5 hours ago, Griever said:

Bell Hubbard Apple have done well.

Price Prince Jordan not so much..

Not crazy about drafting OSU olinemen at this point.

THE Buckeyes have hired a new oline coach (Justin Frye) to coachup these linemen more than his predecessor.

Good luck to him.

Forewarning to the board

DeVonte Wyatt has been dropped off some GMs boards due to domestic violence reports..

Seems he's had more than a few ..

Wonder if ZT would want a character concern player of his ability?

I for one would pass on him.

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Fair warning to the board

DeVonte West has been dropped ofc some GMs boards due to domestic violence reports..

Seems he's had more than a few ..

Wonder if ZT would want a character concern player of his ability?

I for one would pass on him.

You talking about Wyatt??

Draft trade.

Bengals and Jags..

Bengals trade 1st round for 2 3rds and a 4th..

Bengals trade pick 31  to Jax for pick 65  ( 1st pk 3rd rd )..plus

pick 70 ( 6th pick 3rd rd) ..plus

Pick 106.(1st pk in rd4)..

Value chart is about even..

Few points in favor of Jags.

Jags get another 1st rounder.

Bengals get multiple choices at drafting good players that early..

21 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Draft trade.

Bengals and Jags..

No thanks, the quality really drops off the closer you get to the 3rd round.  I would definitely entertain trading back in the 2nd round, I would go no lower than the 15th pick (hopefully the top 10).

18 hours ago, Griever said:
Zac Taylor said the Bengals always take a longer look at Ohio State guys

Hopefully that applies to the Bearcats this year as well. Since they have better prospects in my view than the Buckeyes do in this draft. I would be happy with the Bengals taking multiple hometown Cincy guys (Pierce, Ford, Beavers, Bryant, Sanders, Cook etc) 

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Draft trade.

Bengals and Jags..

We wont draft till the 3rd?

Hard pass.

9 hours ago, snarkster said:

No thanks, the quality really drops off the closer you get to the 4rd round.  I would definitely entertain trading back in the 2nd round, I would go no lower than the 15th pick (hopefully the top 10).

Same

Bengals Meet With Northern Iowa Wide-Out Isaiah Weston After Impressive Combine Workout

Weston tested like one of the best athletes in this draft class.

CINCINNATI — The Bengals are one of many teams that are interested in Northern Iowa wide receiver Isaiah Weston. 

The 24-year-old met with the team virtually after posting impressive numbers at the NFL Combine. 

Weston has also met with the Packers and Browns according to Justin Melo of The Draft Network. 

At 6-foot-3, 214 pounds, he has the size NFL teams covet at wide receiver. His 40-yard dash was in the 90th percentile among wide receivers. He also posted a 40-inch vertical leap and a 11-foot, 3-inch broad jump. 

Weston is expected to be a day three draft pick. There was a chance he'd go undrafted, but that likely changed after his workout at the NFL combine. 

He finished with 37 receptions for 883 yards and five touchdowns last season. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/bengals-meet-with-northern-iowa-wide-receiver-isaiah-weston

Our coaches and the draft. How they are connected to guys that are out there to be potentially drafted/UDFAs

Liam Coen-Kentucky OC 2021 Rams Assistant QBs coach 2018 WR-Wan'Dale Robinson G-Darian Kinnard C-Luke Fortner  
Jedd Fisch-Arizona HC 2021 Rams Sr Offensive Asst 2018 WR-Stanley Berryhill Jr C-Josh MCCauley DT-Mo Diallo  
Robert Prunty-HC Hampton Cincy w/Taylor QB-Jett Duffey      
Blaker Rolan-OC SIU Cincy w/Taylor OL-Ze'Veryon Furcron WR-Landon Lenoir S/LB-Bryce Notree  
Jordan Hill-Tulsa 2020   RB-Shemari Brooks WR-Josh Johnson G-Chris Paul T-Tyler Smith
Troy Walters-Nebraska OC   WR-Wan'Dale Robinson Xfered to Kentucky TE-Austin Allen C-Cam Jurgens  
James Casey-Houston 2018   QB/Slot-D'Eriq King      
Derek Frazier-Wyoming 2021   C-Keegan Cryder G-Logan Harris T-Alonzo Velazquez T-Luke Goedeke-CMU
Jordan Kovacs-Michigan 2018   LB-Josh Ross S-Brad Hawkins DT-Donovan Jeter  
Chris Partridge DC-Ole Miss Michigan w/Kovacs Edge-Sam Williams DT-Tariqious Tisdale DT-Ryder Anderson Xfer to Indiana LB-Chance Campbell
Al Washington LB-OSU Michigan w/Kovacs Edge-Tyreke Smith DT-Haskell Garrett DT-Antwuan Jackson  

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

One of the most interesting guys on that list

C Keegan Cryder....coached last year by our new OL assistant coach

https://mwwire.com/2022/04/11/2022-nfl-draft-profile-wyoming-c-keegan-cryder/

I like the type of players Wyoming is producing of late..

