Keeping our enemies close

16 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Burrow likely does at least 4 hours of independent study A DAY, during the regular season, not per week. 

Joe Burrow does 4 hours of independent study AN HOUR

10 hours ago, gupps said:

I'd be all in for the NFL making the Thursday games mandatory "Throwback Thursday" events (including the Thanksgiving games). It might actually lead to more viewership.

I'd be all for throwing them back in whatever NFL Network meeting room they came from and nailing the door shut.  TNF is dogshit.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Joe Burrow does 4 hours of independent study AN HOUR

I'd be all for throwing them back in whatever NFL Network meeting room they came from and nailing the door shut.  TNF is dogshit.

From what I hear the layers don't like them. If you made the games after a teams bye I bet they'd like them a lot more.

20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

This is what Tom should have been wearing when they won the Super Bowl ...

But Tampa won't even have these for this season due to "supply chain issues". 

IMG_20220726_003932.jpg

That version of the Bucco Bruce unis actually looked pretty good.    Of course the Cremesicle versions were so bad they became nostalgic. 

1 hour ago, gupps said:

From what I hear the layers don't like them. If you made the games after a teams bye I bet they'd like them a lot more.

Yeah, I don’t understand why they don’t do that.  It would be like two mini bye weeks. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

That version of the Bucco Bruce unis actually looked pretty good.    Of course the Cremesicle versions were so bad they became nostalgic. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e5db06cbbf6a2275eae0aa5576564e73.jpeg

“I hate to admit this, but I didn’t know (Bucco Bruce) was involved in this over the years,” said (John) McKay

"What do they call him? I didn’t even know his name. I thought it was Errol Flynn all these years. It turned out to be another guy I didn’t even know.”

"If he's the guy who was in charge of losing, let's get rid of him."

“I had feelings about the colors. I thought they looked a lot like the local bus station," McKay said. "I kind of liked the orange and white. But I'm sure they've picked colors that stand out more."

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

the Cremesicle versions were so bad they became nostalgic

I always loved the creamsicles to be honest and even attended some Bucs games at the 'Big Sombrero' back in the early 90s to see them live (when my family lived in Tampa). The team was bad, but to me they always looked great at least ...

IMG_20220727_015604.jpgIMG_20220727_015631.jpgadf65145d47bdf3261594b7ef9ba11b6--american-football-nfl-football.jpg

The pewter and red "wannabe Raiders" version is not an improvement to me at all and is too cliche for pirates.

Stealers place S Minkah Fitzpatrick on NFI list after bike accident

Curt PopejoyTue, July 26, 2022, 9:01 PM

Pittsburgh Stealers head coach Mike Tomlin addressed the media after the team’s first action of training camp. During that media session, Tomlin reported that safety Minkah Fitzpatrick was starting training camp on the Non-Football Injury List.

According to Tomlin, Fitzpatrick is on the NFI list after injuring his wrist after wrecking his bicycle.
Fitzpatrick signed a new contract this offseason making him the highest-paid safety in the NFL. (Not as good as Jessee and not with what they paid him, screwed up the salary scale and Master Bates expectations and negotiations. Fuck the Stealers) Since coming to the Stealers from the Miami Dolphins via trade, Fitzpatrick has established himself as one of the best all-around defensive backs in the league. He was named an All-Pro his first two seasons in Pittsburgh and last season led the team in tackles as he adjusted to a new role on a defense struggling to stop the run.

Tomlin didn’t give any indication the injury was a concern but it should give some other players like Damontae Kazee and Tre Norwood a shot at some first-team reps until Fitzpatrick recovers from his bike wreck.

29 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Pittsburgh Stealers head coach Mike Tomlin addressed the media after the team’s first action of training camp. During that media session, Tomlin reported that safety Minkah Fitzpatrick was starting training camp on the Non-Football Injury List.

According to Tomlin, Fitzpatrick is on the NFI list after injuring his wrist after wrecking his bicycle.
Fitzpatrick signed a new contract this offseason making him the highest-paid safety in the NFL. (Not as good as Jessee and not with what they paid him, screwed up the salary scale and Master Bates expectations and negotiations. Fuck the Stealers) Since coming to the Stealers from the Miami Dolphins via trade, Fitzpatrick has established himself as one of the best all-around defensive backs in the league. He was named an All-Pro his first two seasons in Pittsburgh and last season led the team in tackles as he adjusted to a new role on a defense struggling to stop the run.

Tomlin didn’t give any indication the injury was a concern but it should give some other players like Damontae Kazee and Tre Norwood a shot at some first-team reps until Fitzpatrick recovers from his bike wreck.

I am sure the true story is Minkah sprained his wrist wacking off his teammates in the shower.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Did he almost die?

:ninja:

^ Re: Washington. 

I mean what's not to love ...

- worst name in the nfl 

- worst uniforms in the nfl 

- worst owner in the nfl 

Snyder should be forced to sell the team and they need to be rebranded and moved to a new city. Football in DC (really Virginia) is officially dead. 

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Re: Washington. 

I mean what's not to love ...

- worst name in the nfl 

- worst uniforms in the nfl 

- worst owner in the nfl 

Snyder should be forced to sell the team and they need to be rebranded and moved to a new city. Football in DC (really Virginia) is officially dead. 

Agree with pretty much everything above. Their uniforms are absolutely terrible now, which is a damn shame because all they had to effing do is replace their native american logo with something else. A historical team like that just has to stay looking classic. Like Green Bay or the Cowboys. Unfortunately there aren't many classics left.

Archived