Keeping our enemies close

On 4/8/2022 at 3:38 PM, sparky151 said:

Bengals will probably have to move on from Boyd and Mixon when it comes time for Higgins extension in 2024. We should draft a WR this year and a RB next year to be ready. 

I think they wait on a very productive WR until 2023..

That's when they'll look for a type of IT guy at slot.

32 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

I think Mixon will see the tag before he's let go.

When is his contract up?

Bum Phillips said. "Last year we knocked on the door..This year we're gonna kick it in!"

Im thinking Mixon is like a bull waiting to explode outta the gate..

Im excited for him.

40 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

When is his contract up?

Bum Phillips said. "Last year we knocked on the door..This year we're gonna kick it in!"

Im thinking Mixon is like a bull waiting to explode outta the gate..

Im excited for him.

2025 UFA

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/joe-mixon-21789/

Revisiting Ohio State’s 2018 Spring Game, where Joe Burrow, Dwayne Haskins and Tate Martell shared the spotlight

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, left, and Washington Football Team quarterback Dwayne Haskins, right, embrace on the field during pregame warm-ups before the start of an NFL football game Sunday, Nov. 22, 2020, in Landover, Md.
It was difficult to see much separation between Joe Burrow, left, and Dwayne Haskins, right, when Buckeye Talk looked back on the 2018 Ohio State Spring Game.AP

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Maybe Urban Meyer and Ryan Day had no wrong answer to the question they asked themselves — and Ohio State football fans asked of them — after April 14, 2018.

That day in Ohio Stadium the Buckeyes’ coach and his heir apparent put their quarterback competition on display in the annual spring game. Dwayne Haskins and Joe Burrow went head-to-head in black jerseys leading the Gray team. Redshirt freshman Tate Martell took the reins of the Scarlet team.

The outcome of that competition set off a chain reaction that changed college football. Haskins became OSU’s starter and rewrote the record book in a Heisman Trophy finalist 2018 season. Burrow transferred to LSU and one year later won that award while unfurling arguably the greatest season in NCAA history. Martell flashed some memorable moments as a backup before also leaving in search of elusive success.

All three are back in the news in their own way. Burrow has led the Bengals to the AFC playoff semifinals against another former Buckeye, Tennessee Titans coach Mike Vrabel. Haskins spent the season as a backup in Pittsburgh, which now awaits Ben Rothliesberger’s retirement decision. Martell has reportedly decided to walk away from football after one injury dampened season at UNLV — the fifth program to which he was either committed or played.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2022/01/revisiting-ohio-states-2018-spring-game-where-joe-burrow-dwayne-haskins-and-tate-martell-shared-the-spotlight.html

What Joe Burrow's injury means for Dwayne Haskins, Tate Martell, Buckeyes  QB future: Ohio State football analysis - cleveland.com

“I love Joe but during that battle, for almost two years, me and Joe couldn’t stand each other. Every day, whether it was morning workouts or when we had to do mat drills and it’d be me and him on the mat drill, it was gritty. Or it was practice and me and him are trying to get in front of each other to get a rep to throw to one of the starting receivers. It was always this heated competition, but we knew we got the best out of each other. He made it hard for me and I made it hard for him and I didn’t let him take it away.”

-- Dwayne Haskins in 2020

https://brobible.com/sports/article/dwayne-haskins-joe-burrow-ohio-state-hated-each-other/

14 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

What Joe Burrow's injury means for Dwayne Haskins, Tate Martell, Buckeyes  QB future: Ohio State football analysis - cleveland.com

“I love Joe but during that battle, for almost two years, me and Joe couldn’t stand each other. Every day, whether it was morning workouts or when we had to do mat drills and it’d be me and him on the mat drill, it was gritty. Or it was practice and me and him are trying to get in front of each other to get a rep to throw to one of the starting receivers. It was always this heated competition, but we knew we got the best out of each other. He made it hard for me and I made it hard for him and I didn’t let him take it away.”

-- Dwayne Haskins in 2020

https://brobible.com/sports/article/dwayne-haskins-joe-burrow-ohio-state-hated-each-other/

When you have 2 gifted QBs you go by who was best in practice.

Haskins was and threw 50tds..

Joe went on to LSU and threw 60tds.

There were no losers..

Only winners..

6 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Not sure what it says about bar-grinder butt-fingerer Urban Meyer, that he chose Haskins over Joe Shiesty, but alas ...

Dwayne Haskins, Joe Burrow | The-Ozone

College FB is only about talent that is readily available and "systems";  less about bringing out potential for most schools since it's a win now system.

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I think they wait on a very productive WR until 2023..

That's when they'll look for a type of IT guy at slot.

Unless they plan to let Higgins walk, they don't need an "IT" receiver to replace Boyd. Competent is good enough and colleges produce lots of good receivers these days with everyone running a spread. We need another WR this year in case one of the big 3 get hurt so taking a guy in round 3 should work. 

9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Man, I hope not. RB is a young man's position and tagging Mixon 8 years into his career would be a mistake. 

Depends on how well he holds up, while expensive, the tag only puts us on the hook for him for a year incase he falls off a cliff.  At that point in his career that is.

Archived