Don't forget... The draft is just one of three parts of the roster-building exercise.  We have to consider free agency to address immediate needs, and the draft to help with that and for long-term investment.

Cash-wise, we are in great shape.  Tons more cap than the other contenders, and our stars are locked-in for 1-2 seasons.

Screenshot_20220123-163022-101.png

Screenshot_20220123-162925-395.png

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

TBH…not certain why Adeniji keeps getting his number called? XSF—even rusty—simply has to have a bit more going for him? 

Agree.

Adeniji was a shiny new toy who looked good until he wasn't.

XSF will never be confused with Max Montoya but he is an upgrade over iji.

Our OL Cap Numbers are:

$7.125M C Trey Hopkins (Age 30)

$5.610M LT Jonah Williams (25)

$2.750M RT Riley Reiff (34)

$1.693M G Jackson Carman (22)

$0.965M LT Isaiah Prince (25)

$0.950M G D'ante Smith (24)

$0.948M LT Hakeem Adeniji (25)

$0.873M G Trey Hill (22)

UFA OLs with projected Cap Numbers between $4-9M and no older than 31 right now, are:

$9.000M RT-NEP Trenton Brown (28.8)

$8.473M G-NYJ Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (30.9)

$8.380M LT-IND Eric Fisher (31.0)

$7.300M T-CLE Chris Hubbard (30.8)
$6.200M G-NYJ Alex Lewis (29.8)

$5.500M G-SFF Laken Tomlinson (29.9)

$5.400M G-IND Mark Glowinski (29.7)

$5.018M G-JAX A.J. Cann (30.2)

$4.500M T-SEA Brandon Shell (29.9)

$4.250M RT-CHI Germain Ifedi (27.6)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/offensive-line/all/

41 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Our OL Cap Numbers are:

$7.125M C Trey Hopkins (Age 30)

$5.610M LT Jonah Williams (25)

$2.750M RT Riley Reiff (34)

$1.693M G Jackson Carman (22)

$0.965M LT Isaiah Prince (25)

$0.950M G D'ante Smith (24)

$0.948M LT Hakeem Adeniji (25)

$0.873M G Trey Hill (22)

UFA OLs with projected Cap Numbers between $4-9M and no older than 31 right now, are:

$9.000M RT-NEP Trenton Brown (28.8)

$8.473M G-NYJ Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (30.9)

$8.380M LT-IND Eric Fisher (31.0)

$7.300M T-CLE Chris Hubbard (30.8)
$6.200M G-NYJ Alex Lewis (29.8)

$5.500M G-SFF Laken Tomlinson (29.9)

$5.400M G-IND Mark Glowinski (29.7)

$5.018M G-JAX A.J. Cann (30.2)

$4.500M T-SEA Brandon Shell (29.9)

$4.250M RT-CHI Germain Ifedi (27.6)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/offensive-line/all/

Laken Tomlinson..

9 hours ago, membengal said:

Bengals do have money available for FA and I have to start to wonder if some of the prime FA OL might be okay with even money or even a little less money to come block for Burrow and a chance to win a Super Bowl...

Doesn’t matter how much they have if they don’t think a position is worth what a player is asking. I’m not sure that philosophy has changed. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:01 PM, Jamie_B said:

I'll do a backflip if Daniel Jeremiah gets this right....

Daniel Jeremiah 2022 NFL mock draft 1.0: Kenny Pickett, Malik Willis among 3 QBs taken in Round 1

Linderbaum is a beast that could possibly anchor the D for a decade, then sign a tackle in FA.  Might even still sign Reiff if possible.  May just be me, but I'm really not sold on Williams out in space and would consider moving him to guard,  Don't care who they have to pay, but OLine MUST be F'n fixed!  If the go OT in the first round, I'd consider RT Kinncaid out of Kentucky.  Huge, strong and with a real nasty streak.

If CJ walks they'll need a frontline TE (draft or FA).  They might add a WR of opportunity to compete for the back end of the group, but certainly not a priority.  I'd consider a developmental QB somewhere after the 3rd round and RB needs nothing more than an undrafted college FA or two for camp.

I'd be thrilled if they could bring back Ogunjobi & Hill if at all possible.  I Ogunjobi want be re-upped, I'd look at another FA.  Getting Ossai back should strengthen the edge.

I like the young.LB room as it is (especially with ADC back) but if they can find a dynamic sideline-to-sideline playmaker then fine.  They definitely need to shit-can Waynes and find a frontline CB in FA or early in the draft.  If they can re-sign or tag Bates, a starting safety will be needed too.

As far as ST goes, maybe a punter if Huber decides to hang'em up, but I wouldn't expend a pick and I've got a feeling Chrisman still maybe hanging around come camp.

2 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Linderbaum is a beast that could possibly anchor the D for a decade, then sign a tackle in FA.  Might even still sign Reiff if possible.  May just be me, but I'm really not sold on Williams out in space and would consider moving him to guard,  Don't care who they have to pay, but OLine MUST be F'n fixed!  If the go OT in the first round, I'd consider RT Kinncaid out of Kentucky.  Huge, strong and with a real nasty streak.   If they can greatly improve Burrow's protection, the Bengals could open next year as one of the odd-on Super Bowl favorites.

If CJ walks they'll need a frontline TE (draft or FA).  They might add a WR of opportunity to compete for the back end of the group, but certainly not a priority.  I'd consider a developmental QB somewhere after the 3rd round and RB needs nothing more than an undrafted college FA or two for camp. 

