, we won. We deserved it. The media can shove the 31 year drought up their ass. Who Dey! Fuck the stealers! Go chiefs. Bring on the titans.

I agree with everything you said, the reasons for a whistle stopping play no matter what are obvious.  Like you my only real beef is with the talking heads acting like this is the greatest travesty of football justice that has ever been seen in the game.  

Let's not forget the times the refs got it wrong for us, had the replay/challenge, and KEPT it wrong (Pacman, TB, etc).  I don't recall there being much discussion at all by the talking heads on those.

40 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I agree with everything you said, the reasons for a whistle stopping play no matter what are obvious.  Like you my only real beef is with the talking heads acting like this is the greatest travesty of football justice that has ever been seen in the game.  

Let's not forget the times the refs got it wrong for us, had the replay/challenge, and KEPT it wrong (Pacman, TB, etc).  I don't recall there being much discussion at all by the talking heads on those.

That PI which was called on the Bengals was coming directly at us. The angle one gets from seeing it basically in full angle view, cannot be simulated on TV. 

The Bengal defender made (somewhat) contact on the receiver as he was going into his break. Carr had not even released the pass when this occurred. I was saying “illegal contact at worst” (5 yds instead on 20yds). Insane that it was PI (as the ball was also several stories over the receivers head). 

NFL officiating has become literally unworkable. The incessant rule changes over the recent years has rendered it impossible to adequately officiate. 

16 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Don`t think they were outstanding but they did a good job. Not so much the 2 sacks but have to run the ball better. All in all it worked out and proud of all of them and coaches had a pretty good plan to protect Burrow. 

I feel like the Raiders were keying in on the run game since they got beat that way last time.

31 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

That PI which was called on the Bengals was coming directly at us. The angle one gets from seeing it basically in full angle view, cannot be simulated on TV. 

The Bengal defender made (somewhat) contact on the receiver as he was going into his break. Carr had not even released the pass when this occurred. I was saying “illegal contact at worst” (5 yds instead on 20yds). Insane that it was PI (as the ball was also several stories over the receivers head). 

NFL officiating has become literally unworkable. The incessant rule changes over the recent years has rendered it impossible to adequately officiate. 

I agree. The ball was not released yet when contact was made. Should have only been a five yard penalty at best.

The NFL needs to really work on their officiating, for real this time. Full time officials needs to be the discussion in the offseason.

54 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Yep,  I mentioned that in chat.  Not to mention the roughing the passer call

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Esiason has gone off the deep end.  Is he trying to be the Howard Stern of football commentating?  The Aaron Rodgers rumor was stupid as F.  No one with any sense or conscious puts something that crazy out there without double checking.  Boomer just trying to get ratings.  Fuck him.  Stay in NY.  You're a fucking Jet.

GTFO Going Away Cake : r/pics

6 hours ago, Hooky said:

The whistle blew before the play was over. They should've replayed the down. Even though it did not affect the outcome of the play. The defenders wouldn't react to the whistle that fast. They got burnt. But a whistle's a whistle. The ref was probably too embarrassed that he blew the whistle when Burrow was nowhere near being out. 

But I agree with Earl. Fuck Boomer and Cowher. I stayed up for halftime of the bills blowout to hear them talk about the bengals win and they only talked about that play.

But to the media idiots that probably want to take the TD off and say it would've gone to OT, if they replayed the down, we could've been up by more than a TD at halftime. They replay the down and may have scored a TD anyway or a FG leaving less or no time on the clock for LV to score. So replaying the down could've helped us. But the media will never play that angle.

A lot of credit to the raiders coach for downplaying the significance of the call and moving on. Which is what the media should do, but they have to talk about controversies, no matter how stupid it makes them look.

And last but not least. Fuck it, we won. We deserved it. The media can shove the 31 year drought up their ass. Who Dey! Fuck the stealers! Go chiefs. Bring on the titans.

There is no way to know how the game would have played out if the refs had gone with 'do the play over'. If they did reverse it and we do not score a TD, then the same media hacks should have been blasting the ref for premature whistle ejaculation. This play, like many palys that have too much ref involvement, happenned and both teams have to play on from that point on. If I am a Raiders fan i am pissed at Carr for choking at the end of the game. He pulled out his inner Dalton on that last set of downs. 

Every sports game has its share of luck, mishap, bad or missed ref calls etc. I think if this play at been at or near the end of the game it would have more significance, but there was plenty of time left for both teams to excel or fail. 

Archived