Keeping our enemies close

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33231675/source-pittsburgh-Stealers-finalizing-deal-promote-teryl-austin-defensive-coordinator

PITTSBURGH -- The Stealers didn't have to look far to find their next defensive coordinator.

The organization is finalizing a deal with senior defensive assistant and secondary coach Teryl Austin to replace outgoing defensive coordinator Keith Butler, who retired last month, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

The two sides are working out the details of the contract Sunday, the source said.

The news of Austin's promotion was first reported by The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33231675/source-pittsburgh-Stealers-finalizing-deal-promote-teryl-austin-defensive-coordinator

PITTSBURGH -- The Stealers didn't have to look far to find their next defensive coordinator.

The organization is finalizing a deal with senior defensive assistant and secondary coach Teryl Austin to replace outgoing defensive coordinator Keith Butler, who retired last month, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

The two sides are working out the details of the contract Sunday, the source said.

The news of Austin's promotion was first reported by The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Hes back to his stomping grounds..

Pitt graduate..raised around there..

Hes been a good DBacks coach for some time.

He didnt prove his capabilities with 

the Bengals but hes a respected coach..

I hope he fails miserably..😎

15 hours ago, GoBengals said:

pending current scrubbs being gone... vikings? texans?giants? carolina? atl if they move matty? lol tampa?  i dunno. tough one... id guess about 10 teams as a backup... dalton style.

Why not Pittsburgh?

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I was thinking Cleveland also.

Is any GM going to mortgage the future for a couple years ..

Its going to cost alot of picks  plus his salary would lead to player cuts..

Nobody is trading for Jimmy G at $24 mil.  He will be released with a $1.4 mil cap hit and be an FA. 

Basically the same thing happened to Kaepernick. People pretend Kap walked away from his big contract but the 49ers already told him they planned to release him for a small cap hit.  

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Absolutely..

My post was pertained to Rogers going to Cleveland in a trade..

Damn talk about me gettin off the rails.. 😊

THAT trade would cost a lot of first rounders, a lot of salary and probably some future grandchildren. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at needs for AFCN opponents.

Cleveland Has to get a standout receiver for Mayfield.

They sign a good vet and draft 

Garrett Wilson or Olave or London.

Pittsburgh has many meeds in 22.

QB ( Pickett) Oline and no receiving threat..

Where to start??..

Baltimore was plagued by injuries.

More than the norm..

Any pass rushing and oline need help..

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yeah, Chargers are making a lot of moves to finish in 3rd place and miss the playoffs.

I think that last year a lot of people thought that the Bengals were making a lot of moves to finish in 3rd or 4th place.

Right?  :shrug:  

34 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I think that last year a lot of people thought that the Bengals were making a lot of moves to finish in 3rd or 4th place.

Right?  :shrug:  

I dunno about that. 

Playing in a division with Russel Wilson and Pat Mahomes though, the Chargers are definitely going to be picked 3rd until they prove otherwise. 

On 3/4/2022 at 9:47 PM, claptonrocks said:

Looking at needs for AFCN opponents.

Cleveland Has to get a standout receiver for Mayfield.

They sign a good vet and draft 

Garrett Wilson or Olave or London.

Pittsburgh has many meeds in 22.

QB ( Pickett) Oline and no receiving threat..

Where to start??..

Baltimore was plagued by injuries.

More than the norm..

Any pass rushing and oline need help..

Thinking the Browns and Colts are going to make a play for Carr.  

Mayfield is what he is: A 3rd tier starting QB at best.   Why pay him when you know he can’t get you to an AFC Championship?   

Carr would be an instant and significant upgrade for a team that doesn’t need a great QB to make a legitimate run.  

Hope it doesn’t happen.  

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Mayfield is what he is: A 3rd tier starting QB at best.   Why pay him when you know he can’t get you to an AFC Championship?   

Carr would be an instant and significant upgrade for a team that doesn’t need a great QB to make a legitimate run.  

Hope it doesn’t happen.  

Pittsburgh, maybe?

23 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Hope it doesn’t happen.  

What would the Raiders do after such a deal. It is like the Colts, they trade Wentz but then are left thumb twiddling. Same with Seattle. Obviously, there can be issues with personality conflicts involves but if the Raiders tade Carr what is the plan?

Archived