Just now, Jamie_B said:

The priority is getting the best players. I want to address oline as well and I think we do, but I'm not just throwing any old linemen in front of Joe either.

I agree about getting the right players.  That is why I'm not mentioning anyone specific.  I really don't know.  Are they healthy?  Do they fit the scheme?  Is the money right?  That's why Tobin and staff gets paid.  Granted, I'm gonna bitch if he gets it wrong, but that's what we do as fans, right?  🤣  To me the priority is to rebuild the OL.  That's it.  Yes, other players need to be signed, but the priority should be the OL. 

Just now, UncleEarl said:

I agree about getting the right players.  That is why I'm not mentioning anyone specific.  I really don't know.  Are they healthy?  Do they fit the scheme?  Is the money right?  That's why Tobin and staff gets paid.  Granted, I'm gonna bitch if he gets it wrong, but that's what we do as fans, right?  🤣  To me the priority is to rebuild the OL.  That's it.  Yes, other players need to be signed, but the priority should be the OL. 

I just don't want us to get so caught up on the Oline that we address it but then end up with deficiencies in other spots that we didn't address. The team needs to be balanced as much as possible.

Would be thrilled to wake up the day after the draft with an OLine of:

OC Ted Karras

LG Zion Johnson

RG Alex Cappa

LT Jonah Williams

RT La'el Collins

Reserves

Trey Hill

D' Ante Smith

Jackson Carman

Hakeem Adeniji

Abraham Lucas / Tyler Smith / Daniel Faalele

On 3/15/2022 at 10:13 AM, sparky151 said:

I wouldn't like that. It would mean using 1st and 2nd round picks on rookie O-linemen. We need to start proven veterans for Burrow's sake and should use our draft picks in other areas. 

Yes.  We do need vets to start the season, but we also need depth.  Injuries happen and they need to think longer term.  Like having someone ready to replace Cappa in the 3rd and 4th years of his deal when Burrow, Tee, Ja'Marr start getting expensive and moneies need to be cut.

47 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Man This Is Some Bullshit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Huh? It was entirely predictable and in fact was predicted by Over the Cap. Bengals both gained and lost 4 qualifying free agents last year. If we'd lost more than we gained or had a big deficit in value, we might have gotten a late pick for Ross. But he didn't do anything for the Gents so we didn't get a pick. 

Considering the influx of quality free agents we are signing, the next couple/few drafts are going to have to look at guys to groom rather than step in and play immediately.  Not that we are not looking for potential starters, but we have the luxury of, say, developmental project players in the mid-late rounds.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Considering the influx of quality free agents we are signing, the next couple/few drafts are going to have to look at guys to groom rather than step in and play immediately.  Not that we are not looking for potential starters, but we have the luxury of, say, developmental project players in the mid-late rounds.

Ya know Harry this is a year in which we really have no idea where theyll go with the draft..

Maybe they'd prefer 2 2nd rounders and additional  pick later foe their 1st rounder..

They could draft an OL 3Tech, Edge. Corner or Garret fuckin Wilson😎 for all we know right now..

Love this free agency spree with them..

Those Blackburn women love to spend..😊

I like signing free agents to fill needs so that draft can become BPA.  

Broschmo did a mock with another dude, and Purdue DE Karlaftus fell out of the first round…to Broschmo’s surprise.  If Bengals have their major needs filled, they might consider it…but may also get some decent offers for trading back.

18 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Maybe they'd prefer 2 2nd rounders and additional  pick later foe their 1st rounder..

My recurring nightmare: Draft Day 1989. Traded out of 27th pick (today's 31st) for extra 2nd, 4th, 10th rounders. Brilliant!

2nd Round Picks:

Eric Ball  RB  (still had Woods and Brooks and Jennings) 5 yrs, Career 586 yds 3 TD's. 

Freddie Childress OG  Never played a down in CIN

4th Round Picks  

Kerry Owens  LB  Never played an NFL down

Rob Woods  OT   Never played a down for the Bengals

10th Round Picks

Cornell Holloway  DB  Never played a down for the Bengals

Bob Jean  QB  Never played in the NFL 

To be fair: the Falcons didn't get much for all of their picks given up either for that 27th pick: 

Shawn Collins  WR 6yrs, Career 1433 yds 5 TD's

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Ya know Harry this is a year in which we really have no idea where theyll go with the draft..

They could draft an OL 3Tech, Edge. Corner or Garret fuckin Wilson😎 for all we know right now..

Love this free agency spree with them..

Those Blackburn women love to spend..😊

Another thing I feel good about is the guys who played little or not at all from the previous drafts

because they were injured or couldn't quite break the lineup.

Ossai looked great until injured.  He's coming back on the Edge.

Shelvin getting a full year or pro training and reps could/should be able to contribute at least as a solid back up.

The Center, Trey Hill, lurks at least as a back up.

Carman... time to make poopie or get off the pot.

So looks like with all the fantastic free agent moves, we got some young guys waiting in the wings, too.

Good situation the Bengals have put themselves in.

Archived