The Good, Bad, Ugly and Akili

Good:  Burrow and Chase were great.  CJ U had a great game. Wilson, Pratt, Hubbard and Bates played great on defense.  Defense bent but didn’t break.  

Bad: Oline couldn’t get run game going.  Mixon had no holes and only limited push from the online.  Raiders have a very good dline though.  Need to get the ball to Higgins more.  Offense was a little vanilla in 2nd half and let the Raiders get too many extra possessions.  

The UGLY:  injuries.

The Akile Smith award goes to Huber.  Just a bad day of punting under perfect conditions.  

• SF2 changed the title to The Good, Bad, Ugly and Akile

Good 

Burrow

Chase - The right pick /debate-over

Hendrickson before he went out, after he left and the D-line had only two DTs left as well, that allowed the Raiders to make a game of it, because before that it wasn't a close game.

McPherson

Jermine Pratt to seal it. 

Jessie Bates - I was listing to the locked on bengals podcast this morning, Bates had something like 4 passes defended all year, tonight he had 3. He keeps that up and he will earn some of that money back.

Oline. This Raiders team of all of the AFC teams was the one that worried me the most because of their pass rushers and our Oline being suspect. But man did they do a good job in this game.

The Sewer Brewer thread is dead

Bad

Officiating, say what you will about that whistle that should have never been whistled to begin with, but that roughing the passer call on Carr was bullshit. Sometimes I feel like these guys feel like they have to give the other team a bad call to make up for missed calls that happened earlier. 

2nd half Red Zone Offense.... too many FGs guys, we have got to punch that in.

Ugly

My ugly cry this morning when I was able to process this.....(my ask in orange)

May be an image of big cat and text that says 'SAT AT 4:00 PM if your up there get us a win SAT AT 7:52 PM God God ......thank you Aa'

My friend Jason Holland aka Onyx on this board passed last year from Covid.  We used to have a Facebook chat with another friend that we would talk about the team and other things all the time. I sent this to that chat at 4pm yesterday. He heard us. 

24 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Good:  Burrow and Chase were great.  CJ U had a great game. Wilson, Pratt, Hubbard and Bates played great on defense.  Defense bent but didn’t break.  

Bad: Oline couldn’t get run game going.  Mixon had no holes and only limited push from the online.  Raiders have a very good dline though.  Need to get the ball to Higgins more.  Offense was a little vanilla in 2nd half and let the Raiders get too many extra possessions.  

The UGLY:  injuries.

The Akile Smith award goes to Huber.  Just a bad day of punting under perfect conditions.  

Huber's first punt was great, not to mention huge. 57 yarder from bad field position. Leaving the raiders with much worse field position than was expected. The other one, not so much. Wind may have been a factor on both.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Good 

Burrow

Chase - The right pick /debate-over

Hendrickson before he went out, after he left and the D-line had only two DTs left as well, that allowed the Raiders to make a game of it, because before that it wasn't a close game.

McPherson

Jermine Pratt to seal it. 

Jessie Bates - I was listing to the locked on bengals podcast this morning, Bates had something like 4 passes defended all year, tonight he had 3. He keeps that up and he will earn some of that money back.

Oline. This Raiders team of all of the AFC teams was the one that worried me the most because of their pass rushers and our Oline being suspect. But man did they do a good job in this game.

The Sewer Brewer thread is dead

Bad

Officiating, say what you will about that whistle that should have never been whistled to begin with, but that roughing the passer call on Carr was bullshit. Sometimes I feel like these guys feel like they have to give the other team a bad call to make up for missed calls that happened earlier. 

2nd half Red Zone Offense.... too many FGs guys, we have got to punch that in.

Ugly

My ugly cry this morning when I was able to process this.....(my ask in orange)

May be an image of big cat and text that says 'SAT AT 4:00 PM if your up there get us a win SAT AT 7:52 PM God God ......thank you Aa'

My friend Jason Holland aka Onyx on this board passed last year from Covid.  We used to have a Facebook chat with another friend that we would talk about the team and other things all the time. I sent this to that chat at 4pm yesterday. He heard us. 

