Keeping our enemies close

4 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

didnt he just last night come out and say he hasnt made any decision to retire yet? and next day he makes it official.?

I saw one video about it and it's what I suspected - he was annoyed it came out when it did because it overshadowed the playoff games.  He wanted to announce it at this time to avoid that, and likely in this fashion so it was on his own terms.

14 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I saw one video about it and it's what I suspected - he was annoyed it came out when it did because it overshadowed the playoff games.  He wanted to announce it at this time to avoid that, and likely in this fashion so it was on his own terms.

That or maybe Giselle hadn't told him what his answer was supposed to be yet.  :)

On 1/21/2022 at 9:11 PM, GoBengals said:

ravens scoring defense rank

2020: 1st

2019: 3rd

2018: 2nd

2017: 5th

2016: 9th

Yea who would want a DC eh produced a top 10 scoring defense 5 straight years 5 of the last 6?

His overall defense wasn’t that good this year but was single digits for the 6 previous years as far as points allowed goes.  

Guess they needed a scapegoat for Lamar getting figured out. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

His overall defense wasn’t that good this year but was single digits for the 6 previous years as far as points allowed goes.  

Guess they needed a scapegoat for Lamar getting figured out. 

Who are you? Where’s that SaintsFanToo guy? 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Who are you? Where’s that SaintsFanToo guy? 

LOL, I finally figured out how to log into my old yahoo email account so I could reset my password.  I hadn’t had to login for 10 years on my phone. 

1 hour ago, Jungletiger said:

Browns could draft a QB but none of the prospects feel like they have any IT factor to their game..

I see them signing a good vet wideout coupled with drafting Garret Wilson which would elevate their pass offense.

They still have one of the best Olines.....

Theyll be very competitive next year with Mayfield healthy again imo.

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Browns could draft a QB but none of the prospects feel like they have any IT factor to their game..

I see them signing a good vet wideout coupled with drafting Garret Wilson which would elevate their pass offense.

They still have one of the best Olines.....

Theyll be very competitive next year with Mayfield healthy again imo.

Other than QB, Place Kicker and WR, they have a better roster than us.  There is no substitute for a franchise QB in the current version of the NFL. 

1 hour ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Washington Commanders.

Oa0cFQR_d.webp

Commander is a Naval rank, equivalent to a Lt Colonel (O-5) and one step in rank below Captain (Navy) or Colonel (other services) (O-6).

Washington Lieutenant Colonels.  WLC.

Pretty sure I just found their new acronym.  :)

So it’s a little above this?

image.jpeg.813d1d7fbe9467f106565e516ac345b6.jpeg

But a little below this?

image.thumb.jpeg.8a8fcd2d32f0f2fdf144a23e5cebb929.jpeg

2 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Washington Commanders.

Oa0cFQR_d.webp

Commander is a Naval rank, equivalent to a Lt Colonel (O-5) and one step in rank below Captain (Navy) or Colonel (other services) (O-6).

Washington Lieutenant Colonels.  WLC.

Pretty sure I just found their new acronym.  :)

Woah...wait...from what you have shown above, shouldn't my cereal be named "Commander Crunch"?   NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

4 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Woah...wait...from what you have shown above, shouldn't my cereal be named "Commander Crunch"?   NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yup.  "Cap'n" Crunch  been guilty of illegal misappropriation of rank for years, and should have faced consequences under the UCMJ long ago.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/06/20/193875243/hes-an-impostor-the-navy-says-about-capn-crunch

The Navy confirmed what you might be fearing: Cap'n Crunch is a fraud, tricking innocent children since his introduction in 1963. The Navy told Foreign Policy (paywall):

" 'You are correct that Cap'n Crunch appears to be wearing the rank of a U.S. Navy commander,' Lt. Cmdr. Sarah Flaherty, a U.S. Navy spokeswoman, tells Foreign Policy. 'Oddly, our personnel records do not show a "Cap'n Crunch" who currently serves or has served in the Navy.' "

He's an impostor.  

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

So it’s a little above this?

But a little below this?

Yes.

2.5 stripes (McHale) is an O-4, which is a Lt Commander (equivalent to a Major in the other services.).

4 stripes (Binghamton) is an O-6, which is a Captain (equivalent to a Colonel in the other services.).

58 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Yes.

2.5 stripes (McHale) is an O-4, which is a Lt Commander (equivalent to a Major in the other services.).

4 stripes (Binghamton) is an O-6, which is a Captain (equivalent to a Colonel in the other services.).

Its a huge leap from Commander (full colonel) to Rear Admiral ( 2 star General.

1 star is called a Commodore and they only use the rank during time of war unless its changed..

On 1/25/2022 at 1:31 PM, claptonrocks said:

Good call..id expect that to happen..

Question..

Who would entertain the thought of Jimmy G as their starting QB next year?

pending current scrubbs being gone... vikings? texans?giants? carolina? atl if they move matty? lol tampa?  i dunno. tough one... id guess about 10 teams as a backup... dalton style.

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Its a huge leap from Commander (full colonel) to Rear Admiral ( 2 star General.

1 star is called a Commodore and they only use the rank during time of war unless its changed..

The Navy has Rear Admirals split between upper and lower halves. The lower halves are their equivalent of brigadier generals.

I have a friend who worked for the US DoT as a GS-15. One time he had to go to Aberdeen Proving Ground for something and they had a welcome ceremony for him, as apparently he ranked as a colonel for their protocol office. 

Archived