Keeping our enemies close

Cincinnati Sports columnist Paul Daugherty to retire
The award-winning columnist and accomplished author will retire after more than three decades of covering Cincinnati sports. Daugherty, who started with The Enquirer in 1994, began covering Cincinnati sports as a columnist for the Cincinnati Post. His first full season covering the Cincinnati Bengals was when they reached Super Bowl 23, and his final season comes after the Bengals reached Super Bowl 56.

After somewhat of a breakout 2021, the Cleveland Browns decided to reward undrafted running back D'Ernest Johnson with a contract.

Per ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter, "Restricted free-agent running back D’Ernest Johnson reached agreement with the Browns on a one-year deal worth up to $2.433 million, including more than $900,000 in guaranteed money, ..."

Fans reacted to the Browns signing on Saturday.

"Someone needs to trade for this man," one user commented.

"Best RB3 in the league," tweeted a Browns fan.

"D'Ernest Johnson ranked amongst the 5 backs with finished top-12 in YAC, broken tackle rate, and evasion rate," said Corbin Young. "... stud."

"Rather than sign the RFA tender, DEJ & the Browns have agreed to a new deal," reported Jake Ruffin. "The contract is worth the same value as the RFA tender with incentives, will be interesting to see what the base value is."

Adding, "Likely see some extra cap space for the Browns & how tradable the deal is."

"Does this mean Kareem Hunt might get traded?" another user asked.

The 26-year-old recorded 671 scrimmages yards on 119 touches last season. Including three scores on the ground.

Yeah, who gives a rat's rectum but slow Sunday:popcorn:.

38 minutes ago, gupps said:

For the life of me I will never understand why the Browns offered this assclown a contract.

there ya go.

honestly though, they were desperate. They have a good enough roster but Baker is shit. I really hope that dude is suspended all year and the clowns have to play Jacoby Brissett..  good stuff

Carolina Panthers TopCats Welcome NFL's First Trans Cheerleader

Rachel Kiley
Mon, June 6, 2022, 11:23 AM

Carolina Panthers TopCats Welcome Justine Lindsay as the NFL's First Trans Cheerleader

Carolina Panthers TopCats Welcome Justine Lindsay as the NFL's First Trans Cheerleader

A newly hired dancer just became the first openly transgender cheerleader for the NFL.

New lawsuit claims Deshaun Watson secured massages from random strangers “more than a hundred times”

Posted by Mike Florio on June 6, 2022, 1:00 PM EDT

The 24th lawsuit filed against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson opens with general allegations regarding Watson’s alleged habit of securing massages via Instagram. One specific excerpt from the first page of the complaint stands out.

“Defendant Deshaun Watson has a disturbing pattern of conduct,” the complaint contends. “Each of the cases against him is strikingly similar, evidencing a habit or custom: Watson seeks out random strangers on Instagram, as he has done more than a hundred times.”

More than a hundred times. Presumably, there’s evidence to support that claim. Evidence that likely comes from efforts to develop relevant facts in the other cases.

If it’s true that Watson has used social media to secure “more than a hundred” massages from “random strangers,” that’s a dynamic about which the league office clearly should be concerned. Regardless of the specific allegations and defenses in each of the various cases, these circumstances — combined with the recent efforts of attorney Rusty Hardin to normalize the practice of receiving and/or seeking “happy endings” — paint a troubling picture. One that tends to support if not confirm the general notion that Watson combined his immense fame with the relative anonymity of social media to create a system for seeking not legitimate massages but sexual encounters.

It’s a “know it when you see it” situation. Hardin can pick nits and/or quibble over details. It’s becoming increasingly clear that Watson had a well-established habit of seeking out massages from strangers. Now, 24 of those strangers have sued him for the things he said and did during those massage sessions.

The league continues to investigate. To ponder. To weigh the appropriate punishment to recommend, a decision that will spark an independent disciplinary process.

In late March, the Commissioner took paid leave off the table, even though some in the league office believe Watson should be sidelined with pay until the various civil cases are resolved. Based on recent developments (specifically, the two new lawsuits and the comments made on Friday by Hardin), perhaps it’s time for the Commissioner to reconsider his position on leave with pay.

If, as alleged in the latest lawsuit, Watson has used social media to arrange more than 100 massages with “random strangers” and if, as Hardin seems to suggest, Watson’s defense will include the position that there’s nothing wrong with receiving or pursuing sex during a massage, the most prudent course for the NFL could be to place Watson on the Commissioner Exempt list until each of the pending lawsuits are resolved, with formal discipline to happen thereafter.

4 hours ago, membengal said:

I can't imagine, under any circumstances, that Watson isn't suspended for the entire season and possibly even get an open-ended suspension at that. The NFL has had so many black eyes recently, including things that are still going on right now, to simply sweep this situation under the rug. Suspend the brownies too, what a scummy franchise. 

17 hours ago, fluhartz said:

there ya go.

honestly though, they were desperate. They have a good enough roster but Baker is shit. I really hope that dude is suspended all year and the clowns have to play Jacoby Brissett..  good stuff

I'd rather have Brissett, Watson is probably going to drag the franchise down (not that I care really). Here's a clip of Marcellus Wiley talking about Colin Kaepernick on this subject. Start at about 45 seconds and watch for a couple minutes

4 hours ago, gupps said:

I'd rather have Brissett, Watson is probably going to drag the franchise down (not that I care really). Here's a clip of Marcellus Wiley talking about Colin Kaepernick on this subject. Start at about 45 seconds and watch for a couple minutes

makes a ton of sense..  paying a little to make people go away, but that isn't going to be the case for the Browns.

Didn't know that stuff about Kap, him skipping out on scheduled things at churches and stuff, and messing up teams offering him a chance.. he really was just a fuck up.

I always like Marcellus, that dude is smart and funny.. and the man came out of Compton and went to Columbia. 

The part at the end about the flowers was funny.. he got his G, now go away and don't talk about it.. ha ha 

WTF were the Browns thinking? 13th and 107th overall this year, 1st and 3rd in 2023 AND a 1st and 4th in 2024..  Which is right around the time he might possibly be able to appeal his suspension.

The guy was radioactive and they gave up the farm for him.  

Archived