Keeping our enemies close

Why? He's not even being charged with a crime, let alone convicted of anything. Nobody thinks Jeff Gladney, acquitted by a jury last week, will face suspension. Watson has already served a 17 game paid suspension. Maybe they fine him a few game checks from last year but settling or failing to settle civil suits shouldn't be a basis for punishment apart from any costs associated with the case. 

So the Browns are trading away 3 first round picks, 3rd, and 4th for a QB who has not played football in a year and then they will give him a FULLY GUARANTEED 230 million contract -- all to a player with 22 sexual assault allegations in civil court, because he likes to serially go around and force masseuses' to give him rub and tugs. 

The AFC North just always needs a groping scumbag at QB I guess. 

4 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

this might explain why the Browns have been cutting salaries recently

Hooper, Landry, and Trettor

I wonder if Mayfield to the Texans will be part of the trade....stay tuned

This does suck but our guys are still better!!

Are they done cutting or do you think here will be more? $230 million ain't exactly chump-change.

I actually think that the Browns could regret this move.

1. Watson could still be suspended for a year or any number of games for besmirching the NFL shield. I think Goodell should give him 22 games, 1 for every involuntary rub and tug. But I could likely see something like 4-8 games. 

2. 3 first round picks, a 3rd rder, and 4th rder and a guaranteed 5 year contract for a guy who obviously has some issues with sexual consent and is likely to be a repeat offender in some form. That's a big risk. 

Archived