Titans temperature check

Temperature Check  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do we win on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How Confident are you in your answer?

• 90-100%
    • 80-89%
    • 70-79%
    • 60-69%
    • 50-59%
    • Below 50%

10 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Yeah, like Kansas City is the media capital of the world.

That got me thinking: is location really the alpha/omega for these mega-stars as much anymore?

I mean, Mahomes is going to be in commercials, etc. regardless of where he is. His merchandise will sell whether he is in KC or NYC. If he absolutely must have a “night life” or “social life”, that’s a short plane ride away. 

Burrow too can have anything he wants, wherever he wants, anytime he wants. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

JFC he was joking 

...and it's not even what he said...he never said HE was bored...he said something to the effect that the town is boring so guys are able to concentrate.  I don't see JB as the partying/clubbing type/bigCity guy either.  He's Athens Joe.

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

He probably has heard this and probably doesn't give a rat's ass. This is a new era to him, Chase, Higgins, Mixon, etc. The history doesn't matter. 

My point is that if he knows about, he’ll use that as even more motivation to get that one checked off the list.  

45 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

That got me thinking: is location really the alpha/omega for these mega-stars as much anymore?

I mean, Mahomes is going to be in commercials, etc. regardless of where he is. His merchandise will sell whether he is in KC or NYC. If he absolutely must have a “night life” or “social life”, that’s a short plane ride away. 

Exactly.  If he wins a Super Bowl he will get the endorsement dollars. 

As far as Cincinnati being boring?  Yeah, compared to New York, Boston, LA, etc. it is.  But he can live anywhere he wants in the off season, and probably will.  If he's missing going to the clubs during the season (which I seriously doubt) he'll never amount to much anyway.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

That was my point.  You can be a star anywhere today.  It's a really small world now and doesn't seem to be as much about the teams or cities as it is the players themselves. 

25 minutes ago, OU_Stripes said:

As much as it might cramp on our instinctive desire to feel victimized by football, Joe Burrow is clearly going nowhere. He's a Bengal and he will be for a long time.

Let's face it. We have it made in the shade.

I wonder how long its gonna take for folks to get over that?

Seeing “predictions” coming from every squawking head known to man—including local media. 

Running basically 3-1 against a win for the Bengals tomorrow. 

One of my favorite counters to “predictions” is: a broken clock is correct twice a day.

I would love to jam a win up Pete Priscoe’s sorry ass, but you will never hear that he was ever wrong. 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The NFL is so popular and players aren't very visible that location doesn't matter.  Eli Manning beat the GOAT twice in the media capital of the world and I doubt the average person would recognize him and he is better known as the little brother of Peyton Manning who played in fly-over country.

19 minutes ago, Griever said:

28 yesses to 5 no's at the time of this posting. The confidence is infectious! Still can't believe we are seriously playing to get into the conf championship tomorrow.

The path was shorter in 1988, but I can still remember going into Riverfront for the Divisional Playoff against Seattle. It was going to be no shoo-in anyway, and they matched up well against us. I was nervous going in, and it was nerve racking all game long. 

It wasn’t until I was driving home, that it hit me the Bengals were going to the championship game. 

41 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

The NFL is so popular and players aren't very visible that location doesn't matter.  Eli Manning beat the GOAT twice in the media capital of the world and I doubt the average person would recognize him and he is better known as the little brother of Peyton Manning who played in fly-over country.

It really is weird seeing celebrities in person, especially when they're out being casual. They look like any average person. I've spoken to Jeffrey Dean Morgan in a normal conversation, and did not realize it was him until someone pointed it out.

10 hours ago, Hooky said:

I don't want him to go, but he will. He's already said he's bored here. A big market will pull him in.

Bruh,  They've got control for at least 7 years-4 year contract + 5th year + 2 years of franchise tag.  Sounds like you'll have a little time to wait!!😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Bruh,  They've got control for at least 7 years-4 year contract + 5th year + 2 years of franchise tag.  Sounds like you'll have a little time to wait!!😂😂😂😂

I seriously doubt that's the path the Bengals will take with him..

9 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I seriously doubt that's the path the Bengals will take with him..

Oh, believe me, I agree.  I think there is a Good chance that he gets 10 yrs/500m after next year.  I was just responding to the "couple of years" bullchit!!

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Oh, believe me, I agree.  I think there is a Good chance that he gets 10 yrs/500m after next year.  I was just responding to the "couple of years" bullchit!!

Sure…and Pope Francis will beatify him while he’s still living. 

Does Mahomes count as a Parrish priest? 

I was looking up the stats for the game that Ogunjobi was out, the Packers, and between Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon their running game got 133 yards, and Jones had 7.4 per rush. 

Our O needs to score TDs, none of this FG stuff they did last week, and they need to get ahead by more than one TD not go toe for toe.

They do that, and take Henry out of the game by forcing Tannahill to keep up in a track meet and they win this game.

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I was looking up the stats for the game that Ogunjobi was out, the Packers, and between Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon their running game got 133 yards, and Jones had 7.4 per rush. 

Our O needs to score TDs, none of this FG stuff they did last week, and they need to get ahead by more than one TD not go toe for toe.

They do that, and take Henry out of the game by forcing Tannahill to keep up in a track meet and they win this game.

You're leaving out that Jones had half of his yards on one play. So take away that lapse and they did decent against the run. But you also have to consider that the packers were pass heavy. It was kind of similar to the playoff game. Jacobs had 1 chunk run. And even with all of Rodgers' pass yards. They only gave up 2 TDs. 

So to your point, if Burrow does better in the red zone today and our D keeps the tight red zone D, I like our chances.

Archived