The Good, Bad, Ugly and Akili

11 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

just curious has anyone seen or heard from SuperCat?  he found me after enquirer collapsed and we hit a couple boards till we landed on his. 

I was in contact with him weekly until Bengals Jungle suddenly collapsed. I tried in vain to reach him at his phone and email. I have not seen or heard from him since. He had an account here (PaulBrownBengal) but haven't seen a post or a PM in eons. 

He had some health problems but didn't think they were that serious, Hopefully it is not over in that way for him.  

On 1/16/2022 at 7:31 PM, BengalBacker said:

Actually I'm the one who steered you guys from the Jungle, and everyone from The Huddles boards over here. Don't know if anyone remembers.

Yeah, I'll try to start posting again. Just have to stay out of the politics section. I'm allergic to commies. 😂

Same with me and Facists!!😂

On 1/16/2022 at 10:11 AM, Jamie_B said:

Good 

Burrow

Chase - The right pick /debate-over

Hendrickson before he went out, after he left and the D-line had only two DTs left as well, that allowed the Raiders to make a game of it, because before that it wasn't a close game.

McPherson

Jermine Pratt to seal it. 

Jessie Bates - I was listing to the locked on bengals podcast this morning, Bates had something like 4 passes defended all year, tonight he had 3. He keeps that up and he will earn some of that money back.

Oline. This Raiders team of all of the AFC teams was the one that worried me the most because of their pass rushers and our Oline being suspect. But man did they do a good job in this game.

The Sewer Brewer thread is dead

Bad

Officiating, say what you will about that whistle that should have never been whistled to begin with, but that roughing the passer call on Carr was bullshit. Sometimes I feel like these guys feel like they have to give the other team a bad call to make up for missed calls that happened earlier. 

2nd half Red Zone Offense.... too many FGs guys, we have got to punch that in.

Ugly

My ugly cry this morning when I was able to process this.....(my ask in orange)

May be an image of big cat and text that says 'SAT AT 4:00 PM if your up there get us a win SAT AT 7:52 PM God God ......thank you Aa'

My friend Jason Holland aka Onyx on this board passed last year from Covid.  We used to have a Facebook chat with another friend that we would talk about the team and other things all the time. I sent this to that chat at 4pm yesterday. He heard us. 

Little bit of magic to this season. I put this on his grave when I finally got to visit this past summer at the 1 year anniversary of his death. (The White Claw was an inside joke)

Screenshot_20220118-113851_Instagram.jpg

On 1/17/2022 at 12:45 PM, MOC said:

We saw it in the SEZ. Looked like it was pointing right at us for a few seconds and then zoomed off? A good friend of ours had one at the tailgate and took pictures above the stadium from there, it may have been him? I need to do some investigating :7:

On 1/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, Le Tigre said:

We saw it in the stadium too. Yes, very bizarre. 

We simply thought it was something to do with NBC, but they already had that thing on the strings bobbing about. 

https://www.fox19.com/2022/01/19/flyer-drone-seen-bengals-playoff-game-could-be-serious-trouble/

Pretty good article on the drone.  Would not allow me to copy and paste the whole thing but maybe worth a look-see

√ I Am Not a Robot

On 1/18/2022 at 7:38 AM, stryker57 said:

just curious has anyone seen or heard from SuperCat?  he found me after enquirer collapsed and we hit a couple boards till we landed on his. 

I like LT tried to get hold of him too after the Jungle collapsed.

I only ever got one response and that he was done with the board and following the NFL in its entirety.

Health was ok but other family health concerns were there from memory.

Top bloke who was generous with his time and money supporting the discussion boards.

I hope he enjoyed the win last week too.

58 minutes ago, Spotto said:

I hope he enjoyed the win last week too.

I hope so too. i thought he did one hgeck of a job with it, and appreciated he took the time to find some of us after the enquirer board collapsed, then gave us a home for the years after the huddles, i remember the mass banning and i wasnt part of the 1st but ended up banned because i kept bringing up it was BS  that they let a stooler fan/mod come over and start crap then booted us cause we didnt accept it .    

1 hour ago, Spotto said:

I only ever got one response and that he was done with the board and following the NFL in its entirety.

He really took the whole Kapernick and other NFL players kneeling for the National Anthem thing personally. Probably a little too much so, it seemed to really put him over the top there towards the end. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

He really took the whole Kapernick and other NFL players kneeling for the National Anthem thing personally. Probably a little too much so, it seemed to really put him over the top there towards the end. 

Yep, I didn't want to mention that as an Aussie I don't have a great detailed understanding of that sequence of events.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:32 PM, MOC said:

Shark and his teenage son stopped by our tailgate Saturday :steelerssuck:

Thanks for the hospitality MOC...good to see you and Gary (and families)...had a great time at the game but was damn tired to start the week.

It is good to see some of the old Jungle board folks here...Harry...I had forgot about the Boy Named Goo and Tuco...too bad the internet wayback machine can't find some of the old pages to refresh memories of some of the characters.

A good chunk of us at the Jungle were refugees from the Sporting News boards...I think HSH was there, right?

I've thought about hitting BFNY with an email out of the blue in real life...I know where he works in NYC...but figured I'd let him reclaim his anonymity. :) 

Archived