I'd be thrilled if they could bring back Ogunjobi & Hill if at all possible.  I Ogunjobi want be re-upped, I'd look at another FA.  Getting Ossai back should strengthen the edge.

I like the young.LB room as it is (especially with ADC back) but if they can find a dynamic sideline-to-sideline playmaker then fine.  They definitely need to shit-can Waynes and find a frontline CB in FA or early in the draft.  If they can re-sign or tag Bates, a starting safety will be needed too.

As far as ST goes, maybe a punter if Huber decides to hang'em up, but I wouldn't expend a pick and I've got a feeling Chrisman still maybe hanging around come camp.

7 hours ago, snarkster said:

Our Top UFAs, by salary (>= $1.0M)

$7.500M LT Riley Reiff (33.1 y/o)

$6.200M DT Larry Ogunjobi (27.6)

$6.100M TE CJ Uzomah (29.0)

$2.133M DT Josh Tupou (27.7)

$2.000M CB Vernon Hargreaves (26.6)

$1.638M P Kevin Huber (36.5)
$1.500M QB Brandon Allen (29.3)

$1.490M FS Ricardo Allen (30.1)

$1.237M S Jessie Bates (24.8)

$1.213M LS Clark Harris (27.5)

$1.200M CB Eli Apple (26.4)

$1.128M OLB Jordan Evans (26.9)
$1.128M G Quinton Spain (30.4)
$1.015M WR Mike Thomas (27.4)
$1.012M DT BJ Hill (26.8)

Three expensive guys.

Linky: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cincinnati-bengals//

The team will try to re-sign Uzomah, likely with a slight raise. He's not highly regarded by PFF so I doubt there is a lot of competition to get him. 

IMO we should go after C Brian Allen of the Rams. He's coming off his rookie deal and PFF has him as the 5th best C in the league in 2022. Rams have big cap problems so I doubt they can afford the $10 mil or so he's earned. But the Bengals can easily afford to add him and let Hopkins go. That would be a major upgrade for only about $4 million net. We could also afford to get in a bidding war with Jacksonville for Terron Armstead. Saints can't afford him but we can with Jonah moving to RT. We should also re-sign Spain. He'll likely cost 6-7 mil per year. 

Just now, sparky151 said:

The team will try to re-sign Uzomah, likely with a slight raise. He's not highly regarded by PFF so I doubt there is a lot of competition to get him. 

IMO we should go after C Brian Allen of the Rams. He's coming off his rookie deal and PFF has him as the 5th best C in the league in 2022. Rams have big cap problems so I doubt they can afford the $10 mil or so he's earned. But the Bengals can easily afford to add him and let Hopkins go. That would be a major upgrade for only about $4 million net. We could also afford to get in a bidding war with Jacksonville for Terron Armstead. Saints can't afford him but we can with Jonah moving to RT. We should also re-sign Spain. He'll likely cost 6-7 mil per year. 

Allen is my #1 target

19 hours ago, bengals7833 said:

This team doesn’t need top dollar free agent signings. They need 2-3 Kevin zeitler type free agent signings.  Good, solid above average players.  That with either a 1st or 2nd round oline pick  

Seems Kevin Zeiter was a top dollar guard..

FAs dont come cheap unless your looking medoicrity...

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Allen is my #1 target

Hes one of the Rams priorities as well..

Theyre in a pinch but If Whit retires thet should have the money for Allen..

Seems the Rams are all in for this season cap wise but will leave the team lagging bigtime next year..

So many huge contracts thet have now..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Hes one of the Rams priorities as well..

Theyre in a pinch but If Whit retires thet should have the money for Allen..

Seems the Rams are all in for this season cap wise but will leave the team lagging bigtime next year..

So many huge contracts thet have now..

I suspect alot of the guys we want now won't be available. I try not to get too hype about it till march

6 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

My ideal off-season:

Resign the guys we have to on D.

Resign TJ if the price is right. If not, target a mid tier TE.

Sign a veteran Center. Doesn't have to be best available, but get a guy who knows the position and can play.

Sign a RT. Hopefully with some promise to swing to LT. Best we can get.

Draft: RT, C, TE, G/C, BPA

You have a RT to groom for the future, and backup at both T positions.

A round 2 Center starts Burrow with that "Jeff Saturday" to his Peyton Manning. Joe can make the line calls... Shouldn't have to. We should still have our pick of the top centers at this point as well.

TE to start filling that position. More bodies, more good.

If you need one player, you draft two. Pickup another G/C who can be insurance at Center and competition at Guard.

Good points..

Keep defense intact ..

Hill will be more expensive than Larry O but his play at not only rushing but filling a hole on tackles..

O not so good on run plays..

Keep Hill...

Good position at backer for now with Wilson Pratt and hopefully Gaithers

Dbackfield has been a strength all year.

Bates and Apple need remained unless they overprice themselves in a fair market..

Signing FA Olinemen is huge but fitting the present pieces in place should be their priority...

53 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I sort of suspect the Bengals will move Carman to RT and proclaim the position fixed. 

It's the cheapest solution and would fit right in with past Bengals modus operandi.

I would have suspected that too had Carman came in and took the RG spot right away and balled out, he didn't, so I don't think that happens. Maybe long term, but not next year.

Archived