Keeping our enemies close

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

More than that, I think Cleveland's irresponsibility might place the financial health of the NFL in jeopardy. Fully guaranteed contracts in a contact sport with high injury rates is a poison pill that could sink the league one day. 

Another putrid contribution to the NFL by the Browns. Too much money for the amount of brains in that franchise.

What is likely to happen is several of these long term guaranteed contracts will be huge dead cap amounts when players are injured and can’t play any longer. And then the market will adjust back the other way. If the player is unable to play there is no way to avoid the dead money on the cap. That team will be hamstrung for the length of the contract. 

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Colossal mistake by Arizona to pay Murray that kind of guaranteed money as I don't even think his heart is in football (prefers baseball). Plus his height is a huge liability and the league has figured his little scramble gimmick out (blitz him with a DB off the edge). 

100%

17 hours ago, gupps said:

And don't forget what some colorblind @sshole did to the old Oilers (now Titans) unis, it hurts just looking at them.

top notch logo. wonder if it would be under fire with the woke folk these days with big oil being such a hot topic. 

11 hours ago, Griever said:

jake liscow fucking sucks. unlistenable twat. i hate him, to run a podcast of a team i love hearing about, to suck so bad i cant even listen..is a real treat... sorry offtopic rant. 

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Colossal mistake by Arizona to pay Murray that kind of guaranteed money as I don't even think his heart is in football (prefers baseball). Plus his height is a huge liability and the league has figured his little scramble gimmick out (blitz him with a DB off the edge). 

he also fucking sucks at football. tiktok QB, makes enough highlight plays that people think he is great but watch entire games its you realize he makes 12 negative plays so those highlights werent that impressive.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah there's no way they didn't receive assurances beforehand that Watson would be able to play.  Over 2 dozen accusations of stuff that could easily end his career and they're giving him the largest guaranteed contract in NFL history. They knew he was getting a slap on the wrist.

is that why they made this years contract for 1 million then? because it was gonna be a slap on the wrist?

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What is likely to happen is several of these long term guaranteed contracts will be huge dead cap amounts when players are injured and can’t play any longer. And then the market will adjust back the other way. If the player is unable to play there is no way to avoid the dead money on the cap. That team will be hamstrung for the length of the contract. 

i agree. looking like WR are gonna be the next gen cash grab. you can see the nfl slowly going towards college style, just line up insane athletes instead if great QB's and what not, college dont produce great QB's hardly at all anymore. with the rule and field differences, a raw killer athlete is just as good and requires a lot less learning and film study and smarts.

whats funny is i think RB's are going to swing back into fashion as teams start loading 3 safeties and 5-6 DB's standard its going to be easier to run again.

could suck, could be awesome.

14 hours ago, spicoli said:

100%

It is vert problematic when you ahve a very good but not elite QB. I would put Murray in that category along with Cousins and Lamar Jackson until any of them prove otherwise. We all know how hard it is to get an elite QB and then you end up getting 'caught' between keep trying to get one or overapying a 'good' one. Rock and a hard place really. 

22 hours ago, GoBengals said:

is that why they made this years contract for 1 million then? because it was gonna be a slap on the wrist?

Fair point, but with all that guaranteed money? 20+ sexual assault cases seems like the kind of thing that could (should) get you permanently expelled.  One year is a slap on the wrist, relatively. 

Yeah, I'm probably giving Cleveland too much credit.  Taking a huge flier on a serial rapist completely blind can not be ruled out.

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Bengals have the best of the new bunch by far ... Most of these are terrible

FB_IMG_1658527775548.jpg

Awful looking. Although the Falcon one sort-of-tries to imitate their original helmet, the Cowboy one gets a hair closer to their 1960 model

image.jpeg.87703c612769dc0ee26b684cec1d2c9e.jpeg

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

The Saints looks like someone ran over the middle of their head and left a tire print.

Haha i can totally see that now that you mention it!

I think the Saints missed an opportunity to use their 1969 throwbacks. They only ever wore them for preseason games because they didn't inform the league far enough in advance that they changed their helmet. They look good imo

images.jpeg

No announcement on the Broncos alternate helmet for this year, but if the Walton family heir doesn't switch the permanent Broncos uniform back to the orange crush, then it just confirms why I always drive further to shop at Target.

IMG_20220724_232017.jpg

^ One of the top 3 unis in nfl history 

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

The new Bears alternate orange helmet is hideous 🤮  looks like a D-league Bengals that fucked a traffic cone

IMG_20220724_234455.jpg

IMG_20220724_234504.jpg

…that’s one Bengals-wanna-be team that’s taking it a bit too far.  😒

Archived