2021 playoffs vs LV game thread..

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

My god....what a whiner.  We won a fucking playoff game for the first time in 31 years and all you want to do is stir up shit. 

Well, if that isn't the pot calling the Kettle Black!!  You are upset that you and your little Buddy can't whine about players??  😂😂😂

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

They couldnt even do the news report :24:

That was actually kind of depressing.  Less than 5% of those fans (50+ year olds don't tend to scream into cameras) were old enough to understand what it took to get to a SuperBowl, to understand what it meant for Paul Brown to pass away, and to go through all the emotions of the last 31 years.  I'm glad they didn't have to experience it, as it wasn't good.  From what I've read here, those of us who went through it all had a whole other feeling than those jumping up and down there in front of the cameras.  You see, I've felt what it's like for the Bengals to win playoff games....many times, get to Super Bowls,...be a dominant team in the AFC for a long time, be the only AFC team to put up a fight (and almost win twice) against the NFC in the Super Bowl over a 12-year period, except for the Raiders' thrashing of the Redskins, so for me, it was a forgotten feeling, like seeing a best friend I'd lost contact with decades ago, who could have easily been dead for all I know.  Then he shows up after all these years.  It was an unexpected reunion, not a first-time experience.  

31 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Well, if that isn't the pot calling the Kettle Black!!  You are upset that you and your little Buddy can't whine about players??  😂😂😂

I’ll do what I want until they kick me out.  You are free to do the same, but you don’t have the balls to actually deal with that. 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:07 PM, UncleEarl said:

Wasn’t Smell the big English dude that turned his basement into a Bengals shrine?   For some reason I thought he had gotten sick and we never heard from him again. 😔. I hope he got to enjoy this win today. 

He and Lost were pretty tight. He may be able to shed some light. 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I’ll do what I want until they kick me out.  You are free to do the same, but you don’t have the balls to actually deal with that. 

this is the most pathetic post i have ever seen.

"ill do what i want (on a old limping football message board) unti lthey kick me out! (again, of an old limping football message board) and then saying someone doesnt have the balls to do the same (again again, which is be really annoying on an old limping football message board ).

i hope your kids arent rubbing it in at school too bad, " my dad does what he wants on a football message board online, yea he even calls out dudes for not being annoying too, whats your dad do? actually enjoy his life? lol loser."

you wife bragging to the other moms? "yea he goes by uncle earl, online, he does what he wants, no one fucks with him on the message boards, he annoys people week after week, lol its amazing, he fucks me when he is done, his dick gets so hard talking to men online"

watch out everyone, big man over here, doing what he wants...

jesus christ.

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

this is the most pathetic post i have ever seen.

"ill do what i want (on a old limping football message board) unti lthey kick me out! (again, of an old limping football message board) and then saying someone doesnt have the balls to do the same (again again, which is be really annoying on an old limping football message board ).

i hope your kids arent rubbing it in at school too bad, " my dad does what he wants on a football message board online, yea he even calls out dudes for not being annoying too, whats your dad do? actually enjoy his life? lol loser."

you wife bragging to the other moms? "yea he goes by uncle earl, online, he does what he wants, no one fucks with him on the message boards, he annoys people week after week, lol its amazing, he fucks me when he is done, his dick gets so hard talking to men online"

watch out everyone, big man over here, doing what he wants...

jesus christ.

Sorry you don't like it.  Not trying to be a big man, just saying my peace.  Your interpretation of what I am saying is strange to me.  What I was attempting to say is everyone should say what they want, within reason of course. Some don’t want to hear certain topics or people they don’t like and want them removed. 

9 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

That was actually kind of depressing.  Less than 5% of those fans (50+ year olds don't tend to scream into cameras) were old enough to understand what it took to get to a SuperBowl, to understand what it meant for Paul Brown to pass away, and to go through all the emotions of the last 31 years.  I'm glad they didn't have to experience it, as it wasn't good.  From what I've read here, those of us who went through it all had a whole other feeling than those jumping up and down there in front of the cameras.  You see, I've felt what it's like for the Bengals to win playoff games....many times, get to Super Bowls,...be a dominant team in the AFC for a long time, be the only AFC team to put up a fight (and almost win twice) against the NFC in the Super Bowl over a 12-year period, except for the Raiders' thrashing of the Redskins, so for me, it was a forgotten feeling, like seeing a best friend I'd lost contact with decades ago, who could have easily been dead for all I know.  Then he shows up after all these years.  It was an unexpected reunion, not a first-time experience.  

