Keeping our enemies close

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

My thought exactly. If not for those two games and nearly 1000 yds passing, Wink would still have a job

I think it was supposed to be a joke. I assumed he wouldn't say something that ridiculous if he was serious.

In the last two games Martindale called plays in the Bengals-Ravens series, the Bengals scored 82 points, passed for over 900 yards, scored 10 TDs.  With Burrow becoming the up-and-coming star in the AFC North, the Ravens need a way to stop him. Martindale (and his mouth) was not it.

wink_martindale_pic_3_002_2c1a0727836747a6d9c45f7723f3ec9e63d75bf9.jpg

Gold Jacket.

8 hours ago, Hooky said:

Stop wrecking the narrative with facts. But seriously, the answer to Tibor's question is the bengals would if there is a spot for him. 

My question is why was Harbaugh not fired? They were coasting to the playoffs even with all the injuries, then lost the last 6. 2 of which, he forfeited OT and lost the games that could've put them in the playoffs. I'm sure they will use injuries as an excuse for Harbaugh. But not for Wink?

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Traditional prelude to getting canned.  Throw a coordinator under the bus.  He’ll be gone next year. 

Absolutely.  Harbaugh will be gone shortly.  The game has passed him by, and the only reason he's not already gone is there's a guaranteed year left on his contract - Bisciotti and GM DeCosta don't want to eat that and are giving him some rope to prove that 2021 was due to injuries, not ineptitude.  With the Browns and Stealers self-destructing, even a mediocre performance next year puts the Ravens in 2nd place and gives them a 50/50 shot at a playoff berth.  So for the $4M sunk cost, and a built-in scapegoat if things go south - why not let Harbaugh playout his contract.

32 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Absolutely.  Harbaugh will be gone shortly.  The game has passed him by, and the only reason he's not already gone is there's a guaranteed year left on his contract - Bisciotti and GM DeCosta don't want to eat that and are giving him some rope to prove that 2021 was due to injuries, not ineptitude.  With the Browns and Stealers self-destructing, even a mediocre performance next year puts the Ravens in 2nd place and gives them a 50/50 shot at a playoff berth.  So for the $4M sunk cost, and a built-in scapegoat if things go south - why not let Harbaugh playout his contract.

Makes sense. Hard to win when you have only one weapon on offense and he keeps getting hurt.  I don’t think the game has passed him by.  He just doesn’t have the horses. 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Makes sense. Hard to win when you have only one weapon on offense and he keeps getting hurt.  I don’t think the game has passed him by.  He just doesn’t have the horses. 

Hairball lost two games late in the season going for two.  When you have Justin Tucker, the most accurate, powerful FG kicker in the history of the universe, you extend the game and play for OT.  Turn just one loss into a win and you make the playoffs.  Turn both and you might be division champs.  Don't and you come in last.

He didn't.

And it wasn't just that.  He did it AFTER doing it and failing once the week before.  If you can't learn from an obvious mistake, then maybe you've let pride get in the way of doing what's best.  And if you refuse to let Tucker even try to win one of those games, that "maybe" starts to look like a "definitely".  At least to me it does.

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-reacts-to-saturdays-tom-brady-news/ar-AAT2Wyw?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz

Marsha Brady retiring?

Wow.  The NFL would lose its two biggest douche quarterback at the end of the season.

You put Brady in the same category as the rapist?  Besides winning what has Brady done?

18 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-reacts-to-saturdays-tom-brady-news/ar-AAT2Wyw?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz

Marsha Brady retiring?

Wow.  The NFL would lose its two biggest douche quarterback at the end of the season.

I would bet that’s some Boomer Esiason shit right there.  

18 hours ago, Hooky said:

Stop wrecking the narrative with facts. But seriously, the answer to Tibor's question is the bengals would if there is a spot for him. 

My question is why was Harbaugh not fired? They were coasting to the playoffs even with all the injuries, then lost the last 6. 2 of which, he forfeited OT and lost the games that could've put them in the playoffs. I'm sure they will use injuries as an excuse for Harbaugh. But not for Wink?

good question, maybe he has one or two more years and the DC offering was to appease fans in the meantime. i dunno, i guess its also tough to fire a coach whos constantly winning, and to fire him a year when the QB was hurt all season wouldnt be cool, but they had to do "something"

7 hours ago, GoBengals said:

good question, maybe he has one or two more years and the DC offering was to appease fans in the meantime. i dunno, i guess its also tough to fire a coach whos constantly winning, and to fire him a year when the QB was hurt all season wouldnt be cool, but they had to do "something"

yep, i guess the discussions about the future with Wink was along the lines of " well either  me or you  have to take the fall for this year. so i guess we agree its going to be you. "  

12 minutes ago, Griever said:

I really REALLY hope Rodgers doesn't go to PIT. Nor do I want to see Wilson there either. I think if Wilson leaves Seattle I can see him fitting in with New Orleans. We'll see...

Unless he was lieing about not wanting to be apart of a rebuild season, we should not see him.

16 minutes ago, RayDoggBengal said:

My take on the shake out:

Wilson to Alt (his wife from the area)

Ryan to Shittburg on a 2 year til we find our new QB deal

Rogers to somewhere warm either south or west.

Alt? You mean Atlanta? Why would he prefer that situation to Seattle? The 'Hawks don't have to trade him. They hold the cards. I'm not so sure he's going anywhere but it is an interesting situation to watch.

I'm thinking he wants something more splashy like Vegas or maybe New Orleans

40 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Alt? You mean Atlanta? Why would he prefer that situation to Seattle? The 'Hawks don't have to trade him. They hold the cards. I'm not so sure he's going anywhere but it is an interesting situation to watch.

I'm thinking he wants something more splashy like Vegas or maybe New Orleans

Yea Atl, New Orleans is a good call.  Vegas I think may be a better move for Rogers.

12 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

He was our DC in 2018. I don’t remember what kind of job he did.

On January 11, 2018, it was announced that Austin had been hired as the defensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bengals. [14] On November 12, 2018, Teryl Austin was relieved of his duties as defensive coordinator after the Bengals defense became the first in NFL history to give up 500+ yards in 3 straight games, against the Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and New Orleans Saints, respectively.

Fired mid season... how bad is that?  I wish him the same success in Pittsburgh.

Possibly heir apparent when Mike Tomlin takes the pipe. (imho)

Archived