Keeping our enemies close

I actually think Mayfield has a fair point.  The Browns are Clown car of an organization.   They just paid $230mil guaranteed for 5yrs for a guy who quit on his team for an entire year and has a litany of lawsuits pending.  

No doubt Watson is a better player but a little honesty would be nice and considering Baker played hurt last year  when he easily could have sat out is actually a point in his favor.  Meanwhile, a healthy Watson refused to play.  

Mayfield was 10th in QBR in 2020 which is decent and he has had 4 different head coaches and 3 O coordinators in 4 years. 

Also, the mythical resurgence of OBJ is media driven. OBJ actually had more yards per game receiving for Cleveland last year than the Rams. 

57 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I actually think Mayfield has a fair point.  The Browns are Clown car of an organization.   They just paid $230mil guaranteed for 5yrs for a guy who quit on his team for an entire year and has a litany of lawsuits pending.  

No doubt Watson is a better player but a little honesty would be nice and considering Baker played hurt last year  when he easily could have sat out is actually a point in his favor.  Meanwhile, a healthy Watson refused to play.  

Mayfield was 10th in QBR in 2020 which is decent and he has had 4 different head coaches and 3 O coordinators in 4 years. 

Also, the mythical resurgence of OBJ is media driven. OBJ actually had more yards per game receiving for Cleveland last year than the Rams. 

Mayfield to Seattle or Carolina.

Garropolo to Seattle or Carolina

Game of musical chairs isn't over yet..

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

And to boot the Hobo did the pay the whole year with a f*cked up shoulder. 

Clowns look very bad on this whole situation. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And to boot the Hobo did the pay the whole year with a f*cked up shoulder. 

Clowns look very bad on this whole situation. 

How could they look and worse than they have for yrs aside from a playoff spot with the best oline in football?

Theyve gone all in on Watson giving up so many early draft picks and probably have to still cut a few good players to cover his cap number..

Boom or bust...

Definately ballsy..

On 4/15/2022 at 12:14 PM, High School Harry said:

The Indianapolis Colts took another step toward making themselves a sleeper to win the AFC. The team reportedly inked a two-year deal with cornerback Stephon Gilmore, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The question with Gilmore is..

Is he past being a probowler?

I believe he is past that point.

If its a team friendly deal then ok.

Edited..

2yr 23mil..14mll guaranteed.

Too high imo for a soon to be 32yr old ..

Good luck to him him Indy..

18 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

oo1

oo2

Could the Cardinals feel they could be allright with Mayfield and his future contract than pay Murray the 45 to 50mill longterm hes going to ask for?

Mayfield may be a better return..

Then Murray can take his happy ass tio Carolina or Seattle..

If they want Mayfield and his 1 year 18.8 mil contract, they can have him for a 7th rounder. Cleveland just wants to clear his cap space and make sure he doesn't go to Pittsburgh. AZ could then trade Murray for whatever they could get for him, likely at least 1 first plus more stuff.

13 hours ago, sparky151 said:

If they want Mayfield and his 1 year 18.8 mil contract, they can have him for a 7th rounder. Cleveland just wants to clear his cap space and make sure he doesn't go to Pittsburgh. AZ could then trade Murray for whatever they could get for him, likely at least 1 first plus more stuff.

Well, I could see this as a viable option if there were no season ticket holders or actual Cardinals fans.  

I just can’t see Bidwell or any GM doing this unless they had just traded for a Matthew Stafford or better starting QB. Even this move would cause angst among the woke ESPN crowd. I imagine their would be an outcry if they replaced a very popular and pretty good black QB with Baker.  The optics would look horrible.

Russell Wilson or Watson would have been a better choice or Lamar who doesn’t seem in a hurry to sign a contract extension with the Ravens.  

The Rams were able to get rid of a popular Goff since everyone knew Stafford was better and of impeccable character.  

2 hours ago, Griever said:

It appears there are even players saying they don't want to play with Baker

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-robby-anderson-absolutely-does-not-want-baker-mayfield-as-quarterback/

Rare that players would publicly call out another player.  One can only surmise what is being said between players on the down low about Baker.  

6 hours ago, Griever said:

It appears there are even players saying they don't want to play with Baker

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-robby-anderson-absolutely-does-not-want-baker-mayfield-as-quarterback/

Well that's Robby Anderson talk not the whole team but aside from Seattle not much interest in him as a starter..

Maybe Baker starts with the Browns until Watson is on the field .

If Mayfield starts out strong they could trade him then if possible.

22 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Could the Cardinals feel they could be allright with Mayfield and his future contract than pay Murray the 45 to 50mill longterm hes going to ask for?

Mayfield may be a better return..

Then Murray can take his happy ass tio Carolina or Seattle..

I STILL don't completely understand the Murray dust up.

4 hours ago, gupps said:

I STILL don't completely understand the Murray dust up.

1. His agent has made it clear he wants a new contract and has made a list of demands after only 3 years.  The Cardinals refuse to make that mistake.

2. There is a bit of talk about Murray lacking maturity.  Removing all references to the Cardinals from his social media is a good example.   Some will point to him only being 24 but that is kind of ridiculous.  The QBs at this level know what is expected of them day 1. 

3. He struggled at the end of last season which included some injury time.   It wasn’t a good finish. 

4. And the big elephant in the room is that QBs who run a lot just are not that successful long term in the league. The only one I can remember who was is Steve Young.  The 4 QBs in the Conf Championship game were all pocket passers who were mobile in the pocket. Brady won it all last year vs Mahomes.  Josh Allen runs a lot, he is also 6’5” and 240lbs. 

Archived