Keeping our enemies close

6 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

No announcement on the Broncos alternate helmet for this year, but if the Walton family heir doesn't switch the permanent Broncos uniform back to the orange crush, then it just confirms why I always drive further to shop at Target.

IMG_20220724_232017.jpg

^ One of the top 3 unis in nfl history 

Yeah, the new unis they rolled out wre a HUGE step backwards, even tho the won Super Bowls with them.

The new Bears alternate orange helmet is hideous 🤮  looks like a D-league Bengals that fucked a traffic cone

IMG_20220724_234455.jpg

IMG_20220724_234504.jpg

Do "Da Bears" have a history of orange unis? I honestly have no idea.

Lacking originality, terms are just now doing the same helmets but in black ...

IMG_20220725_000717.jpg

The Cardinals were the only team I thought actually improved their uniform looks when they updated them a few years ago (I thought the black looked great). I'll wait and see how they look with a black helmet.

52 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Their 1946 jersey was orange—but nothing like the ones in the photos. Their past “alternate” was orange too

image.thumb.jpeg.0577c5e14e2cee05be5d8dc741ef72b6.jpeg

See this actually looks decent, the orange helmet with this is just...well..TOO much orange

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

No announcement on the Broncos alternate helmet for this year, but if the Walton family heir doesn't switch the permanent Broncos uniform back to the orange crush, then it just confirms why I always drive further to shop at Target.

IMG_20220724_232017.jpg

^ One of the top 3 unis in nfl history 

Definitely one of the greats. As a kid, I would play the original Tecmo Bowl on NES. The Bengals weren't in that game, so I always used Denver because I liked their orange and blue uniforms. Would love to see those brought back.

tecmo-bowl-bo-jackson.jpg

You know who I'd love to see added to that throwback category? The Seahawks. I know it was "hip" when it was first released, but their current uniforms just look like a busy mess. These classics are great with the silver helmet.

usatsi_13467899.jpg

19 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This is what their original 1976 version looked like. Sort of blah, no bird on the sleeve, and the numbers were always oversized:

Ranking the 5 Best Uniforms in Seahawks History

Agreed, bird on the sleeve is a must to tie in the helmets.

“In the event Player breaches… Player shall be deemed in Default, as that term is defined in Paragraph 27 of the Contract”

Devil’s in the details. The “breach” is fairly well spelled out, but what is the hammer in Paragraph 27? Would like to see that. 

On 7/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, Le Tigre said:

Now their first year combo was very nice 

image.jpeg

LOL, I didn’t go to my first Saints game until 1969. The only thing I remember is they sucked.  I did see them beat the Cowboys early in 1971?  Everyone thought we were on our way.  Long story short we won 2 more games and Dallas won the Super Bowl.   It was one of Archie Manning’s first games.   

5 hours ago, membengal said:

things you don't have to worry about with Burrow, part 1000...

If you find yourself needing to put in the fine print that the person you are paying $230,000,000 needs to do mandatory study hours per week ... then he is not the kind of player that you should be giving that kind of money too. How embarrassing and a self-own.

Burrow likely does at least 4 hours of independent study A DAY, during the regular season, not per week. 

I'd be all in for the NFL making the Thursday games mandatory "Throwback Thursday" events (including the Thanksgiving games). It might actually lead to more viewership.

On a side note, does anyone remember the first year (I think) of the alternate unis and the Dolphins played the J-E-T-S and they both wore their alternates? It was something to behold.

2 hours ago, gupps said:

I'd be all in for the NFL making the Thursday games mandatory "Throwback Thursday" events (including the Thanksgiving games). It might actually lead to more viewership.

On a side note, does anyone remember the first year (I think) of the alternate unis and the Dolphins played the J-E-T-S and they both wore their alternates? It was something to behold.

image.png.b1b0019960c2210ceaa737f0e68a36ef.png

Archived