Keeping our enemies close

1 hour ago, Griever said:

10 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

This is what needs to happen to this creep. Go home! We'll shoot you an email when you're allowed back perv, if at all...

Yeah I'm not sure why the NFLPA is "concerned" by this..  Do they think he should receive cake & pie & ice cream instead or what? What's concerning about it other than 2 dozen accusations of sexual assault?

On 6/22/2022 at 9:07 AM, High School Harry said:

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Jaylon Ferguson has died at the age of 26, the team announced Wednesday morning.

Ferguson, was just beginning his fourth NFL season after being selected by the Ravens in the third round of the 2019 draft out of Louisiana Tech.

No cause of death was revealed.

In a social media post, the Ravens said the organization was "profoundly saddened by the tragic passing" and called Ferguson "a kind, respectful young man with a big smile and an infectious personality.

"We express our heartfelt condolences to Jaylon's family and friends as we mourn a life lost much too soon."

It's a suspected  overdose from what I've seen on the Ravens boards.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2022-06-23-ravens-linebacker-jaylon-fergusons-suspected-cause-of-death-revealed/

Not a board entry but an article.

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I'm not sure why the NFLPA is "concerned" by this..  Do they think he should receive cake & pie & ice cream instead or what? What's concerning about it other than 2 dozen accusations of sexual assault?

Due to the 2020 collective bargaining agreement, the commissioner doesn't have unlimited disciplinary power anymore. There is supposed to be an arbitrator who makes these decisions. It is expected to be former U.S. District Court Judge Sue Robinson, someone both the NFL and NFLPA agreed to act as an impartial arbitrator with disciplinary cases similar to Watson’s. 

11 minutes ago, dex said:

Due to the 2020 collective bargaining agreement, the commissioner doesn't have unlimited disciplinary power anymore. There is supposed to be an arbitrator who makes these decisions. It is expected to be former U.S. District Court Judge Sue Robinson, someone both the NFL and NFLPA agreed to act as an impartial arbitrator with disciplinary cases similar to Watson’s. 

Damn, where was this energy when Burfict was being run out of the league for the unforgivable crime of making the Stealers sad?

Better late than never, I guess.  Still say the NFLPA is "concerned" about entirely the wrong thing in this case.

3 hours ago, gupps said:

https://www.iheart.com/content/2022-06-23-ravens-linebacker-jaylon-fergusons-suspected-cause-of-death-revealed/

I can 100% tell you based on the neighborhood where he was found that it was that. I am sure something unexpectedly laced with fentanyl again. 

33 minutes ago, membengal said:

I can 100% tell you based on the neighborhood where he was found that it was that. I am sure something unexpectedly laced with fentanyl again. 

Man that's awful if so, can't even trust a blunt at a party these days...  

4 hours ago, gupps said:

36 minutes ago, membengal said:

What a waste.

Of a young  man's life.

4 hours ago, dex said:

Ok, so the way I understand this is Judge Robinson makes a suggestion to the NFL for what she believes the punishment should be. From there it is further negotiated between the players association and the league (this should not be confused with the negotiations that just broke down). However, in this case rumor has it that the NFL will present what they believe the appropriate punishment should be before it is passed along to the Judge. I don't believe this is part of the normal process.

This whole thing is stupid, Deshawn should be kicked the fuck out of the NFL! Just like the Rapist should have been.

On 6/23/2022 at 8:12 AM, fluhartz said:

oh....I know. Actually I think Mayfield kinda sucks, and I agree about Carroll. 

It was just a hypothetical that made Cleveland look like a shithole once again, and that always makes me happy. 

It is NOT hypothetical that Cleveland looks like a shithole, it is a well accepted fact in every journal of science.  

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Man that's awful if so, can't even trust a blunt at a party these days...  

The Chinese are getting really good at killing our young citizens. 

When I was 18, I unknowingly smoked some weed laced with PCP. I didn’t touch the stuff for 30+ years after that.   Had some legal dispensary stuff over the last few years. 

My son won’t smoke it anymore, too scared. 

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

When I was 18, I unknowingly smoked some weed laced with PCP. I didn’t touch the stuff for 30+ years after that.   Had some legal dispensary stuff over the last few years. 

good.. one bad batch and you're dead. 

10 hours ago, membengal said:

He's a professional football player, WTF is he doing in a neighborhood like that?

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Grow your own baby, there are online seed banks all over.

5 hours ago, gupps said:

He's a professional football player, WTF is he doing in a neighborhood like that?

Grow your own baby, there are online seed banks all over.

My kids are old enough to go the dispensary route.  They won’t touch anything they don’t buy.  It’s getting worse. 

14 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

Ok, so the way I understand this is Judge Robinson makes a suggestion to the NFL for what she believes the punishment should be. From there it is further negotiated between the players association and the league (this should not be confused with the negotiations that just broke down). However, in this case rumor has it that the NFL will present what they believe the appropriate punishment should be before it is passed along to the Judge. I don't believe this is part of the normal process.

