2021 playoffs vs LV game thread..

Did anybody have flashbacks to Plamer when Derek Carr stupidly spiked the ball with 28 seconds left?  He had the offense set - should have thrown a fade or something like that to Renfrow. 

I remember Palmer would stupidly spike the ball in situations like that.  Or when he would kneel after the snap after a defensive offsides.

I'm assuming Burrow won't be this foolish in the final minutes of a half/game.

39 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Did anybody have flashbacks to Plamer when Derek Carr stupidly spiked the ball with 28 seconds left?  He had the offense set - should have thrown a fade or something like that to Renfrow. 

I remember Palmer would stupidly spike the ball in situations like that.  Or when he would kneel after the snap after a defensive offsides.

I'm assuming Burrow won't be this foolish in the final minutes of a half/game.

Both with injured knees.

One didnt have the courage on the field as the othet because of it.

Palmer never wanted to clear all the obstacles/roadblocks that come with being elite..

Different mindsets..

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

Tanking has nothing to do with all of the free agency moves on defense. We wouln't be where we are without the defensive overhaul.

We wouldnt be where where are for a number of reasons ..

And you know the biggest reason.

Id damn sure tank a few games in a worthless season to have a shot at some type of special QB..

Its a game and a buisness..

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Both with injured knees.

Palmer never wanted to clear all the obstacles/roadblocks that come with being elite..

Different mindsets..

And you know this mindset how? 

The “coward”—as you call him—worked back hard and recovered from a catastrophic knee injury in half a year, with 2006 technology. He then exceeded his excellent 2005 production. If the man “feared” anything—I never saw it on the field. I never personally cared for him, but he damn sure was no “coward”. 

17 hours ago, GoBengals said:

man the browns, those dudes cant get out of their own way, i think the biggest mistake they made over and over was trashing coaches so often. when your team is that bad, give guys 3-4 years of drafts and rebuilding, if burrow was your average good rookie qb, this team is a losing team this year too. i guess their QB vetting process is probably the worst thing, but still point stands, they suck at making important decisions. i felt they had 2-3 good coaches come through and get run out.

Freddie Kitchens and Hue Jackson were not good head coaches. Johnny Manziel, DeShone Kizer and Brandon Weeden were not good QBs. I loved when they drafted Baker #1. Awfully glad it wasn't Josh Allen

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The “coward”—as you call him—worked back hard and recovered from a catastrophic knee injury in half a year, with 2006 technology. He then exceeded his excellent 2005 production. If the man “feared” anything—I never saw it on the field. I never personally cared for him, but he damn sure was no “coward”. 

Lol, so it’s ok for your little buddy tibor to call him stupid but heaven forbid Clapton calls him a coward, right? 

Give us a break with that nonsense 🙄

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

We wouldnt be where where are for a number of reasons ..

And you know the biggest reason.

Id damn sure tank a few games in a worthless season to have a shot at some type of special QB..

Its a game and a buisness..

Again, we wouldn't be in the playoffs without the new defense. We probably wouldn't have advanced in the playoffs without the red zone defense. 

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I never said coward...you did

Courage cones at different levels..

I think the determination of Burrow

was higher than Palmer to excell after  the injury.

Its a factor in leadership to be go beyond being average..

And I may be wrong..😊

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I never said coward...you did

Courage cones at different levels..

I think the determination of Burrow

was higher than Palmer to excell after  the injury.

Its a factor in leadership to be go beyond being average..

And I may be wrong..😊

Read what you wrote:

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Both with injured knees.

One (Palmer) allegedly "didn't have the courage on the field..". This is not parsing of a statement--it was directly attributable. There is no substantive basis for the statement--other than a disjointed comparison from a personal slant to your present QB. Back off the obvious inference of cowardice as you will--it means the same thing, 

Carson Palmer was just as severely injured--if not more so--as Burrow. He worked his ass off to get back--and did in half a year, with 2006 surgical/therapeutic technology. He had BETTER production in 2006 than he did in 2005...where he was in the MVP running. It was no "average" feat.   

This is not a debate as to who is better--then or now. Believe in Burrow to raise the dead, for all it means. But to infer that because Carson Palmer's lack of playoff game-winning success was due to some "courage" issue--whatever factor that may be--is disingenuous. 

28 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Read what you wrote:

One (Palmer) allegedly "didn't have the courage on the field..". This is not parsing of a statement--it was directly attributable. There is no substantive basis for the statement--other than a disjointed comparison from a personal slant to your present QB. Back off the obvious inference of cowardice as you will--it means the same thing, 

Carson Palmer was just as severely injured--if not more so--as Burrow. He worked his ass off to get back--and did in half a year, with 2006 surgical/therapeutic technology. He had BETTER production in 2006 than he did in 2005...where he was in the MVP running. It was no "average" feat.   

This is not a debate as to who is better--then or now. Believe in Burrow to raise the dead, for all it means. But to infer that because Carson Palmer's lack of playoff game-winning success was due to some "courage" issue--whatever factor that may be--is disingenuous. 

Allright then..

Archived