2021 playoffs vs LV game thread..

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

There is no way to know how the game would have played out if the refs had gone with 'do the play over'. If they did reverse it and we do not score a TD, then the same media hacks should have been blasting the ref for premature whistle ejaculation. This play, like many palys that have too much ref involvement, happenned and both teams have to play on from that point on. If I am a Raiders fan i am pissed at Carr for choking at the end of the game. He pulled out his inner Dalton on that last set of downs. 

Every sports game has its share of luck, mishap, bad or missed ref calls etc. I think if this play at been at or near the end of the game it would have more significance, but there was plenty of time left for both teams to excel or fail. 

Over at Bleacher Report for the most part they did blame Carr for choking. 

7 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I heard the whistle... You tell players, when the whistle blows you stop. Period. Does the Raiders CB come over to try and jar the ball loose if there's no whistle?

I don't really like it either way. TD passes are hard enough to come by, and Joe just worked his tail off to make an amazing play. The refs took that away from him. The Raiders have every right to be pissed as well. On top of that, they league going full Orwell and telling us we didn't see what we all saw is beyond insulting. Those refs did a horrible job. Like they didn't just finish doing 17 regular season games. Phucking pheasants.

Because they thought Burrow was out of bounds.  The Raiders didn’t appear to be complaining about a whistle.  They seemed to be concerned about Burrow being out of bounds and were ok once they saw the replay.  Only after TV picked up the timing of the whistle was it a problem. 

The refs sucked.  Blowing the whistle there was a huge fuck up.  Technically they should have replayed the down, but did the right thing happen?  Yes. 

About this whistle thing...

I must admit I did not even know there was some sort of whistle or controversy or anything

like that until this morning.  We certainly did not hear a whistle.

On the opposite side of the field and away from the play.

I mean, the crowd was so freakin' LOUD as well they should have been.

Joe Burrow is even more dangerous when on the run.

5 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

You know what.... you can call me complacent, but today's win exorcized so many demons for me that I don't really need much more from the Bengals this post-season.  As long as they win the last game they play, I'll be happy.

I see what you did there.

😉

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Because they thought Burrow was out of bounds.  The Raiders didn’t appear to be complaining about a whistle.  They seemed to be concerned about Burrow being out of bounds and were ok once they saw the replay.  Only after TV picked up the timing of the whistle was it a problem. 

The refs sucked.  Blowing the whistle there was a huge fuck up.  Technically they should have replayed the down, but did the right thing happen?  Yes. 

“Please reset the game clock to 15 minutes of the first quarter, so we can figure out what the fuck we are doing”

jeromeboger.jpg

Archived