Sorry for your loss Jamie, and sad that Onyx or any other long suffering Bengals fan that wasn`t able to be here to enjoy it, but great you can keep his memory going, and he probably had the best seat in the house.  And we might need a few more prayers so keep up the good work.😇

22 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Sorry for your loss Jamie, and sad that Onyx or any other long suffering Bengals fan that wasn`t able to be here to enjoy it, but great you can keep his memory going, and he probably had the best seat in the house.  And we might need a few more prayers so keep up the good work.😇

When he left us one of the last things he said to me was that he wasn't gonna get to see Burrow play.

Naw he saw last night 

GOOD

Playoff Win-I have been a Bengals fan for 39 yards and they hadn't won in 31 years. It's about fucking time!

Joe Burrow-24 for 34 for 244 yards and 2 TDs. This is an entirely different team since he's joined. He may have the ability to actually transform the franchise.

Ja'Marr Chase-After a drop to start the game, he was dynamite. 9 catches for 116 yards and some key runs.

Offensive Line-I beat these guys up all the time but, from a pass protection stand point, they did a very good job against an excellent defensive line

Logan Wilson-Solid game. Hopefully he continues to develop. It's been a long time since we've had a game changing LB.

Germaine Pratt-6 solo tackles, a tackle for a loss and the game clinching INT

Jessie Bates-Finally showed up and made a difference. They needed him and he responded.

Trey Hendrickson-The strip sack was a thing of beauty. Really set the tone. I hope he's OK

BJ Hill-Great job of stepping in and picked up a sack

Sam Hubbard-Timely sack and gritty play all day
Evan McPherson-Guy is a machine. 4 for 4. What an upgrade. I wonder who still thinks drafting a PK was a mistake?

CJ Uzomah-6 grabs for 64 yards and the opening TD. 

Mike Hilton-Such a big upgrade in the offseason who often goes unnoticed. Renfrow was very quiet. 

Eli Apple-He allowed the TD at the end of the half but he was all over the receiver and damn near punched the ball out. Overall a good game. He's turned into a gotta sign for me this offseason

BAD

Joe Mixon-The line didn't help at all but he was not good. Less than 3 yards per carry.

Red Zone Offense-After two huge defensive stands including a turnover the Bengals missed the opportunity to knock the Raiders out early managing only two FGs

Run Defense-Jacobs gashed them for 6.4 YPC.

Tee Higgins/Tyler Boyd's Involvement-They need to be a much bigger part of the offensive game plan.

UGLY

Injuries-Ogunjobi looked dejected after he was hurt and carted off. I'm unfortunately not hopeful. Hopefully Hendrickson's concussion is minor.

SEWER BREWER

Kevin Huber-Normally solid and dependable but that could have been a massive gaffe. No excuse for that.

34 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Good: 

Burrow, Chase, Uzomah, Pass Protection, Boyd, Pratt, Bates, Reader, Hubbard

Bad:

DL injuries, Thought Higgins looked off, Taylor's play calling in the crunch.

Ugly:

Referees, Boomer Esiason.  Fuck 'em both.

I am so happy I didn’t have to listen to Gloomer I mean Boomer.  

• SF2 changed the title to The Good, Bad, Ugly and Akili

The Good:

1. Burrow - on his way to elite status.  In one game did better than Plamer or The Dullard did in theirs. 

2. Chase - his performance today seemed ever more impressive than his long completions in other games

3. LBs

4. McPherson - he's no Shank Graham.

The Bad:

1. Tee Higgins - invisible

2. Joe Mixon

3. 3rd down defense

The Ugly:

1. Kevin Huber - hopefully his last season in Cincinnati

2. Stupid playcalling to keep giving Mixon the ball.  The Raiders coudn't stop the short passes.  Zac Morris still concerns me with his playcalling

3. Refs

7 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Huber only punted twice and one was 57 yds. Does that make it a bad day of punting? Kind of rough to give him an Akili award based on one shanked punt

Yeah, I switch my vote to the refs who made phantom calls in both sides of the ball.  

Archived