You and I have always channeled the same mindset. Thanks for the reminder, as I was thinking the same thing walking out of the stadium Saturday night. 

Hope the Blazers can one day have the Spirit of ‘77 awake once more. You and similar folks out there deserve every minute of that. Rip City! 

That's a good article comparing our Bengals with the Dolphins but their big mistake was taking Tua rather than Herbert

Tanking only works if you make the right choices. The Browns tanked for a long time and made a lot of bad choices with those draft picks. They finally hit on some

12 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

“Please reset the game clock to 15 minutes of the first quarter, so we can figure out what the fuck we are doing”

jeromeboger.jpg

Booger and his crew will not be officiating any more post-season games, per Adam Schefter

Linky: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33078679

Jerome Boger, officials from Raiders-Bengals game not expected to work again this NFL postseason

Referee Jerome Boger and the crew that worked the AFC wild-card game between the Las Vegas Raiders and Cincinnati Bengals are not expected to officiate again this postseason after their problematic performance Saturday highlighted by a controversial whistle.

The NFL grades officials after each game, and Boger and his crew are not expected to receive high marks for Saturday, when they ruled that a whistle occurred after Cincinnati's Tyler Boyd caught a touchdown from Joe Burrow -- although replays appeared to show otherwise.

One league source did not express surprise at Boger's performance; others around the league have commented on it during various points of the season, and the NFL has received mixed reviews for mixing its officiating crews in postseason games, taking officials from different crews and assigning them to work together.

Boyd's touchdown gave Cincinnati a 20-6 lead with just under two minutes remaining in the first half Saturday. Burrow rolled right to avoid pressure and threw from close to the sideline. Play continued despite an erroneous whistle by an official, who thought Burrow stepped out of bounds. Boyd caught the 10-yard pass in the back of the end zone, and the play counted despite protests from the Raiders, who cited the rule that the ball should be returned to the previous spot.

NFL senior vice president of officiating Walt Anderson said after the game that Boger and his crew "did not feel that the whistle was blown before the receiver caught the ball."

"We confirmed with the referee and the crew that on that play -- they got together and talked -- they determined that they had a whistle, but that the whistle for them on the field was blown after the receiver caught the ball," Anderson said, according to a pool report.

"In the moment, we didn't know because we heard a whistle," Raiders defensive end Maxx Crosby said. "The ref said he was out, and then they said it was a touchdown -- and then there was no review. So we were just like, 'All right,' so we just kept going. We had our opportunities. We just didn't capitalize."

Raiders interim coach Rich Bisaccia echoed Crosby's sentiments, saying he had "no problems with the officiating today."

The way I see it is it's not our fault that these fat, old, slow, stupid incompetent refs can't keep up with JB and his lightning quick decisions. JB is actually too good to play in the NFL. He belongs in some sort of futuristic super league that utilizes robots and lasers to officiate the game. 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:07 PM, UncleEarl said:

Wasn’t Smell the big English dude that turned his basement into a Bengals shrine?   For some reason I thought he had gotten sick and we never heard from him again. 😔. I hope he got to enjoy this win today. 

Yes, SmellKiperJr was the big English giant. I think he has 6'7" or 6'8". Really good guy. He sent me canned Skyline chili when I'd never tried it (being Canadian) and him and his sons donated an autographed Bengals ball to a dying child I was helping. I believe he lived in Kentucky and was in the medical field. I knew his real name due to our interactions but, it's been so long I cannot recall. 

1 hour ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Booger and his crew will not be officiating any more post-season games, per Adam Schefter

Linky: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33078679

Jerome Boger, officials from Raiders-Bengals game not expected to work again this NFL postseason

Referee Jerome Boger and the crew that worked the AFC wild-card game between the Las Vegas Raiders and Cincinnati Bengals are not expected to officiate again this postseason after their problematic performance Saturday highlighted by a controversial whistle.

