Keeping our enemies close

25 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Brissett is a big dropoff from Watson. If their starting QB misses the first 4-6 games of the year, they'll be starting in a hole. 

Fair point. Taking a look at their schedule, let's see who they have week 1-6:

Wk1: @Panthers

Wk2: Jets

Wk3: Stealers

Wk4: @Falcons

Wk5: Chargers

Wk6: Patriots

Not exactly murderers row unfortunately, would have love to see them lose every game Watson was out. Also, only two away games...and none against our Bengals. Damn.

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Fair point. Taking a look at their schedule, let's see who they have week 1-6:

Wk1: @Panthers

Wk2: Jets

Wk3: Stealers

Wk4: @Falcons

Wk5: Chargers

Wk6: Patriots

Not exactly murderers row unfortunately, would have love to see them lose every game Watson was out. Also, only two away games...and none against our Bengals. Damn.

I wouldn't mind seeing them beat the Squeels and going 5-1.

Browns aren't going anywhere (knock on wood) and pinning another L on the Shittsburg Peelers would work.

They're sneaky bastards, they are.

13 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Roger made sure everyone knew the league was asking for a year suspension.  They will claim it's not their fault that the female independent arbitrator gave Watson a light sentence.

Roger:  "We are asking for a year before you rule on the suspension"

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Brissett is a big dropoff from Watson. If their starting QB misses the first 4-6 games of the year, they'll be starting in a hole. 

Problem is, they still have a great running game and a superior defense. They don't need much else to squeak 3 wins out of those first 6. 

for whatever it's worth....

I had heard (a month or so ago) someone speculating that the judge hearing all the evidence would rule something moderate and that Goodell would then swoop in and drop the hammer in order to make the NFL look tough.

We shall see

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Is there a scenario where he still participates in TC and plays sometime this season, but the Browns get an extra year on his contract due to being suspended for a few weeks? 

Contracts are contracts—viable and binding for both parties. 

I suppose the Browns could modify/amend the existing contract—by agreement of Watson of course—to add another year. The Shield couldn’t do it. 

His contract will toll if he's suspended for a full year but if he plays in 2022, it will count as a year on his contract. He can attend training camp and play in pre-season games before any suspension starts. Judge Robinson had the hearings and the deadline for follow up briefs was this week. So she should rule before the end of this month. The league can appeal any punishment she imposes but is bound by her fact findings. 

If the suspension is only a few games Watson might eat them just to move on, unless the NFLPA is serious about fighting it.  If Watson does decide to fight it I would not be surprised if Watson sues the NFL for something or other and a judge issues an injunction that allows Watson to play while his case meanders years thru the court system.

5 hours ago, westside bengal said:

If the suspension is only a few games Watson might eat them just to move on, unless the NFLPA is serious about fighting it.  If Watson does decide to fight it I would not be surprised if Watson sues the NFL for something or other and a judge issues an injunction that allows Watson to play while his case meanders years thru the court system.

Oh, that sounds fun. And also quite likely.

20 hours ago, HOF dan said:

for whatever it's worth....

I had heard (a month or so ago) someone speculating that the judge hearing all the evidence would rule something moderate and that Goodell would then swoop in and drop the hammer in order to make the NFL look tough.

We shall see

I thought the whole point of the judge is so that Dodgy Roger no longer makes those decisions?

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I thought the whole point of the judge is so that Dodgy Roger no longer makes those decisions?

• If applicable, the independent arbitrator weighs the evidence presented by the NFL and determines a violation of the personal conduct policy did occur. The arbitrator can then determine the punishment rendered for the infraction. If the NFL disagrees with the punishment rendered, the league can appeal it to commissioner Roger Goodell, who then makes a final determination on any punishment, which could range from a suspension to a monetary fine.

43 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

• If applicable, the independent arbitrator weighs the evidence presented by the NFL and determines a violation of the personal conduct policy did occur. The arbitrator can then determine the punishment rendered for the infraction. If the NFL disagrees with the punishment rendered, the league can appeal it to commissioner Roger Goodell, who then makes a final determination on any punishment, which could range from a suspension to a monetary fine.

So it's still Dodgy Roger but with extra steps..  Sounds about right.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:36 PM, Griever said:

Have fun with that Carolina

this isnt shocking.

On 7/9/2022 at 8:35 PM, T-Dub said:

Thought that stat sounded a lil cherrypicked myself...  Who can really say what kind of QB he is, coming from that offense and that organization? Certainly good enough to build around but they saw what JB did last year & got desperate for someone they thought could compete at that level, no matter the cost.  After that it was just Cleveland being Cleveland.

well he wa sa gunslinger asshole in college and a gun slinger asshole in the nfl, cherry picked or not its noe like he was lighting up crunch time. and its hard to say there wasnt talent around him, psycho talent, yes, but talent.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:11 AM, SF2 said:

The max an agent can charge for negotiating an NFL contract is 3%.  You have to be crazy to not have a great one negotiating for you when discussing $100 mil plus..  

It’s just another indicator that Jackson isn’t all that bright.  To wait until July to declare he is ready to get a deal done is another.  This is shit you try to get done late in the season or before the draft. You don’t wait until July. 

this is why when media folks keep talking like the ravens are gonna win the AFCN im like ehhhhhhh....  no matter how small its in his head and everyones head... its there, you got a new DC, rebuilding peices, lost a weapon, have 3 running backs, one plays QB, tlanet for days but man thats not a winning recipe... they DO have the last place schedule at least.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:06 PM, sparky151 said:

Lamar has said the tweet wasn't about his contract, it was just a quote he liked from some movie he saw last week.

But he does still want to get a deal done before the season. 

man he thinks we are all as dumb as he is.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:02 PM, High School Harry said:

image.thumb.png.6e8d251bf08ef4b8a1af2c06f2121262.png

anyone who buys the domain lamarjacksonenterprizes.com is a stupid asshole who doesnt want anyone to every email it or go to it.

and while that may be the basis of the tweet he knows damn well what he is doing.

On 7/11/2022 at 7:44 AM, Griever said:

this is comical, how much could they have possibly paid to make this a good call.

On 7/11/2022 at 2:11 PM, Montana Bengal said:

this is one of the funniest things i have seen all year. i keep sharing it. fucking hilarious

On 7/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20220711_223320.jpg

i have also been thinking about this, minus the  watson part, like they HAVE to do a moving commercial with him right? and he has to take a dig at the browns right? 

Archived