Keeping our enemies close

55 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Are we done?  I know the Bengals Front Office do not have the "kick the can down the road" philosophy but it sure seems like a lot of AFC teams are still adding pieces and we are standing still.  The salary cap is going to jump the next couple of years I would at least push it to the max. 

Yeah, I keep coming back here to see what the team has done “today”…and am still hoping to see another O-lineman, CB, or SOMETHING signed. 
[Last report, my screen time was up 47%.😎]

…and I realize that what they have done already this free-agency period (and the previous two free-agency periods), has been WAY MORE than what I could have ever expected.  But I’m now addicted…and I want more!

Lets fill EVERY hole and go BPA in the draft.  And while we’re at it, let’s get a long-term contract done with Bates. 

🦗

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

Are we done?  I know the Bengals Front Office do not have the "kick the can down the road" philosophy but it sure seems like a lot of AFC teams are still adding pieces and we are standing still.  The salary cap is going to jump the next couple of years I would at least push it to the max. 

Thinking the same thing.  Wait to see cap casualties, etc down the road before camp starts or even after.  So far, so good... make that GREAT!

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Looks like it's all but official. ......what a wild offseason

Total steal by KC..

They can now get a good young WR 

in the draft, freeup cap space and KEEP UP with the rest of the AFCW in  upgrading..

Miami hasnt recovered from losing out on JB ...

Will say one thing: there is not a receiver in the league with as much 0-90 with the ball in his hands as Hill. Guy was terrifying to watch just run through and by people in a blur--like a ghost. The Bengals did a good job of delaying him a bit, but even they saw his best. 

I'm just glad he's not on KC any longer. 

4 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

His contact is insane 120 for 4 years

This is not good.  There is now practically no way you can have a top 5 QB and a top 5 WR.  Burrow is going to want Watson money and Chase is going to want Hill money.  By then they may want more!  Enjoy them while they're here!

15 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This is not good.  There is now practically no way you can have a top 5 QB and a top 5 WR.  Burrow is going to want Watson money and Chase is going to want Hill money.  By then they may want more!  Enjoy them while they're here!

Lol they MIGHT lose Chase but I guarantee there’s no way in hell that they let Burrow go. 

No. Way. 

4 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

His contact is insane 120 for 4 years

There's no way we can keep Chase and Higgins the way these contracts are exploding.  That sucks.  Now is a time I wish the NFL was like the NBA where you can go over the cap to re-sign guys you drafted.

40 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

There's no way we can keep Chase and Higgins 

Chase is going to get 35 per year ... Burrow 55 per year ... so no way to get Higgins for the 25-30 he will want as well.

Best case is tag Higgins for a year if they can and then when 2nd tag year comes up, trade him. That still gives them 3 more years with Tee though, if you get a tag year. Chase will hit the books in 4 years, after his 5th year option, so it works out. 

Archived