Keeping our enemies close

The Cleveland Browns just received a serious body blow when it comes to their new quarterback.??? The legal issues Deshaun Watson has been facing for more than a year won't be resolved until at least 2023. That means the issues related to allegations sexual misconduct and assault leveled against him will hang over the franchise for at least another year. 

On Tuesday it was reported that Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing 22 women suing Watson for sexual misconduct and sexual assault, and Rusty Hardin, Watson's defense attorney, haven't been able to agree on a number of issues. That has pushed the proceedings back so much that it would violate an agreed-upon moratorium set to last from August 1, 2022 to March 1, 2023. 

Watson still has a number of depositions remaining and will have at least six in June alone. There's no way to get everything done and start the trials before the August 1 date. That means they'll all begin after March 1, 2023, just after Watson's first season with the Browns ends.

What a freakin' pant load.

The Colts are above us?  They haven’t don’t shit since Manning left, other than destroy the career of a probable hall of fame QB. 

I mean there are a quite a few others that make no sense but the frikkkng Colts are a perennial 7-10 team. 

20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I'm embarrassed for whoever made this ...

IMG_20220519_201415.jpg

the Colts and the Ravens are the most confusing. and KC  i guess

1. Bills i get it, they are great.

2. CHargers, beat us last year and got better. i get it

3. KC - ehhh. got worseand lost to use twice, yikes.

4. Broncos, man living here this team may as well already have a trophy. but wilson has 1 playoff win in like 7 years or something. so i dont see that.

5. Colts - dude what? they got better on D and swapped nearly identical QB's. wild

6. oh wait wtf... i missed the pats, WTF.. how? with who? what?

7. raiders, i get it, they loaded up, whatever.

8. ravens = fucking how? they are barely a 3rd place team in the division.

9. Browns - unreal expectations from watson. 

10 - this has to be a "they cant do it twice" more than thinking all 9 of these teams are better.

this shit is crazy.

I mean, anytime you can spend 230 million guaranteed to have to deal with the fallout from this...

The sitdown with Real Sports is also the first time some of Watson’s accusers will have engaged in a national media interview. Until now the attorney for the 22 women, Tony Buzbee, has handled media requests or arranged press conferences that have detailed statements from some of Watson’s accusers.

Real Sports detailed the upcoming interview in a release on Friday, stating “Several women who have accused Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct sit down for their first ever national TV interview. In the report, they detail the alleged abuse they suffered and share their reactions to Watson’s record-breaking $230 million contract with the Cleveland Browns.”

That piece is expected to air on Tuesday.

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Should have had a pic of Bart Scott..😎

Nah, Joey is the perfect caricature of ‘path. 

Just ask North Coast kids on Halloween if they don’t now always look over their shoulders, checking for an oncoming car should they happen onto someone’s lawn. 

Archived