In regard to whistle gate

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

2. The announcers said it was one of those that the league office called them and told them outright it was a good catch and to count it.

I agree that the receiver got his hand under the ball.  My point is that the league office overturning the call MAY have been incorrect because it looked like he may have lost control the ball as he rolled over (looked like a bobble at one point).  It at least deserved a closer look.

Anyone have video of that play, including throughout his roll?

The inadvertent whistle being beyond any dispute is a faulty premise to begin with.

We've all seen incidents where the "play was blown dead" that were garbage.

At the very least, these should be allowed to be challenged or reviewed.

Fortunately, the truly correct outcome was upheld.

We won.......on to Tennessee!

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

I agree that the receiver got his hand under the ball.  My point is that the league office overturning the call MAY have been incorrect because it looked like he may have lost control the ball as he rolled over (looked like a bobble at one point).  It at least deserved a closer look.

Anyone have video of that play, including throughout his roll?

The Raiders are in the riewview mirror.

Right?..

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

3. We were in scoring range, if they forced us to do a do over and we didn't get the TD on what would have been a repeated 3rd down we kick a very makeable FG and are still up by 3 when Carr throws the INT at the end of the game. 

it was 4th down if they would have been down by 3 they would have kicked a tying FG rather the go for it on 4th and 5+yards 

7 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

it was 4th down if they would have been down by 3 they would have kicked a tying FG rather the go for it on 4th and 5+yards 

It was 3rd and 4, if they were forced to redo the down it still would have been 3&4. If they try again and dont get it that's when they kick 3 on 4th down.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/playbyplay/NFL_20220115_LV@CIN/

+10 YD
3 & 4 - CIN 10

(2:00 - 2nd) J.Burrow pass short right to T.Boyd for 10 yards - TOUCHDOWN.

31 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

The Raiders are in the riewview mirror.

Right?..

It’s more of a statement going forward that if the league office overrules a call, they should at least take the time to do a thorough assessment of the play…Right?  

3 hours ago, HOF dan said:

The inadvertent whistle being beyond any dispute is a faulty premise to begin with.

We've all seen incidents where the "play was blown dead" that were garbage.

At the very least, these should be allowed to be challenged or reviewed.

Fortunately, the truly correct outcome was upheld.

We won.......on to Tennessee!

The refs were who we thought they would be!

It's a fine line, let the play go on but throw a flag and risk unnecessary injury; or blow the play dead and risk referee embarrassment but save the players career.

Is happened to us both ways this year, we've whined both ways. 

Is there a resolution?

7 hours ago, Spotto said:

It's a fine line, let the play go on but throw a flag and risk unnecessary injury; or blow the play dead and risk referee embarrassment but save the players career.

Is there a resolution?

Right, that's what surprised me about the early whistle is that they have been letting the close stuff play on. Even the obvious stuff. I think the solution is for the refs to obviously get better and for them to lose the mindset that any of their stupidity will be remedied by review. Accountability to try to get it right the first time and limited extended plays prone to injury.

18 hours ago, stryker57 said:

That's assuming the rest of the game plays out the same way. If we only made 3 instead of 7, I am 100% certain the game would have played out differently.

16 hours ago, Spotto said:

Is there a resolution?

Nothings perfect.lets liive with it..

Archived