Keeping our enemies close

5 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Has Watson received the bonus yet? If he has, I would imagine that it would be hard to void the contract because then you have to recoup those funds. Good luck with that.

Also, if Watson is suspended for the whole year, then does that push the timetable back for the contract to begin until 2023? If so, then the Browns only pay him $1 million next year and they have him until 2027 instead of 2026. 

The scenario that would really screw the Browns would be to suspend him for 15 games, not the full season. That way, the contract kicks in for this year and they're on the hook for the $46 million next year. 

I like the way you think.

👍

17 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

It's not necessarily consensual, even if she says it is.  Her telling the truth might be risking a beating (or worse) for herself or a loved one.  Just sayin'.  Carry on. 

There is certainly an entire nuanced conversation that could be had on the merits of legalizing prostitution to counter trafficker's and go with a more European model towards sex work etc - under the rationale that prohibition just makes activity that will occur regardless less safe and puts it in the hands of criminals and not corporations.

But with all that said, I would still contend that paying for sex (while unsavory to most) is not the same as preying on 30 women with un-consensual sexual aggression. Yes, Kraft is not winning any "father/husband" of the year awards, but I would likely trust leaving him in a room with my sister/mother and not really think that he might whip his dick out and begin chasing them around the room while trying to jam their fingers up his ass.

12 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Those are pretty bold claims. Do you have any evidence for them?

My descriptions come from the testimonies of his victims. Although yes, it is a case of: He said, versus She she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she said.

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

My descriptions come from the testimonies of his victims. Although yes, it is a case of: He said, versus She she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she said.

That's sort of the point. You don't have the testimony of the alleged victims. The grand jury records are sealed. What you have are the complaints and media interviews, not given under oath or penalty of perjury. People asking for money have to state a complaint for which relief (money) can be given. So complaints tend to be rather lurid even if they can't be proven when they reach court. Until at least the deposition stage, them saying Watson assaulted them is no more legally significant than you saying Watson assaulted them. Unsurprisingly, Watson says he didn't assault them. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

You don't have the testimony of the alleged victims. The grand jury records are sealed. What you have are the complaints and media interviews

I have enough to cast judgement just based on the facts that are not even disputed by Watson. He did not use the team masseuse and instead reached out to 66 random women on Instagram Dms for private sessions at homes or hotels. He then gave these women Non Disclosure Agreements to sign before their sessions (wonder why?). And he admits to having sexual intercourse with a number of them (though he conveniently says it was consensual). Then 24 of these women accused him of sexual assault and he paid off 20 of them an undisclosed amount to remain silent from now on, rather than prove his innocence in civil court.

Even if I know nothing else that is enough for me to warrant a lifetime ban -- and that is before I even fire up the ol' common sense meter and weigh the pattern of behavior to assume his guilt of what he's accused of doing. 

10 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Sad he not only needs to be suspended but he needs major counseling 

I (honestly) don't know if counseling would fix him. There is something wrong upstairs.

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Then 24 of these women accused him of sexual assault and he paid off 20 of them an undisclosed amount to remain silent from now on, rather than prove his innocence in civil court.

BJ: again, one doesn’t “prove innocence” in civil court. If anything is “proven”, the decision of the jury simply finds in favor of one side or the other, and the erstwhile sentence is in the form of money and/or instructions from the court. The plaintiff/defendant “prevails” with their case. 

Naturally, on the other hand, the court of public opinion can mete out “guilt” or “innocence” at its pleasure. 

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I have enough to cast judgement just based on the facts that are not even disputed by Watson. He did not use the team masseuse and instead reached out to 66 random women on Instagram Dms for private sessions at homes or hotels. He then gave these women Non Disclosure Agreements to sign before their sessions (wonder why?). And he admits to having sexual intercourse with a number of them (though he conveniently says it was consensual). Then 24 of these women accused him of sexual assault and he paid off 20 of them an undisclosed amount to remain silent from now on, rather than prove his innocence in civil court.

Even if I know nothing else that is enough for me to warrant a lifetime ban -- and that is before I even fire up the ol' common sense meter and weigh the pattern of behavior to assume his guilt of what he's accused of doing. 

Of course Watson isn't defending himself in the media, beyond pro forma denials. Buzbee is waging a PR campaign making his clients available to HBO and the New York Times with the goal of increasing pressure on Watson to settle for a larger amount than 18 of his clients were willing to settle for a year ago. Since the various claimants don't allege to be witnesses for each other, Watson is letting things play out. You don't think he's had a large number of private investigators on the job? But if he has discrediting evidence against the plaintiffs, he'll reveal it in court rather than give them a free preview in the media. You're making a decision based on a pretty distorted view of the facts. Why not wait until both sides have presented their case? 

56 minutes ago, Griever said:

Just read the tweets thread...man this shit is creepy AF

I know. There are some weird MF's out there.  Defending this douche bag no matter what.

Even when he is found guilty (civil) they will defend him saying well there were no criminal charges.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

I want to believe the NFL really wants Watson to get a 1 year suspension.  But Roger Goodell is such a slimeball he knows it won't happen but he can stand in front of the cameras and whine "we tried."

There is something called a collective bargaining agreement.  Goodell and the NFL can't violate it.  I realize management is often the bad guy, and the NFL is no execption, but this is one of those spots where a union is every bit the POS that management is.  The NFLPA can kiss my ass defending this creep. 

39 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

There is something called a collective bargaining agreement.  Goodell and the NFL can't violate it.  I realize management is often the bad guy, and the NFL is no execption, but this is one of those spots where a union is every bit the POS that management is.  The NFLPA can kiss my ass defending this creep. 

The NFLPA will want to defend that 230 million dollar guaranteed contract. When contract talks begin with other franchise QBs over guaranteed money, they don't want the owners to be able to put an asterisk on Watson's contract and call it an outlier rather than a precedent. 

11 minutes ago, dex said:

The NFLPA will want to defend that 230 million dollar guaranteed contract. When contract talks begin with other franchise QBs over guaranteed money, they don't want the owners to be able to put an asterisk on Watson's contract and call it an outlier rather than a precedent. 

Don't care why.  Still wrong.  They are willing to accept an absolute dirt bag because they can get more money.  Every bit as greedy and corrupt as the NFL itself.

actually the union has to defend him as best they can or Watson can sue them.  and trust me the NFL wants them to defend him so they can go easy on Watson and lay all the blame on the union.    it doesnt mean they support watson or his actions.  the really sad part is  the way ownership/arbitration etc is set up, they (nfl and the owners) will allow the union to do an above average job in defense of the slime ball , yet they will fight the union to the end  when they defend someone that deserves to be defended,     

Archived