14 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals won't need to draft any O-linemen this year. We should have our starters after free agency and we still have a bunch of younger guys on hand. Use the draft picks at other positions.

I would look to draft OL every year. You literally cannot have enough of them. And with our success rate in drafting them we may have to pick more to get to the number of good ones we need. And looking ahead, once we re-sign say JB, Chase, Higgins, Wilson and Hendrikson we will need to have a lot of younger draft picks playing. 

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

FWIW... Another mock, another thought...

The Sports Drop (who?)

https://thesportsdrop.com/nfl-mock-draft-2022/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_campaign=HW_EDSFY_NFL_Mock_Draft_2022_4.0_R3_1&utm_medium=HOMEPAGE_US|c&tsd=gallery-tude

Pick 4 Jets OT Evan Neal Alabama

Pick 5 Giants OT Ikem Ekwonu NC State

Pick 6 Panthers OT Charles Cross Mississippi State

Pick 7 C Giants Tyler Linderbaum Iowa

Pick 19 Eagles OT Kenyon Green Texas A&M

Pick 26 Titans OT Daniel Faalene Minnesota

Pick 29 Dolphins OT Bernhard Raimann Central Michigan

Pick 30 Chiefs OG Zion Johnson Boston College

Pick 31 Bengals OT Nicholas Petit-Frere Ohio State

Dunno.  Just throwing it ut there for gits and shiggles.

A run of 8 OL before out pick.

I'm thinking not likely but I don't think I've seen Petit-Frere's name linked

to the Bengals.  If those eight guy go before the Bengals pick, I would trade down.

Jags big decision should be a rusher or protector...

Rusher.......Hutchinson

Protector....Neal..

DT prospect Jordan Davis posts stunning 4.78 40-yard dash at 341 pounds on  Day 3 of NFL Combine

Not gonna lie, watching that Jordan Davis 40 yard dash has my 'Dancing Bear' proclivities tingling (veterans of the site will know what I mean). 

If the Bengals can sign an OT / C and G in Free Agency, then I think it opens them up to take a player like Davis at 31.

Davis next to Reader ... The Great Wall of Fuck No.

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

DT prospect Jordan Davis posts stunning 4.78 40-yard dash at 341 pounds on  Day 3 of NFL Combine

Not gonna lie, watching that Jordan Davis 40 yard dash has my 'Dancing Bear' proclivities tingling (veterans of the site will know what I mean). 

If the Bengals can sign an OT / C and G in Free Agency, then I think it opens them up to take a player like Davis at 31.

Davis next to Reader ... The Great Wall of Fuck No.

Alot of players are fast, alot of players aren't good players :(

10 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Alot of players are fast, alot of players aren't good players :(

but alot of players are not 341 pounds and can do a back flip. 

Football is a game of size and speed. When you have both in one body you have to take notice. 

Locked on Bengals guys said the rumors during combine week was that the Bengals are leaning towards going defense with their first pick.

If they address the Oline in FA, I'd be fine with that. And you're really open to whatever BPA dictates at that point.

Malik said same last week.

Makes sense. The last three years they have gone offense in first and second round. That's six straight picks.

Defense will need some infusion of youth and young talent from top of draft at some point.

Only works though if they really do address o-line in free agency. 

23 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I would look to draft OL every year. You literally cannot have enough of them. And with our success rate in drafting them we may have to pick more to get to the number of good ones we need. And looking ahead, once we re-sign say JB, Chase, Higgins, Wilson and Hendrikson we will need to have a lot of younger draft picks playing. 

Where do you put them all? We usually only carry 9 on the 53 man regular roster. The team thought Adeniji and Prince were the best options to start in the Super Bowl. Do you want to cut them or Smith?  Our problem is we have depth guys, we lack quality among the starters. Sign some vets who are good linemen and hope for development from the youngsters we already have. Use the draft at other positions for 2022.

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Where do you put them all? We usually only carry 9 on the 53 man regular roster. The team thought Adeniji and Prince were the best options to start in the Super Bowl. Do you want to cut them or Smith?  Our problem is we have depth guys, we lack quality among the starters. Sign some vets who are good linemen and hope for development from the youngsters we already have. Use the draft at other positions for 2022.

Right now we have what 5 spots that are not NFL quality? When we drafted 3 last year old Hobs was asking how we would be able to get them on the roster. Well, if the depth is garbage then there is room. If the depth is good then you create competition and you can then let older guys go to FA or trade.  Later picks can go on the PS and the hit rate is less than 50% anyway so I say there will be room. You just cant have enough quality OL and DL. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Williams-Spain-Bozeman-Zion-Reiff

Adenijji-Carman-Hill-Smith-Prince

Cut FredJohnson and add a OT in later rounds.

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Locked on Bengals guys said the rumors during combine week was that the Bengals are leaning towards going defense with their first pick.

If they address the Oline in FA, I'd be fine with that. And you're really open to whatever BPA dictates at that point.

Edge rusher perhaps?

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Edge rusher perhaps?

I really think it's BPA as they have guys at every level that might become too expensive to resign.

CB? Cheeto is on year 2 of a 3 year deal. Apple is a UFA. They are going to likely cut Waynes. 

S? Both safeties are UFA next year 

LB? Can we afford to keep Wilson, Pratt and Davis-Gather?

DE? You got Hendrikson and Hubbard and Ossai, but after that it gets thin, and we really don't know what we have in Ossai.

DT? Reader and Shelvin, Tupou is UFA and likely gone, Ogunjob and Hill are also both UFAs. I hope we can keep at least one of them.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Williams-Spain-Bozeman-Zion-Reiff

Adenijji-Carman-Hill-Smith-Prince

Cut FredJohnson and add a OT in later rounds.

Under that plan, you're using 10 roster spots for the O-line and our first round pick. Also re-signing Spain and Reiff. 

While it would leave money for JC Jackson or Ogunjobi, it's not a good plan for protecting Burrow. And if Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green are picked before 31, we're screwed.

38 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Under that plan, you're using 10 roster spots for the O-line and our first round pick. Also re-signing Spain and Reiff. 

While it would leave money for JC Jackson or Ogunjobi, it's not a good plan for protecting Burrow. And if Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green are picked before 31, we're screwed.

Its tough trying to upgrade from center to RT..

Maybe sign Jenson or Bozeman along with RT Moses..draft a guard in round 2 or 3....

I Cant seem to fit 3 players in those spots effectively or efficiently...

They arent signing 3 FA linemen ..

Archived