Titans week - AFC Divisional Round

God damn that felt good to type.

Hopefully we can get Henrickson and Ogunjobi back, I was watching locked on bengals podcast last night and after hendrickson went out the line went from 40 something pressure rate to 9 percent. Need both those guy back against this Titans running game.

We also need the O to play better than they did last week and get ahead early so we can take their running game away.

I think we can win this but alot of things are going to have to go right and we are going to have to bring our A game on both sides of the ball, special teams too.

There's been talk of bringing in Geno Atkins but that doesn't sound like it's happening. I wonder if Joseph Ossai might be available? He had a meniscus procedure done earlier in Aug. Don't know what kind of shape he's in. My guess is that they'll grab a couple DL guys from the PS

Ogunjobi clearly done- they will likely announce that when they sign another DT today.

No, Ossai can't come back - he was on the IR before the final 53 so he can't be back.

Geno took to instagram yesterday to make it clear he's happy to be doing the dad thing (I am really happy for him, he deserves this).

This needs to be a fully unleashed Burrow game. 

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

It is really easy to root for this team and the guys on it.

Honestly, that's what I love most about this team.  Don't get me wrong, at face value the success is absolutely awesome by itself, but to do it with the "good guys" we have puts it way over the top for me.  We've mostly had "good guys" over the years, and sometimes to a fault and at the expense of success.  Not having to resort to having egomaniac, me first, a-holes on the team is fabulous.  But I guess some would say the cohesiveness and "team-first attitude" is also what contributes to our success this year.  Guys are young too, so the future is certainly bright...another cherry on top of the best sundae.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Anyone know anything about their D? They got any good pass rushers?

They have 1 more sack in the regular season than we do.

On the other side, Tannehill is second behind Burrow in sacks. 51 and 47. So their OL may not be much better than ours.

I rewatched the game from last year with Tennessee. Burrow was really mobile before that knee injury. Forgot how well he could get out of things. Higgins had nice game and Boyd. Mostly over middle throws. Higgins got deep few times. Different team last year same scheme.

On offense they ran Henry a lot and hit Aj brown few times. I have no clue how we won that game but we did. Joe will be seeing them for second time. Hopefully we have good game plan. They change up coverages zone little man to man. Kind of mix from what I noticed. 

We are on road, so I think tackles will get more help and short passing/run game. 

14 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

might be right. 37 is season high for titans, scored 34 a few times, we CAN outscore them. 

Yep, however doing so against the Bills or Chiefs would be a tall order. Our healthy defense locked KC down it that second half. 

19 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

might be right. 37 is season high for titans, scored 34 a few times, we CAN outscore them. 

Yup. Absolutely we can. Jump out fast and keep pouring it on is the approach that the coaching staff needs to aim for. If we win this toss, don't defer this time. Get it and go. Titans can be scored on. Let Burrow all-time cook. 

Archived