One More Time - From Saturday

38 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I have to admit that over the decades you've actually managed to enkindle... Not fondness. Familiarity. Like how the smell of offal from your hometown's meat processing plant comes to remind you of simpler times and a girl you kissed down by the river on a cold winter's night. Much like regular bowel movements, I don't enjoy you per se, but I do notice your absence and don't feel like things are quite right without you.

I think there's an 80's power ballad in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I have to admit that over the decades you've actually managed to enkindle... Not fondness. Familiarity. Like how the smell of offal from your hometown's meat processing plant comes to remind you of simpler times and a girl you kissed down by the river on a cold winter's night. Much like regular bowel movements, I don't enjoy you per se, but I do notice your absence and don't feel like things are quite right without you.

One of the nicest things anybody has said about me.  🥲

Watching that video made me think of something else.  The feeling at the end of this Bengals game reminded me of 2002.  Not Bengals (that was a horrible 2-14 Leblows year), but the 2002 Ohio State season.  Back then, OSU hadn't done much in over a decade.  They had 4 chances to win a NC in the 1990s but choked every year - 3 times to UM, once to MSU (coached by Saban).  So when they entered the 2002 UM game unbeaten there was a nervous feeling during the whole game - are they going to blow it?

I was at that game and on the final play, UM had the ball at 25-30 yard line.  One final play to win it.  When the play started, I couldn't watch.  I looked at something else on the field and waited for the cheers or the wails/groans.  I got cheers.

This past Saturday when Carr went back to pass, I also had to look away.  I waited for the screams or the cries and I got the former.  I saw a mass of people near the goalline and had no idea what happened.  I remember when Burrow took the kneeldown at the 4 yard line, I was confused.  I thought the LOS was at the 10.  Only later did I realize there was an INT.  I still was confused why the ball wasn't thrown into the end-zone.  I guess I'm still confused with that --- as are Raiders fans.

4 hours ago, Shebengal said:

True. Can’t we all just get along? For crying 😢 out loud, we’ve just watched our team win a playoff game! 😁

Lol..

When you have many emotional intellects of football and specifically their team you'll have conflicts..

This is the results.

I have a dark sense of humor so it bothers me none.

Other's sensitivities are more than mine.

7 hours ago, membengal said:

It takes work to put up the twitter updates like that. Not everyone can be by a computer to see them as they happen. But, it's cool, don't want to be fucking up the board. It's done. 

So Amish called you a bot or something?

Pffftt...

Ask me what happened to me to make me decide to resign as an admin and abandon the board.

Fuck it man, life's too short to let someone ruin your enjoyment of something that is honestly not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Amish is a good dude, you're a good dude, shake hands and enjoy the playoffs here where you belong.

34 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

So Amish called you a bot or something?

Pffftt...

Ask me what happened to me to make me decide to resign as an admin and abandon the board.

Fuck it man, life's too short to let someone ruin your enjoyment of something that is honestly not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Amish is a good dude, you're a good dude, shake hands and enjoy the playoffs here where you belong.

Yeah.  Look at all the negativity ol Tibor has gotten...

Check out the dates....

tibor75's Warnings

1. Trolling

Stop being asshole.
    • Acknowledged
    • Warned by Montana Bengal, August 27, 2020
  2. Trolling

Stop being a dick.  I am tired of reading all you bullshit
    • Acknowledged
    • Warned by Montana Bengal, March 21, 2020
  3. Warning

your just a dick about everything
    • Acknowledged
    • Warned by GoBengals, June 7, 2005 Points no longer active
  4. Warning

• Acknowledged
    • Warned by Jamie_B, June 2, 2005 Points no longer active

25 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Check out the dates....

tibor75's Warnings

1. Trolling

Stop being asshole.
    • Acknowledged
  2. Trolling

• Acknowledged
  3. Warning

• Acknowledged
  4. Warning

• Acknowledged

Im probably in there somewhere at that time.. 😎

27 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Check out the dates....

tibor75's Warnings

1. Trolling

Stop being asshole.
    • Acknowledged
  2. Trolling

• Acknowledged
  3. Warning

• Acknowledged
  4. Warning

• Acknowledged

I fucking hated you on the Huddles board. On here, you're just irritating, but familiarity makes you mostly just amusing.

😉

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Tibor is like a Terrier. You have to smack his bottom every once in a while and remind him who's in charge or he starts to think he owns the place. Part of the game is to see how close up he can push the line without going over it.

At some point you realize:
     A ) It's a persona. In which case, given infinite possibilities, this is what he chose.
     B ) It's genuine, and he really is this miserable.

Either option isn't the most flattering. But given all of that, he has been the hemorrhoid on the stinky rectum of Bengal's boards for two plus decades and has shown why they don't sell small tubes of Preparation H. You have to admire his staying power and willingness to be despised on an almost Clintonesque level without giving up or taking it too personal. I've always admired his sharp wit even as I question the wisdom of how he chooses to use it. Imagine going to a party where everyone hates you. Now imagine not only staying for 20 years, but following the party from house to house as well. Hearing the neighbor's stereo and dropping by real quick to piss on their cat before heading back.

😂🤣😂

7 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

I fucking hated you on the Huddles board. On here, you're just irritating, but familiarity makes you mostly just amusing.

😉

Once you figure out his shtick it’s amusing, IMO. The overly critical stuff is what makes me laugh.  You can’t take that seriously.  Why would you take that seriously?  “Andy Dullton”.  So immature it’s funny. He is a provocateur if you let him.  Others on here play the same game but without the self awareness. 

8 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

😉

Hah…the Huddles boards! 

The ones where Stealers ran the place and tossed out anyone who objected? 

Some great stories from that place. 

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Once you figure out his shtick it’s amusing, IMO. The overly critical stuff is what makes me laugh.  You can’t take that seriously.  Why would you take that seriously?  “Andy Dullton”.  So immature it’s funny. He is a provocateur if you let him.  Others on here play the same game but without the self awareness. 

Meet this alleged Robespierre in person, and all of the stereotypes disappear. Fantastic person. 

Would reckon that to be the case with most everyone here. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Hah…the Huddles boards! 

Ugh. Hated that place. I remember a mass banning when someone called the mod "ibleedmonthly". 😆

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Hah…the Huddles boards! 

I remember one of them being really stealer friendly. We used to have some stealer fans stop by on here, but on that board, most of the members with the highest post counts were stealers fans. Quite sad really.

3 hours ago, Cat said:

Ugh. Hated that place. I remember a mass banning when someone called the mod "ibleedmonthly". 😆

Ah yes, IbleedBlackandGold 

Was one of the oddest souls over there. Since she was on the erstwhile "board of directors" of the site, she had the right to police the individual team boards and make "recommendations". Trouble was, she allowed all of her other Stealer friends there to come along with her. But, go back to her board, and it was instant toss. Not a bad person actually, but wildly inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

I remember one of them being really stealer friendly. We used to have some stealer fans stop by on here, but on that board, most of the members with the highest post counts were stealers fans. Quite sad really.

All things considered, there really were only two teams' fans who posted regularly there--the Bengals (by far the largest group) and the Stealers. The administrator was a Saints fan--and totally disconnected from what was going on--and the other up and ups were a sparse congregation of Bears and Chiefs people.  

Archived