This whole thing is stupid, Deshawn should be kicked the fuck out of the NFL! Just like the Rapist should have been.

Judge Robinson can recommend a punishment or none at all. If she recommends some disciplinary action, the league can appeal it to the agreed upon arbitrator, whose name is Roger Goodell. So unless she recommends no punishment, Goodell will decide. 

A complicating factor is that the league also says that owners and team employees are held to a higher standard than players. The union has pointed out recent cases involving the Patriots, Commanders, and Cowboys involving allegations of sexual impropriety where the owners weren't punished. So the union says Watson can't be suspended either. Watson sat out the 2021 season already, with pay. If they fine him that pay, he'd have served a season long suspension already. 

14 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Judge Robinson can recommend a punishment or none at all. If she recommends some disciplinary action, the league can appeal it to the agreed upon arbitrator, whose name is Roger Goodell. So unless she recommends no punishment, Goodell will decide. 

A complicating factor is that the league also says that owners and team employees are held to a higher standard than players. The union has pointed out recent cases involving the Patriots, Commanders, and Cowboys involving allegations of sexual impropriety where the owners weren't punished. So the union says Watson can't be suspended either. Watson sat out the 2021 season already, with pay. If they fine him that pay, he'd have served a season long suspension already. 

Kraft’s issue was 100% consensual so they are not similar.   Kraft was never accused of sexual assault   

Snyder is still under investigation so we will have to wait and see.  However, sexual harassment still isn’t on the same level of 24 sexual assault allegations.   

46 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Kraft’s issue was 100% consensual so they are not similar.   Kraft was never accused of sexual assault   

Snyder is still under investigation so we will have to wait and see.  However, sexual harassment still isn’t on the same level of 24 sexual assault allegations.   

yea im confused why anyone keeps bringing up the owners, you cant suspend the owners from gameplay, you cant take owners game checks, and also had all charges dropped and no civil case to lean on, there is nothing to compare anything to. 

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Kraft was arrested for patronizing a spa with trafficked sex workers. Watson hasn't been arrested for anything.

8 hours ago, GoBengals said:

yea im confused why anyone keeps bringing up the owners, you cant suspend the owners from gameplay, you cant take owners game checks, and also had all charges dropped and no civil case to lean on, there is nothing to compare anything to. 

Any punishment of Watson would come under the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy. It says owners and team employees are held to a higher standard than players. So players can't be punished more severely than owners for similar actions. Snyder is accused of trying to undress one of his employees and paid her more than a million dollars for it. Kraft was arrested (with the charges later dismissed) for getting a handy at an Asian spa. Jones paid several million dollars to former cheerleaders for a team employee taping them changing clothes. He also paid millions to a woman he has an illegitimate child with. 

The league's conduct policy is driven by PR considerations. Buzbee has been waging a PR campaign against Watson but the same could be done to various NFL owners too. Snyder in particular could be a leverage point for Watson, as he's under Congressional investigation too. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Kraft was arrested for patronizing a spa with trafficked sex workers. Watson hasn't been arrested for anything.

Any punishment of Watson would come under the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy. It says owners and team employees are held to a higher standard than players. So players can't be punished more severely than owners for similar actions. Snyder is accused of trying to undress one of his employees and paid her more than a million dollars for it. Kraft was arrested (with the charges later dismissed) for getting a handy at an Asian spa. Jones paid several million dollars to former cheerleaders for a team employee taping them changing clothes. He also paid millions to a woman he has an illegitimate child with. 

The league's conduct policy is driven by PR considerations. Buzbee has been waging a PR campaign against Watson but the same could be done to various NFL owners too. Snyder in particular could be a leverage point for Watson, as he's under Congressional investigation too. 

being arrested means nothing for any of these cases, as you mentioned, after for some reason mentioning some being arrested. 

we are all well aware some owners have done some sketchy shit, but jones paying off cheerleaders settlements as the owner he had some liability being their employer, but the person involved was forced to resign as well, so he is gone. and if we are punishing for illigitmate children what do you think those numbers look like for players? lmao.

none of the owners have anything near 2+ DOZEN sexual assault claims. none, anywhere, in fact, all of those things combined dont equal half of these claims.

25 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I would actually gain respect for the NFL if they dropped a lifetime ban on Watson, as would many fans. It would be a huge PR boost for them.

But I know they won't.

& I think it's mostly because of the hole Cleveland dug for themselves.  What would they do if he's expelled besides suck for the next 5 years?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

& I think it's mostly because of the hole Cleveland dug for themselves.  What would they do if he's expelled besides suck for the next 5 years?

Could they (NFL or Cleveland) void his contract?

Much as I dislike Cleveland this seems to be the most fair option to them.

Like it or not, they would be stuck with Mayfield for a year after having burned their bridges

but they would not suck for five years in cap Hell.  I don't think the NFL would like having a

lame duck team for the next few years.

Archived