The NFL grades officials after each game, and Boger and his crew are not expected to receive high marks for Saturday, when they ruled that a whistle occurred after Cincinnati's Tyler Boyd caught a touchdown from Joe Burrow -- although replays appeared to show otherwise.

One league source did not express surprise at Boger's performance; others around the league have commented on it during various points of the season, and the NFL has received mixed reviews for mixing its officiating crews in postseason games, taking officials from different crews and assigning them to work together.

Boyd's touchdown gave Cincinnati a 20-6 lead with just under two minutes remaining in the first half Saturday. Burrow rolled right to avoid pressure and threw from close to the sideline. Play continued despite an erroneous whistle by an official, who thought Burrow stepped out of bounds. Boyd caught the 10-yard pass in the back of the end zone, and the play counted despite protests from the Raiders, who cited the rule that the ball should be returned to the previous spot.

NFL senior vice president of officiating Walt Anderson said after the game that Boger and his crew "did not feel that the whistle was blown before the receiver caught the ball."

"We confirmed with the referee and the crew that on that play -- they got together and talked -- they determined that they had a whistle, but that the whistle for them on the field was blown after the receiver caught the ball," Anderson said, according to a pool report.

"In the moment, we didn't know because we heard a whistle," Raiders defensive end Maxx Crosby said. "The ref said he was out, and then they said it was a touchdown -- and then there was no review. So we were just like, 'All right,' so we just kept going. We had our opportunities. We just didn't capitalize."

Raiders interim coach Rich Bisaccia echoed Crosby's sentiments, saying he had "no problems with the officiating today."

The media will always reason this dismissal was due to “The Whistle”. But the unit as a whole, was shit all game long.

Even that series of holding pens on the Raiders in the second half had me going “Ohhh-kaaayyy?”.

47 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The media will always reason this dismissal was due to “The Whistle”. But the unit as a whole, was shit all game long.

Even that series of holding pens on the Raiders in the second half had me going “Ohhh-kaaayyy?”.

Right. People have mentioned the Carr roughing bullshit penalty. Don't forget the almost identical contact from Crosby on the play where they gave them the time out after the play was already over. The second time in 3 games where we finished a successful play and they called no play(Andy Reid challenge where they said he challenged before the snap, but if you watch the replay, you see the red flag drop after the snap.). Their reasoning for not penalizing Crosby was that they said it was incidental contact. When has that ever made a difference? You see it all the time. Roughing the passer for grazing the helmet on follow through. Given the whistle play, they were probably so confused on what to do since the play didn't count, though it shouldn't matter. Even the raiders coach dismissed the whistle controversy saying that there were ref debacles both ways.

6 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

That's a good article comparing our Bengals with the Dolphins but their big mistake was taking Tua rather than Herbert

Tanking only works if you make the right choices. The Browns tanked for a long time and made a lot of bad choices with those draft picks. They finally hit on some

man the browns, those dudes cant get out of their own way, i think the biggest mistake they made over and over was trashing coaches so often. when your team is that bad, give guys 3-4 years of drafts and rebuilding, if burrow was your average good rookie qb, this team is a losing team this year too. i guess their QB vetting process is probably the worst thing, but still point stands, they suck at making important decisions. i felt they had 2-3 good coaches come through and get run out.

Just now, GoBengals said:

man the browns, those dudes cant get out of their own way, i think the biggest mistake they made over and over was trashing coaches so often. when your team is that bad, give guys 3-4 years of drafts and rebuilding, if burrow was your average good rookie qb, this team is a losing team this year too. i guess their QB vetting process is probably the worst thing, but still point stands, they suck at making important decisions. i felt they had 2-3 good coaches come through and get run out.

like the texans? hire a guy he does exactly what you want change the culture while you have no picks and high cap,  and fire him after 1 year , then say in you presser your looking for a coach thats has the same qualities as the coach you just fired...

Just now, stryker57 said:

like the texans? hire a guy he does exactly what you want change the culture while you have no picks and high cap,  and fire him after 1 year , then say in you presser your looking for a coach thats has the same qualities as the coach you just fired...

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

yes, like that. man i forgot the texans existed.

Archived