Playoffs vs Titans..game thread.

15 minutes ago, Griever said:

Does Taylor have a lifetime contract from Mikey at this point lol

Give Zac credit for the win but he does need to learn from this win: When you're getting your ass kicked at the line, call short passing plays. He continually sent our guys downfield and that nearly got our stud QB killed

14 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I am in Bloomington.  There are damn few Bengal fans here.

I'm thinking of heading to Cincy for next Sunday, looking for a bar, watch the game surrounded by fans.   Anyone up for that?

I'm up for that... however it is a little too far.  :(

33 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

MY God i hope he does something with the OL .  I am sure they are giving it 110% but the Tuxedos showed  they are playing over their head 

We are playing with house money, boys.   We drafted Chase instead of Sewell - we made the right call, though we knew that it meant our OL would be suspect.  What's happening now wasn't supposed to happen until next season at the earliest.

But think about this:

(1) Of the 14 playoff teams, the Bengals have the largest cap space - we can spend.

(2) Of the top 10 PFF-rated players on our roster, ALL OF THEM are signed to contracts for the next 1-2 years - we can spend.

(3) For the first time in ages (ever?) Cincinnati is a place where free agents will want to play.  And - we can spend.

With Burrow, Chase, our Skill position players, a firming-up defense, and outstanding special teams, if you're a quality OL looking for a ring, you've GOT to be hoping that your agent gets a call from Pumpkie during the off-season.  We are an attractive destination, we're stable, we're good, we're a contender..... and what's happening RIGHT NOW is what the league is expecting to see out of PBS for the next few seasons.

The future is bright.... and that brightness will attract more skill players, particularly on the OL.

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

If we can win that game in Tenn against the 1 seed, we can win it all.

Crazy to think we have the best QB in the NFL after just 29 games and a knee injury later, huh? 

Sure is and its time to spend every dollar of cap money and high draft picks the next 2 years to protect him.

Joe B IS the Bengals for the next decade.

15 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

We are playing with house money, boys.   We drafted Chase instead of Sewell - we made the right call, though we knew that it meant our OL would be suspect.  What's happening now wasn't supposed to happen until next season at the earliest.

Agreed, we are way ahead of where I thought we would be this season, 8-9 to 9-8 was my best expectation.

Didnt really expect winning the division.

But think about this:

(1) Of the 14 playoff teams, the Bengals have the largest cap space - we can spend.

(2) Of the top 10 PFF-rated players on our roster, ALL OF THEM are signed to contracts for the next 1-2 years - we can spend.

This is huge IMO, there will be a couple of areas to fill and we should be watching Oline, CBs, Edge, maybe LB. We are in a great position to sit and pick, but don't be cheap.

(3) For the first time in ages (ever?) Cincinnati is a place where free agents will want to play.  And - we can spend.

Yep, they have done well under Zac and Duke, another big off season and draft puts us in the top 4 with anybody.

This team can go far and will be fun to watch.

With Burrow, Chase, our Skill position players, a firming-up defense, and outstanding special teams, if you're a quality OL looking for a ring, you've GOT to be hoping that your agent gets a call from Pumpkie during the off-season.  We are an attractive destination, we're stable, we're good, we're a contender..... and what's happening RIGHT NOW is what the league is expecting to see out of PBS for the next few seasons.

The future is bright.... and that brightness will attract more skill players, particularly on the OL.

Archived