13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yeah. I'm with ya for sure.

That said... 75% completions for 350 yards under those conditions is absolutely insane.

OL is an afterthought at this point, IMO. Let's worry about it after the SB. 

If there is something we can do about it before the next game, why wait?  Just because we pulled out the win in spite of the OL does not mean that we shouldn’t look to improve the line.  I’ll agree that it’s doubtful that we CAN bring in someone better, but I cannot agree that we shouldn’t try.  

9 minutes ago, Cricket said:

f there is something we can do about it before the next game, why wait?

I think what we see is what we get at this point. That's all I'm saying.

Point is, we win anyways, right?

Crazy, I know. 

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

Big difference in level of competition though, no? 

I would expect the top scouts would account for that in their assesments, but who knows?  My point is the Bengals will reach, and with OL their track record is poor.

The issue with free agent OL is the same it was last year. Good guards will want more than the Bengals will pay. Unless last night changed the Brown family’s opinion of their value. And tackles will likely be old. They can probably still upgrade for the short term, but they need to draft linemen high. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

The issue with free agent OL is the same it was last year. Good guards will want more than the Bengals will pay. Unless last night changed the Brown family’s opinion of their value. And tackles will likely be old. They can probably still upgrade for the short term, but they need to draft linemen high. 

Bengals do have money available for FA and I have to start to wonder if some of the prime FA OL might be okay with even money or even a little less money to come block for Burrow and a chance to win a Super Bowl...

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Best part is we don`t need Trent williams or Joe Thuney guys to upgrade. Just need solid vet players or get lucky in the draft. I couldn`t believe the one play Prince and Adeniji blocked no one and hardly touched anyone as the guy went right between the two of them for the sack. 

29 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Best part is we don`t need Trent williams or Joe Thuney guys to upgrade. Just need solid vet players or get lucky in the draft. I couldn`t believe the one play Prince and Adeniji blocked no one and hardly touched anyone as the guy went right between the two of them for the sack. 

Niether of those guys, Prince and Adeniji, is worth squat.  Must replace.

27 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

This I totally agree with.  Many teams including the Bengals have spent years ignoring good, solid football players in favour of "the sexier pick".  I can't remember how many times in the draft I've seen some very solid, "lives for football" type guys on the DL or OL are sitting there for us in the third round or so, me crossing my fingers, and yet the Bengals instead take some "track meet" guy or athletic freak who ends up out of the league in two years and meanwhile the solid guy is just making plays as a starter for his team for 10+ years.

31 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

While that is true, a stud LT would make things a lot better.  Move Williams to the right side as he's average at best.

17 minutes ago, membengal said:

Here's something they should think about since they are picking no better than 29th now (and 61st). Maybe trade the first or the second for a legit good vet RT or RG...

Agreed, unless some guy they think is a gem falls, all their top capital should be going to the OL in the offseason.  As others have said on here, if they get the job done in FA then maybe the draft won't be as important a tool for this effort.

15 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

While that is true, a stud LT would make things a lot better.  Move Williams to the right side as he's average at best.

I thought Williams needed to move myself but LT probably not as pressing as other areas... But upgrade 2 with 1 signing makes sense but don`t see the mega LT contract coming but hope they hit on the OL in free agency The Chiefs lost a Superbowl last year due to shitty OL play. They turned it around but paid Thuney and got lucky in the draft.

2 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

I thought Williams needed to move myself but LT probably not as pressing as other areas... But upgrade 2 with 1 signing makes sense but don`t see the mega LT contract coming but hope they hit on the OL in free agency The Chiefs lost a Superbowl last year due to shitty OL play. They turned it around but paid Thuney and got lucky in the draft.

Don't forget they traded a first, third, fourth and fifth for Orlando Brown.

9 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Agree that Williams is not as big of an issue as G, C, and RT, but if you can kill two birds with one stone....

Bengals will have plenty of money to spend in free agency. We'll be about 60 mil under the cap after cutting Waynes and before tagging Bates or extending or adding anyone. We could probably re-sign Spain and Rieff for reasonable prices, say 6 mil for Spain and 7 for Rieff. Or we could outbid Jacksonville for Terron Armstead and move Williams to RT. 

I'd re-sign Spain ahead of free agency, add a center like Brian Allen or Ryan Jensen from a cap-strapped team while cutting Hopkins. Then go after either Armstead or maybe Scherff depending on his physical. In other words be willing to spend 30 mil of our cap space on O-line. 

Then use the draft for CB and depth. 

Archived