Central Ohio fans (or fans in other cities might try this, too)

To the Central Ohio fans: I have found a way to access the Cincinnati Enquirer without having to subscribe. If you have a Columbus library card, you can log into their website, select “E-Content”, then scroll down until see a link for “US News Stream “. Once you click on that, you have to log in with your library card number and pin (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) and then search for the Cincinnati Enquirer. Once you find it, click on “Go to Publication Page”. I only went back 3 days but it had all the sports stories and Doc’s columns. 

Also, you can access the Columbus Dispatch through the Press Reader link on the E-Content page. 

I don’t know if other cities’ libraries offer this service, but it may be worth poking around your library website.

17 hours ago, Shebengal said:

To the Central Ohio fans: I have found a way to access the Cincinnati Enquirer without having to subscribe. If you have a Columbus library card, you can log into their website, select “E-Content”, then scroll down until see a link for “US News Stream “. Once you click on that, you have to log in with your library card number and pin (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) and then search for the Cincinnati Enquirer. Once you find it, click on “Go to Publication Page”. I only went back 3 days but it had all the sports stories and Doc’s columns. 

Also, you can access the Columbus Dispatch through the Press Reader link on the E-Content page. 

I don’t know if other cities’ libraries offer this service, but it may be worth poking around your library website.

What is a "library card"? Never heard of such thing

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What is a "library card"? Never heard of such thing

It’s a card that lets you check stuff out of your library, Or nowadays lets you check out and access e-content also. They’re free and I think some libraries, you can request one online.

1 minute ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I may have been sarcastic lol

Ok. So my sarcasm meter is off. But seriously, you don’t want me to get started on the importance of libraries because I could talk or post about that all day. 😊📚💳

Just now, Shebengal said:

Ok. So my sarcasm meter is off. But seriously, you don’t want me to get started on the importance of libraries because I could talk or post about that all day. 😊📚💳

I was thinking how many young people have never seen a library. In our City, we have closed a lot of libraries due to lack of use. As a lad, we spent a lot of time in the local library - no computers or internet at that time. 

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I was thinking how many young people have never seen a library. In our City, we have closed a lot of libraries due to lack of use. As a lad, we spent a lot of time in the local library - no computers or internet at that time. 

That is so sad. My library has saved me a fortune in books that I don’t have to buy. I’m fortunate to have a great library system in Columbus, and my branch is within walking distance.

Archived