Keeping our enemies close

4 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

He was our DC in 2018. I don’t remember what kind of job he did.

'https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2018.htm'

League Defensive Rankings, 2018:

30th Points [16th/25th]

32nd Yards (Total) [18th/29h]

32nd Yards (Passing) [8th/21st]

29th Yards (Rushing) [30th/32nd]

29th Net Yards per Attempt (Passing) [5th/31st]

25th Net Yards per Attempt (Rushing) [22nd/25th]

29th First Downs Allowed [24st/17th]

21st Takeaways [30th/28th]

32nd % of Opp Drives ending in Scores [9st/10th]

32nd Opp Average Drive Possession Time [21st/10th]

[2017 numbers under Paul Guenther and 2019 Under Lou Anarumo shown in brackets for each category]

Austin's year as DC was an abysmal low-point.  We were never good against the run in 2017-19, so his 29th-ranking is in-line with the 30th and 32nd before/after him... ditto his 25th (22nd/25th) result in Yards per Rush Attempt.  But his performance in Points Allowed (30th vs 16th/25th), Passing D (32th Yards vs 18/29, 29th YPA vs 5th/31st), First Downs, Takeaways, were horrid.... and he took a top-10 defense (in terms of Drives ending in scores) and made them league-worst.  Seriously, he was bad here, and it wasn't personnel... Guenther and Anarumo had at least 80% of the same personnel.

1 hour ago, RayDoggBengal said:

My take on the shake out:

Wilson to Alt (his wife from the area)

Ryan to Shittburg on a 2 year til we find our new QB deal

Rogers to somewhere warm either south or west.

While I don't want to see Rodgers in the division, it would be interesting to see him walk into the Clusterfuck that Cleveland has become^h^h^h^h returned to.  At the least, watching the Stadium sponsor (Progressive) go nuts over their star Mayfly getting benched in favor of State Farm Discount-Doublecheck Rodgers would be a fascinating dynamic.  How would competing corporations in the same business space and the same football market deal, or would it cause the Football Team to hemorrhage cash as they cancelled and re-wrote sponsorship contracts?

i think Rodgers to SF makes a LOT of sense... they HAVE to move on from jimmy, it costs nothing to do so, its near rodgers home town, warm, all the weapons he needs, a good defense, they are SB contenders already that are favorites with AROD. 

SF checks every box id imagine.

In another thread I asked about taking Zim back as DC, and general consensus was only if Lou left...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10024695-giants-rumors-bengals-dc-lou-anarumo-to-interview-for-head-coaching-job

Giants Rumors: Bengals DC Lou Anarumo to Interview for Head Coaching Job

Not saying he will get hired for sure... but it's been a crazy season.

5 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

In another thread I asked about taking Zim back as DC, and general consensus was only if Lou left...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10024695-giants-rumors-bengals-dc-lou-anarumo-to-interview-for-head-coaching-job

I would be down with Zimmer, but Taylor seems to have his own contacts, so I doubt it will happen.  Zimmer probably thinks he should get another HC shot as well. 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I would be down with Zimmer, but Taylor seems to have his own contacts, so I doubt it will happen.  Zimmer probably thinks he should get another HC shot as well. 

I would love that - he and Mike Brown have a good relationship from what I remember, and I think his HQ in in northern KY. But Zac may want someone else.

16 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

we prematurely have a draft thread,  why not a Potential OC/DC if the need should arise.

16 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Known for being SUPER gay... Rodgers will fit right in.

49ers have two QBs right now. They've invested an awful lot in Trey Lance. I don't know that they'd want to move heaven and earth to bring in Rodgers who'd likely be no more than a short term fix. I agree that this would definitely be Aaron's first choice

31 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

49ers have two QBs right now. They've invested an awful lot in Trey Lance. I don't know that they'd want to move heaven and earth to bring in Rodgers who'd likely be no more than a short term fix. I agree that this would definitely be Aaron's first choice

I also doubt Kyle Shanahan would want to deal with Rodgers bullshit. 

On 1/23/2022 at 3:28 PM, GoBengals said:

i think Rodgers to SF makes a LOT of sense... they HAVE to move on from jimmy, it costs nothing to do so, its near rodgers home town, warm, all the weapons he needs, a good defense, they are SB contenders already that are favorites with AROD. 

SF checks every box id imagine.

Good call..id expect that to happen..

Question..

Who would entertain the thought of Jimmy G as their starting QB next year?

Archived