Keeping our enemies close

The Squealers aren't an enemy anymore.  

They are insignificant.

Seriously, I don't see any game on their schedule where they will be the favorite.  If they are this season, take the other team and the odds.  There's enough stupid Squealer fans who will tip the odds in your favor.

Squealers will have the #1 pick next season and will draft a QB, wasting their 1st Rd pick this season, not understanding how far away they are from everyone else in the AFC.  14 games in the AFC and they shouldn't win any of them.  They should lose all three games against the NFC, too.  Jets will beat them.

50 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

Kyle, whoever he is, is an idiot.

He thinks the Squealers will finish higher than nine AFC teams.  He needs to go back to his work Fantasy Football Team where the secretary who guesses wins it all.

Never underestimate the power of the purse. Those bastards sell…lots. They make the NFL a boatload. They will always be “relevant”…by hook or by crook. 

They are the NFL’s Lakers. 

16 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

They are the NFL’s Lakers. 

Who, did NOT make the playoffs, BTW….even with LeBron. 

Conspiracy theories are quite the rage these days though, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

my wild NBA rant out of no where:

well. the NBA doesnt even hide bias. people who call it conspiracy theories i assume think people mean they make them champs every year?

no, but they sure get a nudge, maybe in the first or second qtr of games they get someone else in foul trouble early, or get extra free throws, get the 50/50 calls, whatever, maybe in game 2 and 3 of a series everyone complains but then the excuse "well that was game 2 they needed 2 more still" as if the odds dont staack HEAVY in your favor with each win in a series, i have been seated courtside, and after a game agains lebron on the cavs vs a crappy team, the other team went to the official and said those calls were obvious, it was bullshit, and they were going to file a complaint to the group that covers officials, and i quote, the official said "lol, go the fuck ahead no one gives a fuck" and the other official laughed.

additionally, the nba chose to force several minority and female officials to the nba rotation, and they were obviously not ready and didnt have the experience yet as lower ranks had the same white male masses of officials, and when teams complained, they were told "well we can put them through the ranks for the next five years have listen to everyone complain how unbalanced the officials pool is or do it now, live through the lumps and everyone can shut up about it, they sure as hell arent going to complain about them being here"  grab NBA league pass and go catch a non national televised nba game with a "superstar" vs a shit market mediocre team... lemme know what you think of the calls.

jus sayin.

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

Nuance, as it were. The example of a franchise which sells regardless of the apparent plus/minus of record. 

To Go’s point, the NBA is the poster child for “influenced” games, and has been since Larry/Magic. Everything based on “star power”. “Influenced” is completely different than “fixed”. Stack a deck enough, and the majority of time, that team wins. And wins/stars=sales. 

If the NFL hasn’t arrived at that point yet—which personally I believe it landed there some years back—it is well on the way. Incessant rule changes and lack of any real oversight as to officiating, basically guarantees it.

33 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Nuance, as it were. The example of a franchise which sells regardless of the apparent plus/minus of record. 

To Go’s point, the NBA is the poster child for “influenced” games, and has been since Larry/Magic. Everything based on “star power”. “Influenced” is completely different than “fixed”. Stack a deck enough, and the majority of time, that team wins. And wins/stars=sales. 

If the NFL hasn’t arrived at that point yet—which personally I believe it landed there some years back—it is well on the way. Incessant rule changes and lack of any real oversight as to officiating, basically guarantees it.

The fans of pretty much every major professional league in the US would say that. 

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Just relax Dr. Manhattan. 

:unsure:

I guess that HBO series didn't do well but I loved it.  Pretty sure we already went over the Reznor/Ross collab OSTs for that & other stuff so I'll refrain from gushing over them again but gd they're good

Archived