PFF Blocking grades from Raiders playoff game.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Jonha had a game against Ngkawe.

Good to see good numbers from Hopkins, he's going to have his work cut out for him this week

ill have to watch again but i think Hopkins was either getting help or giving help most plays, they singled out the tackles going wide leaving the inner 3 to take on the other 2. and when they brought a 5th, it fucking worked.

but youre right either way, he didnt suck, regardless of situation.

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

prince had himself a bad day. of course he had Crosby as his assignment almost every down, but he gave up a sack, a hit, and 5 hurries. 

Not sure that sack was on Prince.  If I remember correctly Crosby stunted to the inside and Adjenii didn't pick him up.  EDIT:  After watching this video I'm not sure.  Looks like a good play by LV.  Neither guy saw it coming.

Otherwise I thought the line did a great job of protecting Burrow.  I saw Crosby getting chipped a bunch, as he should have been.

Watching the game I thought

the Oline held up in protection.

Run blocking was poor..

I suppose that will continue thru playoffs..

Most all of their chances rest on JB.

He knows and probably relishes the idea of taking the game over.( doesnt he allways?)..

Worries about the dline yes..

I believe Hendrickson and Tupou will play .

Titans are a tough coached team but our passing game will derail them in the end..

Whodey?..Nobody..

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Watching the game I thought

the Oline held up in protection.

Run blocking was poor..

I suppose that will continue thru playoffs..

Most all of their chances rest on JB.

He knows and probably relishes the idea of taking the game over.( doesnt he allways?)..

Worries about the dline yes..

I believe Hendrickson and Tupou will play .

Titans are a tough coached team but our passing game will derail them in the end..

Whodey?..Nobody..

yea it makes me nervous, we have a high powered passing attack, and had a solid d-line and pass coverage guys. losing strong pass d-linemen will hurt in coverage, if hendrickson is back that helps like 70%. he and oganjobi were the only two rushers we have that can win 1 on 1. i think we will need at least 1 pass rusher to win. 

i do think we can outscore them, but in a game where its flood gates on both sides, it coems down to a single turnover here or there to win or lose the game. gonna be a tight one i think.

i mean prince makes contact then he goes and sacks the QB, it doesnt appear it was a stunt by design, the RG either forced his guy or his guy forced him way inside and way right,  allowing crosby to just hop inside. i think the sack being accredited to prince is valid here. 

i get it, like if thats the worst play he makes, hell of a day, but its his guy, there was no elaborate scheme, he engaged him, pushed him off, felt he had a him pushing him back turns out it pushed him into a WIDE OPEN lane to the qb..  i agree not a bad play by prince at all, but there is no one else to attribute the sack to, its on him, just due to luck vs skill.

8 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i mean prince makes contact then he goes and sacks the QB, it doesnt appear it was a stunt by design, the RG either forced his guy or his guy forced him way inside and way right,  allowing crosby to just hop inside. i think the sack being accredited to prince is valid here. 

Actually, Prince kind of gets picked by Littleton who was going around Adjenii.  If it were my call I would give half a sack to each player.  Tough play to grade.  It's what makes individual analytics so difficult in football.  Often so much of what happens to a player has to do with what another player has or has not done.

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Actually, Prince kind of gets picked by Littleton who was going around Adjenii.  If it were my call I would give half a sack to each player.  Tough play to grade.  It's what makes individual analytics so difficult in football.  Often so much of what happens to a player has to do with what another player has or has not done.

but also had prince engaged crosby instead of push back, like lock him up like he would normally, he cant bounce around the guard.. its tough for sure.

When I saw the opening for Crosby in stadium, I said "look out!". Then, it seemed like several seconds before Crosby actually got to Burrow. I told Amish "why did he take that sack...he could have ditched it"--it seemed like that long. There were receivers around. And--confirmed by the video--Burrow was looking straight at him when he looped. 

