Jump to content

Keeping our enemies close


Recommended Posts

Report: Leonard Fournette weighs almost 260 pounds, Bucs coaches aren’t happy

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 18, 2022, 11:28 AM EDT
 
Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette has reportedly drawn the ire of the team’s coaching staff by letting himself get out of shape this offseason.
 
Longtime Buccaneers beat writer Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times said on his podcast that Fournette, who is listed at 228 pounds, actually weighs about 30 pounds more than that.
 
“The last time we saw Leonard Fournette he was about a donut shy of 260,” Stroud said. “He certainly didn’t look like a guy who could play every down.”
 
Fournette decided not to participate in voluntary Organized Team Activities, and when he showed up at mandatory minicamp, the coaches felt he has a long way to go to get into playing shape.
 
“Coaches were not happy, and that’s an understatement, when he didn’t participate in the OTAs, but then he shows up at the mandatory minicamp weighing damn near 260,” Stroud said. “And that’s not a good sign for a guy that you just spent a three-year contract on.”
 
The Buccaneers spent a third-round draft pick on running back Rachaad White, and they have running backs Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Giovani Bernard and Kenjon Barner on the depth chart as well. All of those backups may need to get themselves ready for the possibility that Fournette is going to need more breathers than usual.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2022 at 10:36 AM, Griever said:

Report: Leonard Fournette weighs almost 260 pounds, Bucs coaches aren’t happy

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 18, 2022, 11:28 AM EDT
 
Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette has reportedly drawn the ire of the team’s coaching staff by letting himself get out of shape this offseason.
 
Longtime Buccaneers beat writer Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times said on his podcast that Fournette, who is listed at 228 pounds, actually weighs about 30 pounds more than that.
 
“The last time we saw Leonard Fournette he was about a donut shy of 260,” Stroud said. “He certainly didn’t look like a guy who could play every down.”
 
Fournette decided not to participate in voluntary Organized Team Activities, and when he showed up at mandatory minicamp, the coaches felt he has a long way to go to get into playing shape.
 
“Coaches were not happy, and that’s an understatement, when he didn’t participate in the OTAs, but then he shows up at the mandatory minicamp weighing damn near 260,” Stroud said. “And that’s not a good sign for a guy that you just spent a three-year contract on.”
 
The Buccaneers spent a third-round draft pick on running back Rachaad White, and they have running backs Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Giovani Bernard and Kenjon Barner on the depth chart as well. All of those backups may need to get themselves ready for the possibility that Fournette is going to need more breathers than usual.

 

 

crazy guys do this..

 

especially such a veteran. guess he is about done playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In all seriousness - $9 million signing bonus and another $3 million on top of that guaranteed. 12 total. Really, if he is 260 he is fucking the Bucs over having just signed that contract and taken that signing bonus money and then letting himself go...

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/leonard-fournette-21745/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the issue of throwbacks, I think most retro uniforms are far superior to the current ones and many teams will be pressured by their fans to revert back with this new alternate helmet rule. 

 

It is a travesty against eye sight and common sense that the D Broncos, 70s Dolphins, Kelly Green Eagles, Pat Patriots, and Creamcicle Bucs are not their current unis. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ Colossal mistake by Arizona to pay Murray that kind of guaranteed money as I don't even think his heart is in football (prefers baseball). Plus his height is a huge liability and the league has figured his little scramble gimmick out (blitz him with a DB off the edge). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Colossal mistake by Arizona to pay Murray that kind of guaranteed money as I don't even think his heart is in football (prefers baseball). Plus his height is a huge liability and the league has figured his little scramble gimmick out (blitz him with a DB off the edge). 

he looked completely demoralized against the Rams in the playoffs, totally out of sorts.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-rumors-browns-to-work-out-josh-rosen-a-j-mccarron-ahead-of-possible-suspension-per-report/
Deshaun Watson rumors: Browns to work out Josh Rosen, A.J. McCarron ahead of possible suspension, per report

It appears the Browns are bracing themselves for impact

 

Deshaun Watson is currently waiting to hear if he'll be forced to serve an NFL suspension of any sort in 2022, and so are the Cleveland Browns after trading with the Houston Texans to acquire him before immediately awarding him the largest contract -- also fully guaranteed -- in the history of the league. But having now parted ways with former first-overall pick Baker Mayfield, traded to the Carolina Panthers in July, they'll need to create a contingency plan in the event Watson is banned for any amount of time; and they have their eyes on two well-known quarterbacks as a possible contingency plan.
 

Those two gentleman are Josh Rosen and A.J. McCarron, per ESPN, both of whom are reportedly set to workout for the Browns just ahead of veterans reporting to NFL training camp. If either (or both) are signed, it isn't expected to change the likelihood of incumbent backup Jacoby Brissett being elevated to the role of QB1 in the event of a Watson suspension.
 

Rosen is a former 10th-overall pick of the Arizona Cardinals who was jettisoned by the club via trade only one year later, and he's struggled to find an NFL home ever since. Should he join the Browns, it will mark the sixth team of his professional career in only five seasons. McCarron, a former fifth-round pick Cincinnati Bengals has fared a might better in the professional ranks -- remaining with his initial team for four seasons -- but he's also become a journeyman and, similar to Rosen, he'd be entering his sixth team if he and the Browns come to terms on a deal.

Other than Watson and Brissett, the only QB on the roster is Joshua Dobbs, a former fourth-round pick of the Pittsburgh Stealers who himself hasn't panned out and has a lot to prove, as the Browns try desperately to zoom in on a backup QB for Brissett in the event they lose Watson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, gupps said:

what some colorblind @sshole did to the old Oilers

 

Oilers always had a top 7 uniform in the league, I agree. A confession: my favorite RB to watch highlights of is Earl Campbell in them. Love his play style. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gupps said:

And don't forget what some colorblind @sshole did to the old Oilers (now Titans) unis, it hurts just looking at them.

 

I couldn't appreciate those Oilers uniforms like I should have at the time, because of my dislike of the team. But looking back, they were among the best in league history. The Titans screwed it up in 1999 and then made it worse with the recent changes. If they don't want to be the Oilers, then fine. I get the need for a complete rebrand and something that Nashville could call its own, but they really could've used the same uniform and switched the oil derrick for the sword "T" and been great.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dex said:

I know Watson would be allowed to play during the exhibition games, but would he be allowed to practice with the team once the season starts?

 

No. His suspension would start with the first week of the season and he's not allowed to practice with the team during his suspension. He can practice on his own or have the WRs come over on their own though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Colossal mistake by Arizona to pay Murray that kind of guaranteed money as I don't even think his heart is in football (prefers baseball). Plus his height is a huge liability and the league has figured his little scramble gimmick out (blitz him with a DB off the edge). 

 

Yeah, seems a little rich for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

 

Yeah, seems a little rich for him. 

 

Cleveland tilted the market, now teams are scrambling to ink deals before the combination of higher cap & better FA QB's that aren't headed for registered sex offender status really blow things up for everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Cleveland tilted the market, now teams are scrambling

 

More than that, I think Cleveland's irresponsibility might place the financial health of the NFL in jeopardy. Fully guaranteed contracts in a contact sport with high injury rates is a poison pill that could sink the league one day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BlackJesus said:

 

More than that, I think Cleveland's irresponsibility might place the financial health of the NFL in jeopardy. Fully guaranteed contracts in a contact sport with high injury rates is a poison pill that could sink the league one day. 

 

Yeah there's no way they didn't receive assurances beforehand that Watson would be able to play.  Over 2 dozen accusations of stuff that could easily end his career and they're giving him the largest guaranteed contract in NFL history. They knew he was getting a slap on the wrist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...