Titans week - AFC Divisional Round

3 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Honestly, that's what I love most about this team.  Don't get me wrong, at face value the success is absolutely awesome by itself, but to do it with the "good guys" we have puts it way over the top for me.  We've mostly had "good guys" over the years, and sometimes to a fault and at the expense of success.  Not having to resort to having egomaniac, me first, a-holes on the team is fabulous.  But I guess some would say the cohesiveness and "team-first attitude" is also what contributes to our success this year.  Guys are young too, so the future is certainly bright...another cherry on top of the best sundae.

Truth. This is why this is one of my favorite Bengals teams all time. Plus, they just seem to be having fun out there, and they’re fun to watch.

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

Daniels and Ogunjobi are officially out for the season.

if we dont get trey back we are fucked,

NFL is a "next man up" game. In addition to possibly moving some guys from the PS, we need rookies Cam Sample and Tyler Shelvin to step up

4 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Honestly, that's what I love most about this team.  Don't get me wrong, at face value the success is absolutely awesome by itself, but to do it with the "good guys" we have puts it way over the top for me.  We've mostly had "good guys" over the years, and sometimes to a fault and at the expense of success.  Not having to resort to having egomaniac, me first, a-holes on the team is fabulous.  But I guess some would say the cohesiveness and "team-first attitude" is also what contributes to our success this year.  Guys are young too, so the future is certainly bright...another cherry on top of the best sundae.

some of the nice guy stuff in the past is a myth. 
Dullton was not a nice guy. . Never took responsibility.  Cried like a fool when he was benched on his birthday. 
His whining is probably what caused the Bears to stupidly tweet “QB1” next to his picture.  
He was full of himself and failed as a result.  He was another me-first player that this team can do without.  If you are going to act like that, you have to back it up.  The Marvin players failed time after time. 

45 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Just realized the Bengals have never won a road playoff game.  Ever.  Another fact that shows how horrible this franchise has been historically. 

And other piece of history for Burrow to reverse. 

Here is a small glimpse of the first try in 1970:

DTSSN presents - Madden : 1970 - AFC Div Playoff - Bengals @ Colts - YouTube

It was a monumental task from the beginning: the first 3rd-year expansion franchise in NFL history at that point to even make the much-smaller sized NFL Playoffs. And going against the best team in the AFC, and playing in their shithole stadium with dirt field in freezing temps and wind. 

Seeing the legendary Howard Fest attempting to block some guy named Bubba Smith, is illustrative of how that day went. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Yep, however doing so against the Bills or Chiefs would be a tall order. Our healthy defense locked KC down it that second half. 

thats a problem for a different week. an AFCC game loss would be about as big a win as this franchise could have expected, and this fanbase here majority predicted a losing record and missing the palyoffs. so if with a bad o-line, what kills us is injuries in the playoffs. we can live with that, draft well, regroup, and enjoy that first round bye in the playoffs next year.

7 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Just realized the Bengals have never won a road playoff game.  Ever.  Another fact that shows how horrible this franchise has been historically. 

And other piece of history for Burrow to reverse. 

You're fun at parties, I can tell...

32 minutes ago, membengal said:

PatternMaster…

Merged...

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Here is a small glimpse of the first try in 1970:

DTSSN presents - Madden : 1970 - AFC Div Playoff - Bengals @ Colts - YouTube

It was a monumental task from the beginning: the first 3rd-year expansion franchise in NFL history at that point to even make the much-smaller sized NFL Playoffs. And going against the best team in the AFC, and playing in their shithole stadium with dirt field in freezing temps and wind. 

Seeing the legendary Howard Fest attempting to block some guy named Bubba Smith, is illustrative of how that day went. 

Is that Fest trying to tie Bubba's shoes as he goes to murder the QB?

This is obviously the biggest game in decades, let's discuss. 

The loss of Ogunjobi is a big one, but we do have quality depth in Hill, Tupou, and Shelvin. I think Hill will get the start and Tupou and Shelvin will provide depth. In order for the Bengals to win, stopping Derrick Henry has to be the top priority and Shelvin will be key in accomplishing that goal. The rookie hasn't played much but now is Jamarr's BFF time to shine.

Our offensive line has to play much better as the Titans have one of the best front four in the NFL. They struggled vs the Raiders; they got no push in the run game and let too many free rushers get to Burrow. Also, the Bengals are playing on the road and crowd noise will be an issue, the Titans fans will be ready after pre-gaming on 2nd Ave, Printer's Alley, and Broadway. 

I think it's going to be a tough game as the Titans have the personality of their head coach, OSU legend Mike Vrabel, a bad ass linebacker that wants to beat you up. The Bengals have to be ready for a physical battle as the Titans are definitely going punch you in the mouth. 

Ultimately, I think the Bengals will win IF they can reasonably protect Burrow and score TD's instead of kicking field goals, unlike what they did last week vs the Raiders. Burrow is better than Tannehill, which is a big advantage for the Bengals...hopefully it's enough to get the victory. 

7 hours ago, tibor75 said:

some of the nice guy stuff in the past is a myth. 
Dullton was not a nice guy. . Never took responsibility.  Cried like a fool when he was benched on his birthday. 
His whining is probably what caused the Bears to stupidly tweet “QB1” next to his picture.  
He was full of himself and failed as a result.  He was another me-first player that this team can do without.  If you are going to act like that, you have to back it up.  The Marvin players failed time after time. 

As for Dalton your exaggerating..

8 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The loss of Ogunjobi is a big one, but we do have quality depth in Hill, Tupou, and Shelvin. I think Hill will get the start and Tupou and Shelvin will provide depth. In order for the Bengals to win, stopping Derrick Henry has to be the top priority and Shelvin will be key in accomplishing that goal. The rookie hasn't played much but now is Jamarr's BFF time to shine.

Our offensive line has to play much better as the Titans have one of the best front four in the NFL. They struggled vs the Raiders; they got no push in the run game and let too many free rushers get to Burrow. Also, the Bengals are playing on the road and crowd noise will be an issue, the Titans fans will be ready after pre-gaming on 2nd Ave, Printer's Alley, and Broadway. 

I think it's going to be a tough game as the Titans have the personality of their head coach, OSU legend Mike Vrabel, a bad ass linebacker that wants to beat you up. The Bengals have to be ready for a physical battle as the Titans are definitely going punch you in the mouth. 

Ultimately, I think the Bengals will win IF they can reasonably protect Burrow and score TD's instead of kicking field goals, unlike what they did last week vs the Raiders. Burrow is better than Tannehill, which is a big advantage for the Bengals...hopefully it's enough to get the victory. 

great synopsis - totally agree with this

9 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Isn't Tupou injured as well?

Archived