I wasn't down there of course, so who knows the actual speed or recognition of the situation was.  

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

When I saw the opening for Crosby in stadium, I said "look out!". Then, it seemed like several seconds before Crosby actually got to Burrow. I told Amish "why did he take that sack...he could have ditched it"--it seemed like that long. And--confirmed by the video--Burrow was looking straight at him when he looped. 

I wasn't down there of course, so who knows the actual speed or recognition of the situation was.  

i wonder if he thought someone was about to come open then they didnt and he had no where to go.  like you said, hard to say without being in his head.

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

When I saw the opening for Crosby in stadium, I said "look out!". Then, it seemed like several seconds before Crosby actually got to Burrow. I told Amish "why did he take that sack...he could have ditched it"--it seemed like that long. There were receivers around. And--confirmed by the video--Burrow was looking straight at him when he looped. 

I thought it was a case of thinking “how can I absorb this hit without suffering an injury?”

9 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I thought it was a case of thinking “how can I absorb this hit without suffering an injury?”

May have been. It just looked like it took hours to go through. 

Maybe he could have pulled a Neymar or Harry Kane, and just fell down and rolled around even before contact! 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Not sure that sack was on Prince.  If I remember correctly Crosby stunted to the inside and Adjenii didn't pick him up.  EDIT:  After watching this video I'm not sure.  Looks like a good play by LV.  Neither guy saw it coming.

Otherwise I thought the line did a great job of protecting Burrow.  I saw Crosby getting chipped a bunch, as he should have been.

This looks like Prince was expecting help inside which wasn't there. Not sure who's fault that is but it is either a missed assignment by Adiniji who was already blocking, or Prince just didn't stay with his guy. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

This looks like Prince was expecting help inside which wasn't there. Not sure who's fault that is but it is either a missed assignment by Adiniji who was already blocking, or Prince just didn't stay with his guy. 

To me you only have two choices when a stunt happens - either the linemen have some structural method to move around each other or they switch who they're blocking.  The latter is obviously easier and IMO should be the default move, so if I'm some PFF schlub who has no clue of the intricacies or nuances of the Bengals' o-line calls, I'm blaming Adeniji on that for not switching immediately and letting Prince take the other guy.

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

To me you only have two choices when a stunt happens - either the linemen have some structural method to move around each other or they switch who they're blocking.  The latter is obviously easier and IMO should be the default move, so if I'm some PFF schlub who has no clue of the intricacies or nuances of the Bengals' o-line calls, I'm blaming Adeniji on that for not switching immediately and letting Prince take the other guy.

Edit:  To Lost's point, there is another option here that Hopkins could slide and take the inside "stunter" and let Prince and Adeniji double the other guy.  With no visible evidence to suggest that was in the cards I'd still blame Adeniji.

45 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i dont think there was any planned/designed stunt there, the inside guy just got pushed outside and crosby was like well shit ima go this way...   

That's it..

I know Crosby is an elite rusher..

Prince played him as well as he could.

Decent game and all out effort ..

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

i dont think there was any planned/designed stunt there, the inside guy just got pushed outside and crosby was like well shit ima go this way...   

Most likely.  Adjenii lost control of his guy and he definitely picked Prince.  

0643A7D0-E25D-4049-B85B-CC8B92D9BCF3.jpeg

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

At this point are you trying to ex=post facto the PFF grade by convincing yourself of their outcome? Objectively, when you watch that play with no consideration of who said who was to blame, is your first option Prince? Like knowing how PFF went you give a little "Well, if you consider..." But there's no way that way your first choice.

I also find it hard to believe that Hopkins being up there and... helping open the gap... with Spain on a passing play was what he was supposed to be doing. He's supposed to be maintaining the pocket. O-Line 101. He also had that hilarious false start where everyone moved but him. But according to PFF, best lineman in the game where we gave up one sack to "PFF's 2nd rated DE". My foot.

Yes...powerful statement...

Archived