Keeping our enemies close

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Trevor is full of shit with this list ...

should go 1. Ja'marr, 2. Jefferson, 3. Micah, 4. Herbert, 5. DK - in that order.

* Burrow is 25 so not eligible.

IMG_20220525_063805.jpg

It is just a list, the internet is full of them.

I have made it a point of avoiding all 'lists' and 'rankings'. 

What is that old saying - opinions are like assholes, everyone has one?

13 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Ray Rice may have a different opinion.

Ray Rice beat his wife unconscious in an elevator on camera and  was suspended for 2 games.  He was never re-signed because he was in decline and not worth the press. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:41 PM, High School Harry said:

Or Rae Carruth.

True dat. I guess there are a few out there who don’t care much for guys who try and kill their pregnant girlfriend.  

On 5/25/2022 at 2:06 PM, membengal said:

Florio training his sights on another team for a change...

The Ravens have a unique and largely unprecedented problem. And they have no idea how to solve it. Quarterback Lamar Jackson’s long-term status with the team remains a mystery. He won’t engage the team on a contract, even though the team is ready to give him a major new deal. He insists that he doesn’t want to leave, but he’s not acting like he wants to stay. Four weeks ago, he complained on social media about the team’s decision to trade receiver Hollywood Brown, even though Jackson knew Brown wanted out.

Now, Jackson is skipping OTAs. The Ravens are downplaying it, because they have no choice. They’ll downplay everything Jackson does or doesn’t do — until they become sufficiently exasperated with Jackson to move on from him. Here’s the simple reality. Even though the offseason program is not mandatory, OTAs are football practices that allow teams to install much of their offensive and defensive playbooks for the coming season. There’s value in having key players there, especially the quarterback.

Indeed, if the team’s assessment of Jackson’s contract posture is accurate, it’s all the more reason for Jackson to attend.

“The kid is so obsessed with winning a Super Bowl, that I think deep down, he doesn’t think he’s worthy,” owner Steve Bisciotti said in March. “I think he wants that to say, ‘Now, I deserve to be on top.'” Fine. But to get to the top, he needs to climb. The climb happens now, during OTAs. If Jackson hopes to have a special season, the foundation for special is being laid now. From 2018 through 2021, Jackson attended the OTAs. So why skip them now?

It’s all part of a mystery that the Ravens don’t want or need. And it underscores the existence of very real questions about whether any given year will be his last year with the team.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...inues-to-grow/

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Lamar Jackson

Very risky for a team to drop 300+ million on a glorified WR - who yes can throw (he has unique wrist flick ability and good arm strength, but low accuracy and touch), however he's also only running a simplistic high school offense.

The Lamar gimmick worked at first as NFL players had not seen that kind of offense since most of them played on Friday nights.

But now that riddle has mostly been cracked and Lamar hasn't added the ability to read defenses to find his 2nd or 3rd option.

Yes, he's a transcendent athletic talent (could return punts if needed), but QB is not a position centered on physical agility. Plus his thin angular frame will not hold up to the hits an option QB usually has to take.

I could see Baltimore moving on actually and blaming him for not wanting to do a deal. But really he would be doing them a favor. For my part, I hope he signs a long term deal and they go into cap hell on a one trick pony that has been figured out. 

22 hours ago, SF2 said:

Ray Rice beat his wife unconscious in an elevator on camera and  was suspended for 2 games.  He was never re-signed because he was in decline and not worth the press. 

& only after the video came out, as I recall

Goodell is such a weasel.

7 hours ago, membengal said:

Florio training his sights on another team for a change...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...inues-to-grow/

Yea they are in a tough spot, Lamar is a wild talent, but im not sure he is a talent who can beat great teams, like in the playoffs consistently, so do you throw 300 million at a regular season champ and not be able to afford legit weapons around him for years and years unless you murder draft picks? hope you cn build a early 2000's level ravens defense where he only needs to score 19 points to win?

spanking bad teams and getting sent him early in the postseason is NFL purgatory. 

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Yea they are in a tough spot, Lamar is a wild talent, but im not sure he is a talent who can beat great teams, like in the playoffs consistently, so do you throw 300 million at a regular season champ and not be able to afford legit weapons around him for years and years unless you murder draft picks? hope you cn build a early 2000's level ravens defense where he only needs to score 19 points to win?

spanking bad teams and getting sent him early in the postseason is NFL purgatory. 

i would not want to build a team that way 

but for those that do, 

1 making the playoffs with a reg season champ qb. puts fans in the seats and increases profits. 

2 anything can happen once you are in the playoffs

3, if you let him go the odds of finding a better qb are low. 

again i wouldnt because unless extremely lucky he will get hurt.  i dont question his desire or heart or skills. but the last thing you want is a qb that works best while doing risky things physically. 

The weird part is, fwiw, the Ravens don't want to let him go from all appearances. What is weird is that LJ won't even negotiate with them (and has no agent), AND that he is now not showing up to OTAs (where I am 99.9% sure the Ravens are trying to return to an offense centered on TEs and running game) where important installs are happening - well, like I said, weird. I can tell you that locally here in Baltimore observers are puzzled. Hell, the Ravens are puzzled. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

The weird part is, fwiw, the Ravens don't want to let him go from all appearances. What is weird is that LJ won't even negotiate with them (and has no agent), AND that he is now not showing up to OTAs (where I am 99.9% sure the Ravens are trying to return to an offense centered on TEs and running game) where important installs are happening - well, like I said, weird. I can tell you that locally here in Baltimore observers are puzzled. Hell, the Ravens are puzzled. 

He's noticing the talk too, getting a little chippy here

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

That’s just it: talk. These yammering yahoos do a lot of it. 

Best, I suppose, for Lamar not to engage the hyenas. But his point is not lost. 
image.png.eda1181f0eb5588ca75044815286a7a7.png

Are you seriously defending Lamar Jackson?  His Twitter response reads like it was produced by a 10 year old.  This shouldn’t be a shock since that is probably his reading level. 

Guy reminds me of Jeff George.  Just a tool. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Are you seriously defending Lamar Jackson?  His Twitter response reads like it was produced by a 10 year old.  This shouldn’t be a shock since that is probably his reading level. 

Guy reminds me of Jeff George.  Just a tool. 

Defending? I couldn't give two hoots about this over-hyped one-trick pony. 

Insert any player into the role, and the same advice applies to engaging the blathering squawking media: don't make eye contact...just walk away...don't talk directly. But, as a last resort, a hearty "fuck off" can be made. Or, a bonk on the head

YARN | Naughty grup! Bonk, bonk! | Star Trek (1966) - S01E08 Miri | Video  clips by quotes | c4c13503 | 紗

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Seems they're signing alot of big contracts

The Cleveland Browns are both mortgaging the future and giving a bunch of superficially big back-ended contacts that they never intend to fully pay out (the kind Mike Brown doesn't give on principle).

I see that Lamar Jackson has entered the "referring to myself in third person on twitter" stage of his slow motion public meltdown.

He's about 3 weeks away from a late night DUI dashcam video, where he tells the officer "You straight tripping right now pulling Lamar over, do you know who da fuck I am bra?" ...

Archived