He may be a good one..

Bryce Notree played LB for SIU. Their OC was an assistant with Taylor in Cincy. Ran a 4.4 according to the Beast at under 200 pounds....no clue where that is from. I can't find it anywhere....but a UDFA

Zeveyon Furcron....also SIU. Listed under 6-0 but a stud OL  

https://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state-pigskin/2021/12/moving-the-chains-with-siu-guard-zeveyon-furcron/

I love seeing these guys make rosters almost as much as CFL players. 

A couple spots where my thinking has changed some as we get closer to the draft, plus a couple other thoughts...

1. Warming up to OL at 31. I was mostly against OL in the first but that is because I didn't want to accept that Jackson Carman may on his way towards busting. I still don't want to accept that but he is a sunk cost at this point so his draft capital doesn't matter. If they don't think he is going to be a reliable starter, then getting a stud Center or LG and really turning the OL from weakness to strength makes a ton of sense. I also like Tyler Linderbaum more after he weighted in at 300+ and had a great pro day with some big time testing numbers.

2. Coming around to idea that Safety is as big a need as CB. Really seems more and more like Bates is going to be elsewhere next year. Plus, teams plays some 3-Safety stuff. And some of the top Safeties could also provide legit depth at CB. If you look beyond this year, this is the team's biggest need over CB. 

3. My crazy idea of prioritizing WR in first 2 rounds feels more crazy now. I do love George Pickens and think he would be a ton of fun to have on the roster. But realism has set in on how big a need DB is both now and in the very near future. Plus, interior OL and DL both are much bigger needs. And they can still get a good WR4 in the 3rd-to-5th round. 

4. Confused why so many rank DE as a real need. The locked on Bengals guys especially seem gung ho to draft a DE. Zac Taylor's recent comments about how much they love Ossai reinforced my opinion that we are actually pretty loaded at DE. Hendrickson, Hubbard, and Ossai are all under through the end of the 2024 season and make a heck of a trio if Ossai is who the team seems to think he is.. Cam Sample and Wyatt Hubert have 3 years left on their contracts too. 

7 hours ago, happyrid said:

A couple spots where my thinking has changed some as we get closer to the draft, plus a couple other thoughts...

1. Warming up to OL at 31. I was mostly against OL in the first but that is because I didn't want to accept that Jackson Carman may on his way towards busting. I still don't want to accept that but he is a sunk cost at this point so his draft capital doesn't matter. If they don't think he is going to be a reliable starter, then getting a stud Center or LG and really turning the OL from weakness to strength makes a ton of sense. I also like Tyler Linderbaum more after he weighted in at 300+ and had a great pro day with some big time testing numbers.

2. Coming around to idea that Safety is as big a need as CB. Really seems more and more like Bates is going to be elsewhere next year. Plus, teams plays some 3-Safety stuff. And some of the top Safeties could also provide legit depth at CB. If you look beyond this year, this is the team's biggest need over CB. 

3. My crazy idea of prioritizing WR in first 2 rounds feels more crazy now. I do love George Pickens and think he would be a ton of fun to have on the roster. But realism has set in on how big a need DB is both now and in the very near future. Plus, interior OL and DL both are much bigger needs. And they can still get a good WR4 in the 3rd-to-5th round. 

4. Confused why so many rank DE as a real need. The locked on Bengals guys especially seem gung ho to draft a DE. Zac Taylor's recent comments about how much they love Ossai reinforced my opinion that we are actually pretty loaded at DE. Hendrickson, Hubbard, and Ossai are all under through the end of the 2024 season and make a heck of a trio if Ossai is who the team seems to think he is.. Cam Sample and Wyatt Hubert have 3 years left on their contracts too. 

My opinion (and we know what that's worth) 🙂

1) I can see the point but I don't think you can keep spending valuable draft capital on the o-line. We signed 3 FAs this year and drafted 3 last year, give it a rest. IF Linderbaum is there (I don't think he will be), I probably won't be too pissed if we take him.

2) I think CB is a bigger need, And as far as 3 safeties, isn't ADG basically a large safety?

3) Definately crazy, please ignore what your your Rice Krispies are telling you.

4) 100% agree. The team needs help at DT not DE (barring injuries).

One thing I've noticed about some of the draft simulators  is the lack of quality DTs and CBs after the first 2 rounds. I have no idea if they reflect any sort of reality but if they do we may need to grab them early. 

10 hours ago, happyrid said:

You can never have enough good guys who either protect our QB or go get thier QB. Assai is still a prospect, has proven nothing (due to injury). We need depth and rotation guys who can be effective and this is a deep DE draft.  Hubert is the same - injured and we have no idea if he is even a valid roster player or just a PS guy. 

I ahve no issue with the #1 pick being an OL or DE if it falls that way

Archived