Keeping our enemies close

9 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

They go from laughingstock shit-show, to Prime Time Show in one short day. 

Great offensive line, good RB's, very good #1 receiver, superb defense. 

It's going to be a real fight to win this division (again).  

Look forward to it..

All division games are must see now..

AFCW and AFCN are really impressive now..

Other things going against Rub&Tug ... 

- He is used to playing in the warm south in college and an indoor stadium with the Texans. Now he has the cold and windy Mistake on the Lake to contend with. 

- The Browns window is actually closer to closing than opening, especially now that they gave 46 mill a year for this groper and won't have any first rd picks until 2025. 

- Knowing Cleveland's luck, I could see all of this imploding in glorious fashion, especially when some new cases emerge, or women who have not even brought charges yet. I just get the feeling the 22 women are not the full extent, and some woman will emerge soon with credible evidence of an assault or rape. 

So I am not worried at all about this trade. If anything, I think the Browns made themselves worse in the long run. 

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Other things going against Rub & Tug ... 

- He is used to playing in the warm south in college and an indoor stadium with the Texans. Now he has the cold and windy Mistake on the Lake to contend with. 

- The Browns window is actually closer to closing than opening, especially now that they gave 46 mill a year for this groper and won't have any first rd picks until 2025. 

- Knowing Cleveland's luck, I could see all of this imploding in glorious fashion, especially when some new cases emerge, or women who have not even brought charges yet. I just get the feeling the 22 women are not the full extent, and some woman will emerge soon with credible evidence of an assault or rape. 

So I am not worried at all about this trade. If anything, I think the Browns made themselves worse in the long run. 

As in an old Little Feat song..

"How much is too much

How high is too high.."

Now we need to start the hashtag #22Games, to pressure Goodell to suspend him for the entire season and half of next for each victim and time he went dirtbag by forcing some woman's hand on his junk.

Plus, there is no way it's only 22 women, you don't have that habit of behavior over the course of years and then not have skeletons in other areas of life. There will be another slew of victims. If I was Cincy I would be sending investigators down to Houston. 

Another thing ... I can't wait to read the poster signs at away games towards Watson next season. The possibilities for trolling him are endless. The Who Dey mascot needs to bring in a collapsible massage table behind PBS's end zone. 

Plus, I think the Browns will now face way more public pressure from women fans especially than they realize.  So in the "#MeToo" world we have now, a corporation is just going to let a guy with 22 allegations (some of which are very detailed and hard to read) skate by without punishment? No way. 

28 minutes ago, spicoli said:

It’s all good guys, settle down. We still absolutely have the best QB in the division. 

You would agree, however, that it will still boil down to which defense can stop these "best" QB's? As good as they are, the Bengals did not contain Baker Mayfield...and the Browns defense, good as it is, did the job on Burrow. 

Two times a year with this superman monster? Holy cow. 

NFL Network reporting that the Browns put all of Watson's salary this season as bonus, and only 1 million as base salary, so that if Goddell suspends him, the money can only be subtracted from that 1 million. Nice to see them conspiring to protect their serial tugger already. 😏 

Watson's old contract had 4 years remaining on it and only 76 million guaranteed, but the Browns ripped that up and will now guarantee 230 million to him! Unreal and financially irresponsible. As nothing protects them against serious injury or if he has more allegations they can't hide from.

36 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Watson's old contract had 4 years remaining on it and only 76 million guaranteed, but the Browns ripped that up and will now guarantee 230 million to him! Unreal and financially irresponsible. As nothing protects them against serious injury or if he has more allegations they can't hide from.

Jimmy Haslim going to start skimming again from his truck stops to keep up with the guaranteed money..😎

It is hard to overstate how much the Browns have altered the entire QB financial market for the future of the NFL.

In the past 48 hours Rodgers got 150 million guaranteed, and now Watson 230 million guaranteed. Essentially, all top QB contracts from now on will have to be fully guaranteed, which will have huge ramifications for the league as a whole. Will teams now want shorter durations since it's all guaranteed? MLB and the NBA guarantees deals, but the NFL never has, because of the injury risk. But those days for star players might now be over, thanks to the irresponsibility and desperation of the perpetual Mistake on the Lake

Plus, Mahomes 10 year 450 million dollar deal is looking more and more like a huge steal at this point. As Rub&Tug now makes 46 million per year, so more than him. 

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

It is hard to overstate how much the Browns have altered the entire QB financial market for the future of the NFL.

In the past 48 hours Rodgers got 150 million guaranteed, and now Watson 230 million guaranteed. Essentially, all top QB contracts from now on will have to be fully guaranteed, which will have huge ramifications for the league as a whole. Will teams now want shorter durations since it's all guaranteed? MLB and the NBA guarantees deals, but the NFL never has, because of the injury risk. But those days for star players might now be over, thanks to the irresponsibility and desperation of the perpetual Mistake on the Lake

Plus, Mahomes 10 year 450 million dollar deal is looking more and more like a huge steal at this point. As Rub&Tug now makes 46 million per year, so more than him. 

Rub&Tug...lol

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Two times a year with this superman monster? Holy cow. 

I coulda swore that defense was the difference-maker to get them to the SB, no?

Same defense, same DC coming back. 

Zero fear. 

Watson may get a short suspension for PR reasons. But not being indicted was the big win for him. The standard for a grand jury to indict is probable cause meaning more likely than not. The standard for a civil jury is preponderance of the evidence, meaning more likely than not. So one jury has already looked at the facts and decided it didn't amount to much. The civil jury is free to come to a different conclusion but the odds are in Watson's favor. He'll likely settle most of the claims with only a few going to trial. Let's see if either side insists on an NDA. 

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Why? He's not even being charged with a crime, let alone convicted of anything. Nobody thinks Jeff Gladney, acquitted by a jury last week, will face suspension. Watson has already served a 17 game paid suspension. Maybe they fine him a few game checks from last year but settling or failing to settle civil suits shouldn't be a basis for punishment apart from any costs associated with the case. 

He was not suspended by the league last year though. And many players have been suspended even though there was no criminal charges. Jen got 6 games way back when? They were talking about this on Sirius the other day. Their opinion was he still will be suspended. He apparently was paid last year to not play. 

Archived